Do You Ever Get Tempted?

68 posts / 0 new
Last post

"irfghan" wrote:
"MuslimSister" wrote:

I forgive very easily-I'm a bit weak like that...

Forgiveness is a weakness?

Forgiveness is not a weakness but (apparently) forgiving too quickly and easily is….

I’m not sure though.

forgiveness means you have better things to do than sulk...

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

forgiving is a virtue as is asking for forgiveness

you know i am actually very tempted by goodness but cant seem to take up the offer its as if my feet are in glue

"MuslimSister" wrote:

Forgiveness is not a weakness but (apparently) forgiving too quickly and easily is….

I’m not sure though.

Depends who u forgive, if sum1 close to you has done somethin to help you in the long run and you realise and forgive them then thats fine but if you forgive sum1 who is always hurtin you, example been a husband who hits his wife and she keeps forgivn him....that is a weakness if the hubby aint gona stop then she should leave him.

"Admin" wrote:
forgiveness means you have better things to do than sulk...

is that a message for me Mr Admin :roll:

forgiving ASAP DOES mean that ur weak-nothing wrong with making people grovel for a bit

and angel u made a great point

"angel" wrote:

Depends who u forgive, if sum1 close to you has done somethin to help you in the long run and you realise and forgive them then thats fine but if you forgive sum1 who is always hurtin you, example been a husband who hits his wife and she keeps forgivn him....that is a weakness if the hubby aint gona stop then she should leave him.

That’s a very good point.

Forgiving people very easily in certain situations is very wrong…and a massive weakness.

Salam

"MuslimSister" wrote:
Forgiving people very easily in certain situations is very wrong…and a massive weakness.

Would you be kind enough to furnish us with a couple of examples to illustrate the negativity of such a magnanimous action.

Omrow

"Omrow" wrote:

Would you be kind enough to furnish us with a couple of examples to illustrate the negativity of such a magnanimous action.

Read the example angel gave.

If a woman was severely beated daily by her husband...had bruises on her face and she forgive him each time she’d be a weak woman.

If her husband was known to be a unfaithful man and yet she accepted this fact and forgave him each time he cheated on her, she’d be a weak woman.

Forgiving too easily in these situations only causes the wrong doer to take advantage.

Salaam

Back to the topic… many of us have described where our weakness’ lie…

So what exactly makes you want to follow the straight path? What makes you want to be a good Muslim? What stops you from doing haraam and encourages you to do good?

Is it…fear of Allah (swt) punishment? Or is it love for Allah (swt) Is it fear or parents? Your rep in society? Or other external factors….or is it a mixture of the above?

Wasalaam

a certain nosy parker sister stops me from being a naughty girl :twisted:

I think there are a few weaknesses mentioned above with which I can be likened with Smile Especially the morning prayers, as I work 5 days the end of the week gets more difficult and even if a bomb goes off I can never open my eyes...I even have a alarm clock 5 feet away so I don't turn it off in my sleep!! Biggrin This is always the main subject and want of my prayers when praying!

I guess if we keep on trying to fight our nafs and fighting through the jungle we will one day get somwhere but to cut through the dense bushes we need a weapon and that weapon is taqwa - fear of allah(swt) and the love of our prophet (saas).

My pir sahaab always tells me the three main things to get the heart clean and get taqwa is to do sabr - at hard times, shukr (thank allah) - at good times and Zikr - remberence of allah at all times. Smile

The best preacher is the conscience, the best teachers are time and experience, the best book is the world, the best friend is God

i heard that the more religious a person gets the bigger their shaytaan gets

that prob means that the more "good" a person becomes-the harder it is for them to stay on the straight path

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
i heard that the more religious a person gets the bigger their shaytaan gets

that prob means that the more "good" a person becomes-the harder it is for them to stay on the straight path

whats the logic behind that?

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

I agree with you LilSis, the more you begin to move forward towards strengthing the faith and belief the more harder it gets, if it was straight forward then there wouldn't be a need for this life....god could have just given us all a pass to paradise...

Life is a test and when the GCSE's are passed then you do the A-Levels etc. Shaytaan and desires are obstacles which will become stronger as we progress but when we reach a certain threshhold then not even the devil or desires can touch us, they just run away, and that is the level of the Awliya's - the saints.

May allah(Swt) make us stronger and stronger until our last breath.

The best preacher is the conscience, the best teachers are time and experience, the best book is the world, the best friend is God

Salaam

It’s true that the more pious a person becomes the harder it is for them to stay on the right path.

The attacks from Shaytaan then become more subtle instead of being full on…..

According to Sheikh Abdul Qadir Jillani the people of knowledge and piety are in greater danger of arrogance then anyone else….and it was arrogance that resulted in the downfall of Satan.

Wasalaam

Salam

"MuslimSister" wrote:
the more pious a person becomes the harder it is for them to stay on the right path

This has to be one of the most absurd statements since 1949.

It appears that she had a little too much to drink last night.

Omrow

lol, it duz seem a lil absurd, however duz make a lil more sense. could one of the kind posters please give us a practical example 2 back their point?

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

I think what MS is trying to say (pls correct me if im wrong)

Is that the more a person follows the right path the more the shaytaan sends his legions to trip you up. Theres no point in sending them to people who are already on the wrong path.

The harder you try to be good the stronger the seduction to the darkside. Im gonna stop there b4 i start talking about Star Wars, but you get what i mean now.

Back in BLACK

omro its a simple concept

but too bad ur mouse brain cant understand it :roll:

must be all that cheese you've been eating

"Omrow" wrote:

This has to be one of the most absurd statements since 1949.

Lol. What was said in 1949?

Salaam

Omrow, as Seraph has pointed out why on Earth should Satan bother with them people who are already astray? Why should he waste his time on them people who are already on the road towards hell?

Obviously, he would focus more so on those people who are trying to get closer to Allah (swt).

Once the Shaytaan tried to trick Sheikh Abdul Qadir Jillani (ra) by visiting him in the form of a cloud and pretended to be God and told him that he no longer was obliged to read Salaah. The great Sheikh Abdul Qadir Jillani (ra) passed the test and saw through his charade….have you ever been tested like that? Do you think that you’d pass the test if the devil tried it on with you like that?

In another incident Satan wished to put the love that Prophet Ayub (AS) possessed for Allah (swt) to the test…. Prophet Ayub (AS) was made critically ill for 18 years. He had a serious illness in which flesh eating insects used to eat his wounds, and cause severe excruciating pain for him….yet he never once complained to Allah (swt), nor did his love or trust in Him (swt) diminish……do you think that you could soldier it like that for 18 years?

And I’m sure you know of the time when Satan tested Prophet Isa (AS) by tempting him to jump of the cliff and told him that if Allah (swt) really truly loved him he wouldn’t let him fall to his death….but Prophet Isa (AS) told him that one should never put Allah (swt) to the test….

The closer one becomes to Allah (swt) the more grief they receive from Satan…the

Prophets and the Awliya’s have always been tested the most… this is how they acquired their extremely high statuses….if it was easy for us all to get close to Allah (swt) we’d all be Sufi’s and Awliya’s…

Wasalaam

Salam

"MuslimSister" wrote:
It’s true that the more pious a person becomes the harder it is for them to stay on the right path.

the people of knowledge and piety are in greater danger of arrogance then anyone else...

Seraph. She might have meant what you said. But thats because you know the lady.

A neutral person reading the above statement cannot help thinking that she is insulting righteous people.

She leaves no room for a positive interpretation.

She is saying that the more closer to God you get the weaker you become.

Jesus H. Christ !!

She is one dizzy woman !

Omrow

what does the H in Jesus Christ's name mean?

i never knew he had a middle name, not according to my version of the bible anyway!

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Omrow" wrote:

She is saying that the more closer to God you get the weaker you become.

no dumbo she is saying that the closer u get to God the HARDER it becomes

she never said u become weaker

maybe if u stay off the cheese and wine it may become clearer

Salaam

Omrow, please don’t twist my words.

I am not insulting righteous people.

They are NOT weak, however they have underwent and passed DIFFICULT tests in order to gain proximity to Allah (swt).

Something that everyone can not cope with …especially not the weak people.

Wasalaam

You're only encouraging him.

As the sign clearly says "Do not feed the Omrow"

Salam

The woman is now changing her story.

Its ok. Everyone has a right to do the u turn.

Omrow

I get tempted sometimes

I get tempted to let loose my French over the stupidity of SOME members

but then I just take a deep breath and remind myself that them who are addicted to cheese and wine will never get very far in life anyway-

and anyway it aint worth being banned over

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
I get tempted sometimes

I get tempted to let loose my French over the stupidity of SOME members

but then I just take a deep breath and remind myself that them who are addicted to cheese and wine will never get very far in life anyway-

and anyway it aint worth being banned over

I HATE FRENCH.

I only speak pimp.

[img]

hehhehe

Had to rework that picture into my posts somehow. I should find out who that dude is and tell him I made him famous.

Damn straight about the french - cheese and wine, what the hell is that?!

I don't so much mind the French as I do Parisians. Most people in the country side are nice, and when they are mean you can just remind yourself they are "simple people" and then chuckle at their complete uselessness in the grand scheme of things.

Parisians seem to think they are God's gift to civilization - and ya know what? That pyramid in front of the Louvre - it's gay. Pyramids are freaking triangles, the only thing that made them interesting is that they were made 29384092830948.5 years ago and they were flipping huge.

When you made em a couple years ago over the course of a month - really not all that impressive.

Oh and I forgot to mention it's totally out of place.

Parisians not ONLY talk down at you, but they talk down at you IN FRENCH. Even when you politely scream "English Damnnit!"

lol we American's are so great. We treat people like foreigners in their own countries. No wonder the world hates us.

I definitely need to go fishing.

Pages