MP Hazel Blears

My current thoughts on Democracy is that as soon as any individual is given any electoral power, s/he will lose his common sense relative to how many votes s/he gets.

It was Hazel Blears I think who brought iup a couple of months ago the subject of targetted stop/search. She suggested muslims should be searched more, and there was a political outcry. Now her views are 'mainstream'.

Just as the hawks legitimised their views in America, they do so here.

I listened to her on Newsnight yesterday, and apart from her plastic smile (you know... the really fake one... to match her sincerity...) all I noticed was how when it ws mentioned people disagreed with her, she always mentioned she has a few upcoming meetings with muslim women... using it as her excuse to keep her ears firmly shut.

[b]EDIT[/b]

I have separated the above post from the stop/search powers topic, as I believe a discussion on Hazel is long overdue.

how the hell are they supposed to know whose a muslim and whose not.

Its not like we're all easily identifiable?

I know im not, people to this day think im french or something....

like i said b4 it a [b]lame idea[/b]

[b]LAME LAME LAME![/b]

Back in BLACK

"Seraph" wrote:
how the hell are they supposed to know whose a muslim and whose not.

Its not like we're all easily identifiable?

I know im not, people to this day think im french or something....

lol french, what whys that?

"Admin" wrote:
all I noticed was how when it ws mentioned people disagreed with her, she always mentioned she has a few upcoming meetings with muslim women... using it as her excuse to keep her ears firmly shut.

Yeah thats one of their favourite excuses.

The muslim women want to be "saved by the government" from their backward communities.

Its been used so many times now its almost become a cliche.