Women Only Jihad

55 posts / 0 new
Last post

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:
"MuslimSister" wrote:

I nearly always agree with MPAC’s, views, beliefs and the issues they raise…however, their approach is embarrassing.

MS you summed it up there in a nutshell...

i need to calm down, drink some water...

i need to ring asgar bukhari...now!!!

what u on Mr Ed

IMO ur just a slightly toned down version of Asghar-
and the MPAC lot are a joke-i rated them in the beg but this programme just showed gobby, mouthy women

which even embarrassed ME :shock:

TONED DOWN VERSION OF ASGAR!!!!
i am just as passionate as asgar, probably more hot headed... but when you're on mainstream media you cant be like that....
most of the time i fully support and back asgar, i think what he is doing is great, he is outspoken and is one of the best guys we have on the media...
this time it wasnt him that was at that much fault, but the sisters attitude, approach, lack of respect....
since asgar is the head of MPAC obviously it was his responsibility to manage, co-ordinate the whole thing better....

they just looked amateurish, desperate... just like the HT guys ranting and raving... and everyone says: 'whatever'!

THE REVIVAL is as passionate about women and mosques as MPAC are, our approach is different:

In Issue 4 of The Revival we wrote about WHAT EVERY MOSQUE SHOULD DO, an dregarding women we said:

[b]4. Women

1. More facilities for women need to be provided in the mosques and more women need to be encouraged to go to the mosques.

2. EVERY mosque should have a women's prayer hall.

3. Women must have equal decision-making roles and an equal platform to serve the mosque and the wider community.

4. Women in the mosque committee

5. Every facility in the mosque should be available for sisters as well.[/b]

and YES i got slated by alot of elders, comittee members and some youth guys for this.... it was expected
why?
because....ONE REALITY IS THAT THERE ARE MUSLIMS OUT THERE WHO WHOLE HEARTEDLY BELIEVE THAT THERE IS NO ROOM FOR WOMEN IS MOQUES WHAT SOEVER!
and it is these people who received more ammunition from the MPAC sisters behaviour, more than anyone else!

The positive thing out of the documentray was that women role in mosques is on top of teh agenda, everyone is talking about it.... so now is the time to make the most out of it... [i]but not the mpac sisters way...[/i].

"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:

this time it wasnt him that was at that much fault, but the sisters attitude, approach, lack of respect....
...[/i].

i think u missed the interview right at the end of the programme in the mosque where everyone was just yelling at each other-with asghar yelling the loudest

his brother Zulfi was shown trying to calm him down a few times

asghar is embarrassing-he should take a leaf out of his brothers book

i've met his brother Zulfi loads of times-and whilst he too is educated, well spoken and passionate-he knows when to shut up when he senses that his opponent is getting uptight

he was arguing with my cousin a few weeks ago-when he saw that she was getting uptight-he shut up

and ur point regarding "EVERY mosque" shud have a prayer hall for women

if mosque A doesnt have one-then why not just attend mosque B down the road?

whilst i agree that women SHOULD be allowed to pray in mosques-i just dont understand why women knock on the doors of mosques that they KNOW dont accomodate women esp when there are PLENTY of mosques in that area and surrounding areas that DO allow women in

they're asking for trouble

but then again-it does make good TV

I think the non-acceptance of women in some mosques is a minor symptom of much wider and more serious discrimination, subjugation and abuse. I have never been impressed with Asgar Bukhari, who I think is out of his depth in the public sphere and does not project much in the way of dialogue, manners and values (I have only seen him promoting the kind of angry misinformation TEX has been asking me about), but at least he does not subscribe to oppression of women. Everybody here is agreeing it was a rubbish programme, though, which it was.

[size=10]I feel I'm gonna move on back down south
you know where the water tastes like cherry wine[/size]

thanks for that. i totally agree with the guy who had his face hidden and i think he was speaking in arabic, someone was translating it. (he was going on about the second kalifate stopping women from praying in mosques)
the women were really stupid to start shouting and causing a scene, i think. they were just causing trouble. and there was a bit of swearing too.

Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

i'm pretty sure i saw this programme..i was on holiday switched on the tv in the apartment and well i saw some sisters behaving kinder immodestly. Their objective was fine but their method was despicable. Force and crazy emotions never get ppl anywhere. It's no wonder they were faced with aggression.

I think mpac as an organisation are aggressive that's all i associate with them a group of angry muslims who don't know how to channel their emotions effectively. I admire their efforts but i wouldn't want them to represent the larger muslim community. I think they do a disservice to the image of muslims in the UK.

I agree with much of what Noor, MS, and 100 have said.

Why were they so confrontational anyway? If they had approached my local mosque they would have received the same sort of treatment from the male worshippers (and me!) but not necessarily the mosque board. If they had really wanted a calm rational meeting they would have arranged one rather than approaching a congregation of men outside the mosque on friday of all days, then crying out for respect from their "brothers". Respect goes both ways where was their sense of respect in approaching an all male congregation on the streets with a camera crew, making "demands"

yes yes bigup east london mosque in whichapel, london lol mashallah a very active masjid and has very good facilities for sisters.. exquisite might know...

Gossip is the most destructive thing in the universe...

[color=magenta]As'salamu alaykum

yeah east london mosque is great for sisters, we even had air conditioning for taraweeh prayers and the toilets are really nice, not like those dingy looking dodgy ones[/color]

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

in our mosque the old ladies take control of everything, and won't let the younger ones put the air conditioning on because they can't hear, even though they have speakers right in front of them. they also pick on the girls who have short dresses! (by the way, i got told this by a friend since i'm not allowed in mosque, so it may not be entirly true)

Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

[color=indigo][b]Why arnt you allowed in the Mosque? Its not their Mosque! They cant kick you out![/b][/color]

lol it's not the mosque it's my dad! he won't let me!
the women [i]are[/i] allowed in the mosque, but the oldies take over :evil:

[color=indigo][b]Huh, why doesn't your dad let you go?[/b][/color]

he says a women should pray at home. i'm not that bothered to be honest, it's not my fault i can't go.

[color=indigo][b]Yes its more rewardble for a woman to pray at home but she isn't forbidden to go to a Mosque to pray.[/b][/color]

there's no point in pursuading my dad...oh well...i'd rather pray at home, much quicker!

zara good atitude mashallah lol

Gossip is the most destructive thing in the universe...

I dont just understand why they wanted to bend with the men.

"Omrow" wrote:
I dont just understand why they wanted to bend with the men.

cos too many men at home are mice and not real men like u

thats why women need to leave their homes and get some REAL men in mosques to teach them the do's and don'ts of islam

if the Prophet (pbuh) didnt have an issue with women praying in mosques

who the hell are u to voice ur criticisms

But they nag too much in the mosques.

They treat it like a kitchen.

They forget its a place of worship.

That why men boot them out.

[color=indigo][b]Excuse me..?! Who's "they"?

So what ya trying to say is that ALL muslim women nag all day long @ Mosques? righttt.... and have you met all the muslim women???

A Mosque is an open place where any1 can cum to worship including both men and Women.

As lilsis said, if the prophet PBUH didn't have a problem with women praying @ mosques, who the hell are you to say whether they can or cant?![/b][/color]

I think that’s I-m so happy the reason why women do kick up their “jihads”….if only men let them have what’s rightfully theirs…..then everyone would be at peace.

"Omrow" wrote:

the mosque is a house of GOD

not the house of a stupid man :roll:

so they have NO RIGHT to boot out Gods guests

the sooner they get that into their thick head the better

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Omrow" wrote:

the mosque is a house of GOD

not the house of a stupid man :roll:

so they have NO RIGHT to boot out Gods guests