Saddam Hanged!!!

Saddam Hussein will be executed today or tomorrow, an Iraqi judge has said.

There were reports that the US had handed the former dictator had been handed over to Iraqi authorities - but State Department sources denied this.

Iraqi government sources said Prime Minister Nouri al Maliki had signed Saddam's death sentence.

American troops in Iraq are on "high alert" to deal with any outbreak of violence following an announcement of his death.

The former dictator's lawyer said he believed Saddam would be executed tomorrow.

"The Americans called the defence team to pick up his personal belongings," said Najib Naimi, a former Qatar justice minister.

"All these indications show he will probably be executed tomorrow."

However, earlier Iraq's deputy justice minister Bosho Ibrahim said: "This is not true. He is still with the Americans."
Anger at a court ruling
Anger at a court ruling

The ministry, which is in charge of implementing court rulings, would not execute Saddam before January 26, he said. (Sky News)

is it true or not we do not know!!! (Discuss)

[color=indigo][b]I don't think thats true, well it might be! I haven't watched the news in ages![/b][/color]

I watch the news on Tv and also read the news online!! Wink

Who is the cat of the Forum? MEZ!
Your damn right!

[color=indigo][b]Good for you! [/b][/color]

Well he's gone.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

I feel so upset about what has happened? I know he did a lot wrong......And on 5th november I thought he was going to get justise.........but why do I feel like this?? Cray 2

live and let live!!!!!!!

Eid day is probably not the best day for an execution.

But then again, when is?

Death is not a good thing. But we just gotta accept that people die and that people are killed. Sometimes it is necessary, sometimes not.

Now Saddam has reached a higher court where justice cannot be avoided.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

I don't have a opinion on what happened to him.

However, I did think it was inhumane and disgusting the way the news showed him before just before he was hanged with the noose round his neck.

aaaaaaaaaaah i didnt see it

To be beautiful is to expect nothing in return.

Ding Dong Saddam is gone

Back in BLACK

[color=indigo][b]I felt sorry for him. They shouldn't have aired it on national television.[/b][/color]

Mass murderers, child molesters and rapists are pretty much in the same echelon of "good riddance" so I'm happy the thug is dead.

But maybe that sinking feeling you've got Sirus is that they did this...

THE FRIGGEN DAY BEFORE EID AL ADHA?!??!?!

How stupid can these people be? Is one or two months so long to wait!? Arab sunnis are going to flip!

sinking feeling? when i say that?

He did wrong....but no fair trial, should have just been prisoned somewhere where he cant escape this time...and to show the whole hanging live :?

and they could have waited a few days, why they didnt...God knows

i agree with Admin, at the end of day no matter what happens here...The Lord Almighty is the true Judge

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Sirus" wrote:
sinking feeling? when i say that?

He did wrong....but no fair trial, should have just been prisoned somewhere where he cant escape this time...and to show the whole hanging live :?

and they could have waited a few days, why they didnt...God knows

i agree with Admin, at the end of day no matter what happens here...The Lord Almighty is the true Judge

oh... that was peacegirl - nevermind, she has your old avatar, thus the confusion.

but seriously, i agree at the end of the day it doesnt matter what happens here... but it does matter which day it is the end of, because executing him on or around that particular day is going to do nothing to endear the sunnis to the shias.

"Noori...*" wrote:
[color=indigo][b]I felt sorry for him. They shouldn't have aired it on national television.[/b][/color]

ahhhh did they show it all i missed it (

To be beautiful is to expect nothing in return.

[color=magenta]Assalamu alaykum

i dont no why but when i was watching it i was quite upset by the death of saddam, dont get me wrong i totally hated whatever the man did but i dont know why im quite upset, at least now he will receive the ultimate ruling from Allah SWT so justice will most definitely be done[/color]

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

"Exquisite" wrote:
[color=magenta]Assalamu alaykum

i dont no why but when i was watching it i was quite upset by the death of saddam, dont get me wrong i totally hated whatever the man did but i dont know why im quite upset, at least now he will receive the ultimate ruling from Allah SWT so justice will most definitely be done[/color]

[color=indigo][b]
Ditto and esp on Eid day, couldn't they have atleast waited a couple of days after Eid? Anyhow, he did die in the blessed 10 days.

Inna lillahi wa inna ilayhi raji'oon.

Snoopz you can watch it on interactive.[/b][/color]

Inna lillaahi wa inna ilayhi rajiun.

It's not everyday that someone big pays for his crimes.

But it may be the day before eid here, in the Arab world it was Eid TODAY.

Now let's hope thing get better for the Iraqi's, but I doubt that will happen for a long long time.

[color=magenta]a question to ponder upon, if a leader such as Saddam was put on trial for crimes against humanity then dont you think there are plenty of other people who may fit under that category?
[/color]

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

"Exquisite" wrote:
a question to ponder upon, if a leader such as Saddam was put on trial for crimes against humanity then dont you think there are plenty of other people who may fit under that category?

Don't mean you should stop doing what you can.

That is like saying why be good when someone else can be evil?

False logic.

[color=magenta]No not like that, i mean shouldnt we apply these same rules to everyone?[/color]

Can people NOT create the same topic over and over again?

I have deleted two already, and will keep doing so.

I have also changes the title of this topic.

puttin it onthe telly was wrong. his last moments should not have been filmed. It was awful watching them people bring sadam to the gallows. :shock:

I DIDN'T LIKE THE GUY OR HIS WAYS..................but hanging him was wrong. coz it was HIS way.

A NEW IRAQ????????? They could have changed the law on the death penelty. That would have been a good turning point for THE NEW IRAQ!

live and let live!!!!!!!

Salam sisters and brothers in Islam i just wanted to share my side about Saddam Hussian i know the man was'nt a saint and he caused a great deal of genocide. But watching him get hanged like dat on the news was emotionaly disturbing i don't know why i felt sorry for him because i hated the guy for what he did to his people. When i saw him on da news, warning about the Amercian plotician's and that once a upon time he himself was amongest them, the message that moved me was when he said all muslims need to unite as one nation and Amercian Plotician's will not do any favours for the Iraq's but to destroy and take of over their country. I think personaly if anybody needs to be brought to justice is Bush and Blair because lets face it they are killing twice as much as Saddam Hussian was in Iraq,monthly around the world and why is it his death penlty could not have waited after Eid, if it was a non muslim and it was
christmas the following day of his death penlty it would have been rescheduled for another time, man they make my blood boil they think they can take us for mugs but then again whats the point when were not helping each other enough.

Inshallah i make dua for all my Muslim brothers and sisters around the world to make are Iman strong and be among those who are not led astray by Satan.

How comes some people are saying the execution was aired live on national television. According to what I have seen and read, the execution itself wasn't shown, just the moment before and after his execution.

[url]

There is a link in the above webpage where they show the moments before and after saddams death. I also didn't like saddam but feel sorry for him. The guys who executed him don't look legit, may be coz of the ski mask they were wearing. I didn't know until yesterday that he was abused as a child by his stepfather, must have left some psychological scars, might be a reason why he ruled Iraq with an iron fist.

u knw what....he ruled iraq just the way any leader rules his country today....he just doesnt hide and pretend he doesnt.

he did wrong, but probably less wrong than a lot of todays leaders

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

what a cheek of them to hang saddam on eid , they taking the mick or what :roll:

I agree Saddam was a evil man massurcured hundreds of kurds and shia's

HOWEEVER

all the crimes he stood trial agaisnt was before 1990 when he was an ally to america and europe , in actaul fact the weopens he used to kill thousand kurds and shia were supplied by america and europe , maybe they should be on trial too

If the world was eqaul and all corrupt leaders get killed for killing innocent civillians , then Aerial Sharon would get hung for killing innocent palestinians,indian leaders get hung for attrociteies in kashmir, bush and blair would get hung for killing tens of thousands of innocent iraqis and afghans and Putin should get hung for killing innocent chechyans

also how many leaders were hanged for the Bosnian genocide and ethnic cleansing of thousands of muslims?

what about africa were genocides in Rwanda , Darfur, Sudan , Zimbabwe ect

why doesnt america and europe invade them e.g. zimbabwe and stop the atrocites and make it democratic and hang Mugabe :?:

ohhh I forgot no oil over there :!: :roll:

[color=magenta]OMG thats exactly how my form tutor said it,people turned a blind eye to his crime, only when he wasnt playing the same game as them did human rights etc come to the surface

serious this thing is really disturbing i cant believe it saddam is dead, im still upset cant help it, just seeing someone so close to their death bed, i know the man was no angel[/color]

[b][color=indigo]Aljeezra were showing better footage, everyone was reciting durood as he was being hang and he shouted Allahu Akbar before he went.[/color][/b]

[color=magenta]dont tell me no more i find it so disturbing, apparently his executors were taunting him? [/color]

Pages