sunni/wahabi whats the difference?

i want 2 know the difference of sunni and wahabi.......i find it really weird that muslims hav been categorised....i mean my cousins claim to be sunni and point towards my family and call us wahabis...talking about fathers bros and sis.....i dont know why this is ....my mum it doesnt matter let them call us what they want but its starting to matter now coz im sick of pointing fingers ,isnt osama bin ladin a wahabi...or 1 of the greatest imams imam abu hanafi

"muslim gyal" wrote:
i want 2 know the difference of sunni and wahabi.......i find it really weird that muslims hav been categorised....i mean my cousins claim to be sunni and point towards my family and call us wahabis...talking about fathers bros and sis.....i dont know why this is ....my mum it doesnt matter let them call us what they want but its starting to matter now coz im sick of pointing fingers ,isnt osama bin ladin a wahabi...or 1 of the greatest imams imam abu hanafi

A sunni is simply one who follows the sunnah of the Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him)
A wahabi is one who follows the teachings of wajab najdi

so wahabis dont follow the sunnah of the holy prophet every1 does dont they

"muslim gyal" wrote:
so wahabis dont follow the sunnah of the holy prophet every1 does dont they

i aint sayin that, its just that wahab najdi got some crazy views, i personaly believe the saudis are his followers, he was for destroying the holy places and now that is exacly what has been done. wahab najdi also killed loads of muslims who he beleived were commitin shirk :roll:

I aint sayin wahabi's dont follow the sunnah of the Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) but those who are true followers of wahab najdi do not..

Salam

The difference is so easy to remember.

Its about the destination.

One of them is going to Hell, and the other Paradise.

Omrow

lol funny guy

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

salaam

This thread is pointless, will create confusion, achieve nothing, will get ppl accusing of others of kufr, shirk, bidah, going hell etc...

this issue needs intellectual constructive discussion...and since nobody is doing that...i think its best to lock it...soon.

if u want to discuss it then the issue sto consider are:
1. Tawheed and shirk
2. bidah
3. following madhabs
4. muhammad bin abdul wahabb
5. status of the prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) -eg noor, bashr, Ilm ul gayb, haadir naazir,
6. then theres issues like tawassul, shifaah. istigatha, tasawuff

THESE ARE THE ISSUES THAT DIVIDE MUSLIMS TODAY ON BELIEF. ITS IMPORTANT TO KNOW YOUR BELIEFS ACCORDING TO QURAN AND SUNNAH BUT THERE IS NO POINT GOING IN TO DEBATES OR DISCUSSIONS ON THESE ISSUES- YOU LEAVE THAT TO THE SCHOLARS.

wasalaam

"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:
salaam

This thread is pointless, will create confusion, achieve nothing, will get ppl accusing of others of kufr, shirk, bidah, going hell etc...

this issue needs intellectual constructive discussion...and since nobody is doing that...i think its best to lock it...soon.

if u want to discuss it then the issue sto consider are:
1. Tawheed and shirk
2. bidah
3. following madhabs
4. muhammad bin abdul wahabb
5. status of the prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) -eg noor, bashr, Ilm ul gayb, haadir naazir,
6. then theres issues like tawassul, shifaah. istigatha, tasawuff

THESE ARE THE ISSUES THAT DIVIDE MUSLIMS TODAY ON BELIEF. ITS IMPORTANT TO KNOW YOUR BELIEFS ACCORDING TO QURAN AND SUNNAH BUT THERE IS NO POINT GOING IN TO DEBATES OR DISCUSSIONS ON THESE ISSUES- YOU LEAVE THAT TO THE SCHOLARS.

wasalaam

Mash'Allah!!!

Id agree wid u! No offence 2 others but it can get lil confusin sumtimes specially when the issue bout a wahabbi n sunni occurs.

I personally think as long as ur folowing the right scholar you've gt nothin 2 worry bout coz ur question can b answered by dem.

"Duniya toh badalti rehti hai...Ey mere Quaid tuh kabhi Na badal janaa"