Do You Ever Get Tempted?

Salaam

Do any of you sometimes feel really tempted to do un-Islamic things?

Don’t worry I have no intentions to start doing bad stuff…and I KNOW that there is Hiqmah (wisdom) behind all the stuff that is forbidden in Islam.

But we all must have our weaknesses and stuff that we struggle with…I wanted to know where our weaknesses lie…

Personally, because as a teenager I associated with extremely vain, fashion conscious girls… my evenings were spent in front of the mirror….and at least 60% of my private thoughts were dedicated to fashion, my hair and how I look…I feel tempted when I see girls all dressed up out and about…..I feel it sometimes when my head is covered in weddings or when I’m with friends on Eid….. The hardest thing I ever did in my life was wear a Hijaab for the first time aged 18….

In fact whenever I’ve asked converts their view on this matter they also say that covering the head for the first time is the hardest thing to do…that and learning how to pray

So that’s my weakness…this is the only internal battle I face within myself from time to time…everything else is OK….

What’s your personal struggle? What wrong Islamic stuff do you ever feel tempted to do?

Also what do you guys think is the hardest part of Islam? What do you guys struggle with and haven’t as of yet perfected?

Do you find the Salaah difficult? Is fasting difficult? Do you find it difficult to avoid bad company?

Do you find it difficult to stop swearing? Do you find it difficult to stop listening to the wrong kind of Music?

Is it difficult for you to stop backbiting? Do you find it hard to bite your lip when parents are doing your head in?

None of us are Awliya’s…none of us have defeated our Nafs and perfected our characters yet….so I’m sure we all have many weaknesses and shortcomings.

Share your thoughts on the matter.

Wasalam

cant stop watching MTV-despite mum lecturing me 24/7

cant stop burning CD's on Kazaa

and not regular five time with my prayer yet :oops: :oops:

salaam

hardest thing for me is maintaining, saying in there. ive had countless phases where ive started reading salaah, stopped swaering, watching my actions....but they didnt last long, or long enough. and so i returned to my normal ways, nothing dodgy, just bieng lazy and wasting time which is really precious.

but Inshallah, the camp has given me new found strength to not give up this time. and my brothers also help me out a lot, especially my younger 1....mashallah looking at him gives me strength.

i figured the best way to make changes 4 the better is to try to eradicate your weaknesses, and for that it requires a strong mind. e.g. - b4 wen i tried bieng good..i still listened 2 music. personally 4 me, its a big distraction from deen. i ended up listening to it 24/7 and i wasted endless hours downloading albums, mixtapes, unheard singles etc....there wasnt an album i didnt have :shock: and u knw what hardcore rap is like.

if you find yourself doing something un-Islamic, find an alternative replacement. if you truly think your not affected by music, thats fine. (but the videos are all dodgy nowadays). my alternative was nasheeds and naats, which ive come to love a lot more.

its also hard 2 lower your gaze in the city centre on nice hot days, 2 much obscenity surrounding you. a lot of the struggle is based on how strong you are inside.

swearing....hardly swore since the camp, but it doesnt help bieng around my mates. hence why i stay at home more now, a cleaner environment. phone call wiv my mate.......
Me - Asslamulaikum
mate - "yo wassup B*atch"

the article on friends in the revival has got me thinkin seriously, and as of yet im still unsure what im doing. its prob fair 2 say my weaknesses arise when around my peers, not all tho, but my best mates think theyre playa's lol.

true, no1 here can i say were anywhere near perfecting the control of our nafs, but i pray for us all to struggle to overcome the shaytaan within us.

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

swearing in extreme anger is my weakness as well

my BIGGEST weakness :oops: :oops:

happens to everyone. its hard 2 give up. jus read some dua's or darood sharif or say Auzibillah if you feel your getting really angry or worked up. remain calm at all times, easier said than done but it can be done!

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

salaam i think the hardest thing for me is reading my salah especially 5 times my parents havent been strict in the sense that they didnt really tell us to read when we were young so i find it really difficult i just cant do it theres days when i wontmiss a prayer even my fajr andthen there aredays that if i miss my fajr i wont read the rest i know astagfirullah and i need to stop blaming my parents cos me old enough to know whats right and whats wrong.

my other weakness is the telly we subscribed to sky and they have given us 2 ori think three months for free and i just sit and watch all the movies especially know that i've got holidays but but i know its wrong and i will lose this bad habit inshallah as i have survived 2 whole months without tv and thats when i was inpakistan.

i know thati can overcome all these bad habits but it will take time.

me too

boy my list is increasing

swearing

Music

Missing prayers

:oops: :oops: :oops:

inshallah, it takes diffrent time with everyone.

tv is big prob - find something else to do wich u equally enjoy. play sports. go see friends. spend time with family, time is limited. the box was designed to corrupt the future generations....besideds Sky news, Sky sports and fresh prince Lol

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Well id hav 2 admit my weakness is my fajr prayer as i find it really hard 2 wake up in da morning.I hav 3 alarms in my room n still cant get up sumtimes. One day i get up the other i miss it or it'll b a whole week were i get up every morning n nxt week sum dayz missing....its really annoying Sad n im tryin hard 2 make sure i do get up.

Well i do read the rest 4 prayers but its just the morning 1 i miss sumtimes.

Apart 4rm dat id like 2 stay awake at nite in the company of Allah (swt) just like wen we were told at de camp but then i rememba my sleep again n dnt no hw 2 keep myself awake plus parents say i shuld sleep on time as i hav 2 b fresh 4 wrk in da mornin.

But insh'Allah i will try n improve my weakness especially the morning prayer.

"Duniya toh badalti rehti hai...Ey mere Quaid tuh kabhi Na badal janaa"

its hard when ur working, very true. i totally admit, i cant get up for fajr go sleep and then wake up 3 hours later for work. c'est impossible. last nyt i stayed up till 4, not really praying or such, but i got 2 work at half 10 :shock: now i gotta stay behind for an extra one and half hours Cray 2

when ur at uni or work or sumwhere u gota be awake in the morning, its hard 2 implement the camp lifestyle daily. well not until ur spiritually up there anywayz IMO. my mama always tells us 2 sleep and dad worries 4 our health way 2 much. dont blame em tho.

fajr is hard :?

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

salaam

my weaknesses....

mmmmhhh....if i was honest and open then may be, me as an editor..and the magazine will be looked in a different or negative way..so i better not say anything... Biggrin

"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:
salaam

my weaknesses....

mmmmhhh....if i was honest and open then may be, me as an editor..and the magazine will be looked in a different or negative way..so i better not say anything... Biggrin

lol, we ust knw Eds been bad... tut tut bro... didnt thnk u wer like that.

My weakness i'd have to say are my close friends and lets say not all of them are soo well behaved. But they're not that bad that i'd consider dropping them, they'r enot exactly saints but they're good guys. Wink And they do tend to influence me sometimes.

My other weakness i have to admit is the fajhr namaaz... i used to be able to get up for it when it was around 6ish coz i got up to get ready to go to work then as well but now its ssooo hard. I must also confess that Ishaa namaaz can also sometimes seem a little long and im tired by then and just wanna go to sleep.

TV's not really a problem for me... prob coz i visit the cinema whenever theres a movie on that i want to watch... thats like twice in a month... may not seem like a lot... but to me... fogettabout'it.

Back in BLACK

salaam

my weaknesses....

Mr Ed

sumtimes its what u DONT say that says it all

I'm sure we've all clocked the weakness of Mr Ed Wink

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
salaam

my weaknesses....

Mr Ed

sumtimes its what u DONT say that says it all

I'm sure we've all clocked the weakness of Mr Ed Wink

oh really.....go on then, lets hear it Smile

nope-cos I wouldnt want people to start to look at the magazine in a "differnet or negative way" Wink

but I give u a hint-its got sumin to do with the fact that some people tell my sister that the Revival is a "begerat magazine full of controversy"

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

nope-cos I wouldnt want people to start to look at the magazine in a "differnet or negative way" Wink

but I give u a hint-its got sumin to do with the fact that some people tell my sister that the Revival is a "begerat magazine full of controversy"

begerat :shock: no way....
controversial ...maybe.... but not begerat....

it doesnt matter about the size of the beard, your clothes, your job, position, status...etc every person, be him a hafiz, scholar etc.... will have attacks on his imaan through many different forms, types etc....

im a normal guy who happens to be editor of a national muslim magazine...

yes i have problems with fajr prayer, read it kazaa alot
yes i dont read the quran as much as i should, only when i need to do research or get a verse for an article... Biggrin
yes i do watch too much telly
yes i havent got that taqwa that i should really have..but its hard...
yes i swear when i get really angry

but i try, im getting better..and working for the revival helps massively..

trying to help other ppl is good...but sometimes you forget about yourself...

so ppl make duaa for me aswell pls...

wasalaam

Guilty consciounce eh MrEd?

lol, its okay... we understand... we're definately NOT seeing you in a whole new light. Biggrin

But we didnt expect you to be perfect or anything...

its cool... we understand... you try... you do guud.

Back in BLACK

recognising your problems is the 1s step to solving em.

Mr Ed, jus be careful all the revival haters dont use ur confessions against u! u knw how they make an issue out of nothing. i.e. the comic strip!

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

it doesnt matter about the size of the beard, your clothes, your job, position, status...etc every person, be him a hafiz, scholar etc.... will have attacks on his imaan through many different forms, types etc....

yes i dont read the quran as much as i should, only when i need to do research or get a verse for an article... Biggrin

wasalaam

:shock: Imagine what AS would have to say about that if he were still posting.

"Hayder Sabri" wrote:
recognising your problems is the 1s step to solving em.

Mr Ed, jus be careful all the revival haters dont use ur confessions against u! u knw how they make an issue out of nothing. i.e. the comic strip!

you're rite, but i'm being honest....i got nothing to hide....
those who hate me or the revival will always find something to moan about...

its either my beard is too small
or why i dont wear salwaar kameez

or revival is too rude
too controversial
too tacky
childish
waste of time
'you can tell islamically educated people dont write for them'
they are bidati cos they use pictures
they take mick out of islam
they are blasphemers....
theyre doing it for the money

blah..blah..blah

i get alot more than that ever since i started the magazine...

i just say things as they are and as i see them, i dont mind highlighting my own errors or weaknesses...

wasalaam

he may be listening in and campaining against the ed and his mag :roll:

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"irfghan" wrote:

wasalaam

:shock: Imagine what AS would have to say about that if he were still posting.

he would have said, he must be a brelwi Lol

Salaam

Lol-poor Mr Ed…

My weakness also lies in getting up for Fajr….especially on the nights when I’ve kept my sister and cousins awake talking about everything and anything…..when I sleep late I always snooze my way through Fajr.

I don’t watch too much TV…but I’m not one to miss programmes such as America’s Next Top Model, Model Behaviour, Miss World, Wife Swap….My Wife And Kids, Fresh Prince etc

My biggest weakness though lies with my parents…sometimes they come out with the most ridiculous statements that I can’t help but give sarcastic answer …

And whenever I get told off and know that I was 101% right….I go into a strop, stop talking to them, refuse to eat my food….until they apologise and try to get into my good books again…..I only do this cos they let me get away with it…..but its SO wrong to expect your parents to bend for you….

I also laugh at (and therefore encourage) the controversial stuff my sister comes out with sometimes….in fact I’ve even in the past made her pass on a messages to my parents….only cos she says stuff in a blunt way which I cant do…

But it’s true that keeping oneself busy with good stuff and sorting out your company plays huge part.

Wasalaam

"MuslimSister" wrote:

And whenever I get told off and know that I was 101% right….I go into a strop, stop talking to them, refuse to eat my food….until they apologise and try to get into my good books again…..I only do this cos they let me get away with it…..but its SO wrong to expect your parents to bend for you….

Refuse to eat your food!?

Bloody hell, how old are you?

"irfghan" wrote:

Refuse to eat your food!?

Bloody hell, how old are you?

Lol-21!

But I lose my appetite when I'm upset anyway....

I couldnt eat even if I wanted to

lol @ MS

I tried that once. Went thru 2 days without eating or speaking to them... Ofcourse i was smuggling food in and out when they werent lookin but they finally gave in.

Sad.. but tru.

Back in BLACK

Lol!

My little strops never last more then a few hours anyway...

I forgive very easily-I'm a bit weak like that..and if I sleep on it, its totally pushed to the back of my mind and the issue seems minor when I wake up...

salaamz

i think everyone gets tempted to do bad stuff - no matter how small or big it may be simply because shaytaan is always there ready to attack us+he attacks those ppl who are on the right path more than the rest

my weakness also includes my fajr prayer...i read all the rest but sometimes i end up sleeping through my alarm+missing fajr...but since the hols iv been staying up+reading fajr and then sleeping!! Biggrin so for the time being im tackling that weakness!

another big one with many youth is their company...more then often our friends are into stuff thats bad+when your trying to improve yourself and trying to change yourself...it can sometimes be hard. but with me iv had some breathing space on my own away from my mates+now i feel strong enough to be around them and not to get influenced by them so Insha'Allah maybe i can influence them! but saying that it is still hard to stay away from ppl who are a bad influence...because sometimes theyr ppl who you used to get on with...but this also gives us a perfect chance of dawah work! - inviting them towards Islam.

"MuslimSister" wrote:

I forgive very easily-I'm a bit weak like that...

Forgiveness is a weakness?

my weaknesses:

my mood ie anger/stress/annoyed/, it gets me into a lot bother which in turn leads to crying, apoligies etc.....i cnt control my temper only way i can let off steam is by shoutin!

like lilsis my prayers havent been up 2 scratch, esp fajar...

Using words like "s**t" most of the other words i have stopped using 2 yrs ago..i think swearin has a lot to do with influence with friends!

"irfghan" wrote:

Forgiveness is a weakness?

forgivness IS a weakness

after dad shouts at her sumtimes and leaves her crying her eyes out all evening

all he has to say is "beti u know I have a temper, I only shout cos I love u too much"

and she forgives :roll:

she hates it when people grovel

(99% of the time the telling of is cos she's returned home late from somewhere)

I dont forgive so easily-it can take me up to 3 days to forgive

LOL-but this only works with daughters and not sons

one time my brother got shouted at and he stopped talking to dad for four days and dad never even noticed Biggrin

Pages