'Young People Now' Magazine wants opinions. **Urgent**

Quote:
We are looking for young people (aged 11-19) to give their opinions on current issues for a short section in the magazine. Might you be able to put us in touch with a young person who would like their comments to be published?

I asked for more details, then I got this reply:

Quote:
The magazine is 'Young People Now'; it's read by people who work with young people - youth workers, for example. There's a brief section each week which has 3 short comments from young people on a certain topic each week. It's basically to get people thinking how young people perceive things, and could be used by a youth worker as something to inspire a discussion with a group. You can find details about the magazine at

I don't mind how we arrange to get a comment. Perhaps it would be easiest, once you have found a young person who would like to give their opinion, for me to get in touch with them directly. As I said, they could either email me a few sentences, their details (name, age, location) and a high-resoltion mugshot, or I could call to speak to them directly and note down their comments.

The topic that we want to get comments on for next week's edition is 9/11. Something along the lines of why they think it happened, how they think it has had an impact on the world and on young people; their concerns, fears...

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

If anyone wants to take part, PM me with the relevant details. (Name Age location), and also be aware that the magazine will need a mugshot. (A high quality picture of the face). ALso let me know wether you want to liaise through me, or have direct contact. (direct contact is easier, but it also means more possible complications for you.)

And note the topic aswell.

Any other comments, please put them below.

Anyone in the right age group wanna take part?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

I wanna take part....but don't want my picture taken :oops:

Well you can discuss that with that mag. Just tell them you are shy or something. :twisted:

(send me a PM with Age, Location, Name and the email address that you want to use.)

Anyone else?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Yeah me2, but i 2 dont want my pic taken.

"*_Noor_*" wrote:
Yeah me2, but i 2 dont want my pic taken.

Same goes for you. Thanks.

I'm not part of that age group Cray 2 (i suddenly feel old :evil: )

"Angel" wrote:

haha!

Granny..!

:twisted:

Anyone else?

On second thoughts, I don't wanna take part. I may say something stupid.

Noor you still up for it?

"Angel" wrote:

Don't worry, better luck next time....I'm sorry, there won't be a next time :twisted:

"Muslim Bro" wrote:

If you are interested, you could always ask for advice before replying to the questions.

They would be on 9/11, so do not go into conspiracy theories, and just mention what you think. Say it has been a disaster for muslims the world over, a disaster for everyone. It has resulted in wars that have cost many lives...

but it's your choice.

Anyon else interested let me know. I will reply to them tomorrow some time. probably noon ish.

"Muslim Bro" wrote:

Noor you still up for it?

Yeah i dont mind, but if i dont like the questions and if i think im going to say something stupid or wrong, i wont simply reply!

"Muslim Bro" wrote:

"Angel" wrote:

Don't worry, better luck next time....I'm sorry, there won't be a next time :twisted:

haha! :twisted:

Be quite kiddies also rember to do your homework, you woudn't wana get into trouble from miss/sir :twisted:

"Angel" wrote:
Be quite kiddies also rember to do your homework, you woudn't wana get into trouble from miss/sir :twisted:

O sorry Granny, did we offend you in anyway?

ok, sent the details.

If anyone else wants to be added, you need to respond with enough time so that you can givwe your comments to them by the end of Monday.

Their issue for the week after is teenage pregnancy. So if anyone wants to answer some questions on this issue, let me know. Latest response time for thsi topic would be a week on monday.

They want to keep in contact with us so I may be posting every week or so letting you know what they want comments on.

The've already sent me an email but i dont think im going to write back.
So know comments from me!

Nowadays people often give this kind of opinion:

" I do agree with most of what is going on but if it were up to me I would not do what is being proposed because I dont see the point of few people not going along with the rest who dont want this do be done after many of us see it as useless point of view. You know? "

Too much LDS.

ok, got another email.

The relevant bit:

Quote:
...I was wondering whether you might know of anyone who would be interested in making a comment for another feature article. In a follow-up to a report that was recently made about women from ethnic minorities and work, we are interested in hearing from a couple of young women, aged 15-19, who could tell us about their career aspirations. We are looking into whether there is adequate careers advice and support in schools, what kind of factors affect their decisions, whether they see their ethnic background as a potential barrier or not. We would need to publish their name, age, location and a mug-shot photo along with their comments.

So any girls 15-19 who want to talk about their career aspirations let me know.

They're raising from intresting issue, however most of us here are slightly older then their "young people" category.

Well i would.. but i dont know what my career aspirations are @ da mo..

"Admin" wrote:
ok, got another email.

The relevant bit:

Quote:
...I was wondering whether you might know of anyone who would be interested in making a comment for another feature article. In a follow-up to a report that was recently made about women from ethnic minorities and work, we are interested in hearing from a couple of young women, aged 15-19, who could tell us about their career aspirations. We are looking into whether there is adequate careers advice and support in schools, what kind of factors affect their decisions, whether they see their ethnic background as a potential barrier or not. We would need to publish their name, age, location and a mug-shot photo along with their comments.

So any girls 15-19 who want to talk about their career aspirations let me know.

[color=magenta]
i dont mind doing it but im abit busy right now so il need rougly a week to get it done but other than the time im all good for it[/color]

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

you will ahve a week to do it.

Send me a PM with name, age, and town and I will pass it on.

[color=magenta]the lady contacted me today i thnk a picture is essential she is gna get back to me tommorow after she hs spoken to her editor but if they want my picture i aint doin it such a shame[/color] Cray 2

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]