Dubai's ruler accused of slavery

Quote:
[size=18]Dubai's ruler accused of slavery[/size]

Dubai's ruler has been accused of enslaving thousands of young children for camel races in a class-action lawsuit filed in the US.

The action claims Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid al-Maktoum, his brother Hamdam and 500 others are responsible for abducting and trafficking the children.

It was filed on behalf of six unidentified parents and thousands of unnamed children.

There has been no comment on the action from the accused.

The children were said to be from Bangladesh, Sudan and southern Asia.

Once in Dubai, it is claimed that the children - some of them as young as two - were kept in poor conditions, starved (so as to keep their weight down), abused and forced to take part in a dangerous sport.

The case was filed in Miami where Sheikh Mohammed and his brother, Sheikh Hamdam bin Rashid al-Maktoum, have property.

The two, along with the other 500 defendants who the suit says are as yet unknown, face nine counts.

They include engaging in slavery, conspiring to engage in slavery, engaging in or facilitating child labour, battery, assault, infliction of emotional distress and wrongful death.

The use of child camel jockeys was banned in Dubai 13 years ago.

[url= News[/url]

We always accuse 'The West' of double standards. Maybe we actually get the treatment we deserve?

Afterall decency and governments in muslim lands seem to be mutually exclusive. All the way through. From Turkey to Pakistan, from Indonesia to Sudan. They all seem to have dodgy reputations.

Maybe we reap what we sow.

They mentioned slavery, while forgetting adultery, robbery, and all sorts of debauchery.

Although pre-maritial sex is strictly forbidden in Dubia it still has the one of the hightest rates of STD's in the world!!

Mashallah :mrgreen:

[color=red]"The best of people are those who live longest and excel in their deeds, whereas the worst of people are those who live longest and corrupt their deeds." [Tirmidhî, Sahîh] [/color]

Well thats a bad PR day...

"Odysseus" wrote:
Well thats a bad PR day...

u being sarcy?

[color=red]"The best of people are those who live longest and excel in their deeds, whereas the worst of people are those who live longest and corrupt their deeds." [Tirmidhî, Sahîh] [/color]

i'm not surprised by this news, was it really any big secret? In Arab countries they treat ppl from the indopak regions and African countries like dirt. They're second class citizens and they're only ever given menial jobs even though they may be highly qualified. Getting a well paid job for these ppl is a rarity.

As for STD's that's no biggy alcohol is available so are bars and clubs it doesn't shock me at all, and nothing funny about it either it's sickening.

"yashmaki" wrote:
i'm not surprised by this news, was it really any big secret? In Arab countries they treat ppl from the indopak regions and African countries like dirt. They're second class citizens and they're only ever given menial jobs even though they may be highly qualified. Getting a well paid job for these ppl is a rarity.

yash they treat thier [i]own[/i] ppl like dirt

expecting them to treat foreigners with respect is simply asking 4 2 much girl

Quote:
As for STD's that's no biggy alcohol is available so are bars and clubs it doesn't shock me at all, and nothing funny about it either it's sickening.

i find it hilarious!

u wud think it would b safe to have fun in those places but its quite clearly not the case!

Quote:
We always accuse 'The West' of double standards. Maybe we actually get the treatment we deserve?

Afterall decency and governments in muslim lands seem to be mutually exclusive. All the way through. From Turkey to Pakistan, from Indonesia to Sudan. They all seem to have dodgy reputations.

Admin, can you please explain by the term 'we' in your initial post? Just a quick note that Arab does not equal to Muslim, there are more coptic Arab Christians in the Arab World than muslims.

The best preacher is the conscience, the best teachers are time and experience, the best book is the world, the best friend is God

"Umar" wrote:
Quote:

Admin, can you please explain by the term 'we' in your initial post? Just a quick note that Arab does not equal to Muslim, there are more coptic Arab Christians in the Arab World than muslims.

he was genralising

we all genralise maaaan

salvery!?

we banned it aged ago!

at least 180 yrs ago....

wot on earth r arabs playin at if they still doing that lot...

did malcolm x know about dat?

he might have made a different decision.......

They Vote To Send Us To War Instantly.....But None Of Their Kids Serve In The Infantry...

POWER TO THE PEOPLE....

"Umar" wrote:
there are more coptic Arab Christians in the Arab World than muslims.

impossible

"Odysseus" wrote:
"Umar" wrote:
there are more coptic Arab Christians in the Arab World than muslims.

impossible

he is actully right dave

There can't be more Coptic christians that Arab Musilms.

I'm sure coptic Christians are only in Egypt.