WE ARE BACK (add any technical issues here)

Salaam

Well it seems our hosting company has gone bankrupt ***!!!*!??!**!

So we will be moving server again.

Inshallah everything will be available, and I have just backed up.

I am planning to move us to 1and1.co.uk hosting, as they have decent hosting packages.

So bear with any troubles.

(Is it a coincidence, that we also had to change servers just after issue 1 launched? or is it a conspiracy?)

conspiracy bro. sum yahoooodi's out there dnt want u on the internet, amid concerns in rise of ur popularity

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Admin" wrote:
Salaam

Well it seems our hosting company has gone bankrupt ***!!!*!??!**!

So we will be moving server again.

Inshallah everything will be available, and I have just backed up.

I am planning to move us to 1and1.co.uk hosting, as they have decent hosting packages.

So bear with any troubles.

(Is it a coincidence, that we also had to change servers just after issue 1 launched? or is it a conspiracy?)

ADMIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ARE JOKIN, PLZ SAY THIS IS ONE OF YOUR SAD SICK JOKES?????? MAN ITS NOT THE HOSTIN COMPANIES ITS YOU! IF FEEL SORRY FOR YOU BUT DONT EXPECT ME TO SYMPATHISE WITH YA

unfortunately its not me, or my jokes.

Inshallah it will all be done before anyone wakes up, minimising any hassle.

On the bright side, the new company is better known (and is not bankrupt!), should give better service, and we should not lose any data whatsoever.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
unfortunately its not me, or my jokes.

Inshallah it will all be done before anyone wakes up, minimising any hassle.

On the bright side, the new company is better known (and is not bankrupt!), should give better service, and we should not lose any data whatsoever.

so does that mean all the layout of the forum ie colour will also be changed? its a wonder admin how u find time 2 do all this changin forums etc, glad i aint in your place (in case u didnt notice thats me appreciatin all that u have done for this forum)

Heh, thanks for the appreciation.

This time I made notes on exactly how I customised the forums, so it should take all of 5 minutes to get these colours back.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
Heh, thanks for the appreciation.

Your welcome, so when we movin?

WE ARE BACK!!!!!

HURRAHHH!!!!!

I ran into a few problems (old forums were using an old db, which was corrupting the db file!), but all data should be ok. Just forum search is down, along with some php scripts I had written to get to the correct page if it was not found.

I have deleted most of the search stuff, so search will probably be slow.

I backed up at 2am lats night (most recently), so all posts made after 2am on 4 august will be lost. (I think the old forums worked until about 5pm, so its about 15 hours of stuff).

Anyone who joined after 2am on 4 august will also have to rejoin.

"Admin" wrote:

I backed up at 2am lats night (most recently), so all posts made after 2am on 4 august will be lost. (I think the old forums worked until about 5pm, so its about 15 hours of stuff).

Anyone who joined after 2am on 4 august will also have to rejoin.

Mr Admin LOTS of posts are lost

why

there were posts discussing the new issues, in fact I think at least five posts from every thread and some new threads have gone missing

stuff made BEFORE 2am last night

The last post taken across is from 12:43am from what I can see.

Are you sure there are some missing? Or were they posts made during yesterday? (the old forums were taken offline while was at work, so i could not make a newer backup).

We still seem to have the same number of members and posts.

PS where is everyone? only you have posted so far.

Mr Admin-no one has posted this morning

in the new issue thread we were discussing the new mag-mine, Mr Ed's, angel and my sisters posts are all gone

in the Aslamaalykum thread-me, Mr Ed and angel were discussing the comic

there was some new books thread thats gone

Mr Ed, angel and me were dicussing lazy bums in the lazy bum thread-thats all gone too

and most of all these posts were discussed yesteraday morning

so ALL of yesterdays posts are gone

btw my PM's are missing too-the ones that I received and sent yesterday

yes i mentioned that all of yesterdays posts made after 2.00AM were lost.

where'd every1 go? im bored at work! seriously dont want to be here....need something to discuss! Blum 3

anyone at the Unity Convention this sunday?

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Admin" wrote:

We still seem to have the same number of members and posts.

PS where is everyone? only you have posted so far.

eh were we meant to post in the new forums?

cuz i needed to rant cuz this stupid woman over the fone at wrk was callin me camilla when that is no where near what my name is!!

i dont understand are we movin or are we not?

nope admin scrap that pm i sent you..its still slow i deleted the cookies but it hasnt realy made much difference!

and its been like that since yesterday?

"Admin" wrote:
and its been like that since yesterday?

well on my side yeh but if its only me then it must be my comp...

Anyone else?

My connection is fine... have yo got a spyware sweeper (such as spybot) installed?

"Admin" wrote:
Anyone else?

My connection is fine... have yo got a spyware sweeper (such as spybot) installed?

nope

So that means I will have to look into it then.

I have a couple of quick tricks. If they don't work I will have to take a few drastic measures.

Does anyone use the search function? I know its drastic, but removing it should give us a decent speed boost. I may remove it if noone uses it. But not yet.

"Admin" wrote:
So that means I will have to look into it then.

how much ever you hate to work, yes you have to, plus it has only been me and irfan and hayder that were on y'day so u can take that to be as everyone havin a problem with the forums being slow.

One trick down. You may soon start to see a difference. It may not be immediate.

"Admin" wrote:
One trick down. You may soon start to see a difference. It may not be immediate.

good luck, the forum 2 slow for my likin so i am headin...enjoy fixin the problem ws

Looks like we went down for a few seconds.

Can anyone (who found it slow before) see any speed difference?

slow slow slow :x

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

At last, the forum has sped up!

p.s. the search icon is useful when you cnt be bothered searchin for somethin but its not sumthin i personally use much.

lol, what search feature are you on about??

its back to normal, but i have to scroll < and > way to read a post, whereas b4 i didnt. it makes it harder to read especially when on my phone

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Hayder Hussain" wrote:
lol, what search feature are you on about??

its back to normal, but i have to scroll < and > way to read a post, whereas b4 i didnt. it makes it harder to read especially when on my phone

That only happens to some threads wich admin sorts out..

The search icon is below the "revival" logo, between FAQ and memberlist, you cnt miss it!

Pages