BIG BROTHER

130 posts / 0 new
Last post

"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:

he may not be a 'perfect role model' but i rather have youngsters look up to him than alot of our so called imams and politicians.

Be careful what you wish for Ed... young kids are quite impressionable.

Back in BLACK

I saw the final show and I thought Shilpa came across really good - very intelligent and likeable. I'm glad she didn't play the victim - when they played some of the footage back to her, she seemed more appalled at her one insult to Jade than all of their insults to her and she was happy to live and let live. Because of that attitude, I'm glad she won - I think she made us asians look really good.

My sisters who have watched the whole show wanted Jermaine Jackson to win, but I think that was just coz he's a Muslim and Jermaine Jackson aka the brother of Michael Jackson - we're all quite big fans of his music. Funny how none of the biased media seem to be highlighting the fact that he is a Muslim - says enough anyway.

Regarding racism, I think it is more ignorance and arrogance. A lot of white ppl don't know much about any other religions, cultures, races - well only the stuff in the media, but that isn't knowledge, that is only there to create prejudices. But I think a lot of them aren't too interested in learning either, almost like 'why should we have to?' I think some ppl will always find it difficult to see past the colour of someones skin, ie they won't see you as a polite girl, but a polite asian girl. For some ppl, whether intentional or not, it's always an issue - because we're in the minority, maybe that is understandable to a certain extent. However, I'm still sometimes shocked by how little ppl know about Islam or how twisted their impressions of Islam are. Some of it is basic stuff, like praying, fasting etc - a lot, if not all, religions have similar practices, but it seems that just coz it's Islam, ppl lose all logic and like to draw their own conclusions.

About us Muslims being racist...... maybe our parents, or the ppl that come from abroad have preconceived ideas and struggle to see past them, but I don't think it's racism. Differences are always highlighted though, and I think it's natural for ppl to think their way is the best way, hence the reason they follow it, but I don't think others are hated for the way they live their life, in fact I think it's pretty much accepted.

Lol at SHEEDY - it took me a while to figure that one out! I always say gora, meaning white, and kaala, meaning black and no I don't think that's racist. I don't like the words paki and definitely not n*****. As for the others, I've never even heard of them let alone used them.

January 30, 2007
[b]Is Shilpa Shetty’s win a triumph over racism?[/b]

When she entered the Celebrity Big Brother House, Shilpa Shetty was largely unknown in the UK. By the time she left it, she had not only won the contest but also been credited with restoring Britain’s reputation as a tolerant nation. With everyone from the Sun to Gordon Brown promoting the phone vote as a referendum on racism, any result other than victory for Shetty would have been catastrophic. Yesterday, the Sun claimed her victory represented a triumph over racism. Brown has not yet commented.
According to the Archbishop of York, the Big Brother race row revealed an “ugly underbelly in society only too ready to point the finger at the foreigner”. If that is true, the complaints and controversy and, ultimately, Shetty’s victory are encouraging signs. Who could have predicted that the Sun would give away free Shilpa Shetty Bollywood DVDs or that the final two contestants would be a Muslim man and an Asian woman? The reaction to the bullying from Jade, Jo and Danielle suggests we are now more willing to stand up against televised intolerance. But for racism to be defeated requires more than a phone vote.

While Shetty was having her accent mocked in the house, a gang of teenage racists were being tried for the murder of an Asian taxi driver. Mohammad Parvaiz was kicked, punched and beaten with fence posts and bricks the day before his 15th wedding anniversary. After stamping on him, one of the gang was reported to have said, “I wonder if I’ve got Paki juice on my shoes?” There were no television cameras filming the abuse or the killing. Shetty had done her part, but defeating racism is about what happens when the cameras are not turned on, when Big Brother is not watching. So, a racist country or a tolerant one? You decide.

Sarfraz Manzoor
Tuesday January 30, 2007
The Guardian

her win is a sign that masses of people can be manipulated.

The somnambulant public voted.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

shilpa was luvly...

shes how i'd expect a proper princess to be like

i like her style....

shes very hypnotic...

i want to marry her...

im sure she'd luv me if she met me.....

i luv her....

They Vote To Send Us To War Instantly.....But None Of Their Kids Serve In The Infantry...

POWER TO THE PEOPLE....

[b][color=indigo]Shes meeting Mr Blair and the Queen.[/color][/b]

why doesnt she meet ME?

i'd luv her like no other man could...

never mind that stupid duck....

shilpa is my dream girl.......... Biggrin

They Vote To Send Us To War Instantly.....But None Of Their Kids Serve In The Infantry...

POWER TO THE PEOPLE....

"SAINT GEORGE ZHUKOV" wrote:
why doesnt she meet ME?

i'd luv her like no other man could...

never mind that stupid duck....

shilpa is my dream girl.......... Biggrin

What happened to the polish lass georgy :roll:

Pages