What Did You learn Today?

1053 posts / 0 new
Last post

I learnt that not all Chinese students at uni are Chinese.

Some of them are Vietnamese.

Today I learned that every gym in my locality charges extortionate prices for the girl’s only fitness classes they run.

Con artists the lot of them. :x

"latifah" wrote:
Today I learned that every gym in my locality charges extortionate prices for the girl’s only fitness classes they run.

Con artists the lot of them. :x

Lol. I learnt that over a year ago, I went everywhere...thats one of the downers about living in London....I'am so unfit as a result of London's overpriced gyms.

Gyms in B'ham only charge a couple of quid for unlimited access...and here, I have yet to come across a decent gym that even offers the pay-as-you-go facility at a reasonable price.

My old uni used to be really cheap but now that i'm not a student they want to charge me silly rates.

So now I'm out of breath running for the bus!

Today I learned I hate liberals much much more than I initially thought.

I also learned that unattended children will box knot your shoelaces.

happy days!

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

[color=magenta]today i learnt that loads of ppl live sheltered lives n also if a person is really academically clever it doesnt necessarily mean they knw much abt other thngs like life skills if you put them on a train on the london underground they would be useless[/color]

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

Today i learnt how boring health and social care can be and that i hate education more than i initially thought.

Whats the root cause and cure for that throbbing you get on one side of your head...

Is it the same as a headache?

-i learnt the diff btw need and want
-i learnt that it costs £42 just to get ONE filling :evil:
-i learnt that sitting at home doing jack makes u put on weight :?
-i learnt that not driving reg makes u a crap driver Cray 2

1- o2 has 6.8 million customers and is the leading mobile company in uk (I found it shocking since their reception is rubbish in my area)

2- When you're realy tired and u go sleep early, you wake up in the morning even tired.

3- Learning visually is more effective.

4- Never wear a loose skirt in rainy weather :evil:

"Angel" wrote:

2- When you're realy tired and u go sleep early, you wake up in the morning even tired.
:

u sure? :?:

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Angel" wrote:

:

u sure? :?:

That happens to me.

The more i sleep the more tired i get and vice versa.

"Angel" wrote:
1- o2 has 6.8 million customers and is the leading mobile company in uk (I found it shocking since their reception is rubbish in my area)

You start working for O2?

'Leading brand' is always sales speak. Go to any mobile phone company, and they will say exactly the same thing.

Next is reception. All networks say theirs is the best. All base it on 'population coverage' and not location coverage. Since the population of Scotland is about 5 million, you can have no masts in scotland at all and still claim a coverage of around 92%.

Orange and Voda have more customers I think. (and are you sure it is 6.8 and not 16.8? I would have thought it closer to 16.8million...)

O2 also has some dodgy practices to make people overspend. They call them 'errors'. The favourite being they do not charge you for something one month, but the next pushing you over your limit. As an example if you have an allowance of 500 minutes, but you use 400 minutes each month for two months, there is a chance your first bill will show 200 minutes, and the second 600. Since the last 100 are over your allowance, you pay for them. If you spot it, you will get an apology, and the amount removed.

I am not sure if that is standard practice, or a real error, but all companies I have worked for have some dodgy practices.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Yup i did just start, don't tel me all that pretend they good company to work for lol.

Did u do cust. serv for o2 if so how was it?

Yup i made mistake its 16.8 million.

Lilsis that happens to me duno why

"*_Noor_*" wrote:
O2s reception is rubbish.

Depends on where you are.

It has 99.2% population coverage. (look at above post to see what that is.)

The 4 major networks have over 98%. Three has over 85%. (it took Orange over 10 years to get that far! Three managed it in three years.)

one2one/T-mobile is the best

Dirol

angel-i'm veyr lazy-the more i sleep the more refreshed i feel

i cant miss my sleep

I was just cheking the coverage, in glasgow generaly it is ok but in my area it's rubbish, so much for getin 50% off once i became permanent! Also family/friends get 30% off so be nice to me people :twisted:

"Admin" wrote:
"*_Noor_*" wrote:

Depends on where you are.

It has 99.2% population coverage. (look at above post to see what that is.)

The 4 major networks have over 98%. Three has over 85%. (it took Orange over 10 years to get that far! Three managed it in three years.)

Suppose, well it was working fine before but just recently. Prbz due to my new phone.

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

angel-i'm veyr lazy-the more i sleep the more refreshed i feel

i cant miss my sleep

I'm the opposite, too much sleep makes me lazy/clumsy/ending up with sorehead.

Lately I have been getin up at 6am for work, so I get 6.5/7hours sleep which still aint enough because I get up really early and my body aint used to being up and about at that time.

Also I have been having a nap at 2pm for 30mins after I get back from work, that helps a lot.

When i have less sleep i tend to feel more awake and refreshed.

"Angel" wrote:

Did u do cust. serv for o2, if so how was it?

Admin you're such a dingy! :evil: (that's twice now!)

"MuslimSister" wrote:

[b]Fish's[/b] can surive upto 5 days without any food.

I have learnt I'm still conditioned to the social humour of sixth form/high school even though I've been going uni for a year. Pluralising fish to 'fishes' or even 'fish's' is still hysterical. No offense.

I also suspect that the if you draw a floor with square tiles on it in perspective, the horizontal lines space out logrithmically. I've yet to investigate; should be interesting.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

"Odysseus" wrote:
Today I learned I hate liberals much much more than I initially thought.

I also learned that unattended children will box knot your shoelaces.

The first sentance: I'm not sure if I'm offended.

The second sentance: I thought they box-knot their own shoelaces.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

"Angel" wrote:
"Angel" wrote:

Did u do cust. serv for o2, if so how was it?

Admin you're such a dingy! :evil: (that's twice now!)

I did sales. Just heard about the customer service while talking to the retentions staff.

Their job description was to give the person ringing up the lousiest phone they could get away with.

Customer service is a diferent thing. I would assume if they have good structures it will be ok. pass the buck along. All you have to remember is to stand firm when needed and not show any weakness. (I remember in a previous job if someone was trying to push me I used to say 'It's not that I can;t help you, but that I am no longer willing to help you.' I doubt you can say that though.)

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
-i learnt that sitting at home doing jack makes u put on weight :?

I wish that was the case with me.

"Angel" wrote:
3- Learning visually is more effective.

For some people.

And I thought vodafone had more customers.

"*_Noor_*" wrote:

I disagree, I've nearly always had full (reception) bars.....by the way, I got a new phone today Dirol

And talking about sleeping, I've been sleeping for about 5/6 hours a day (in the past few days) and I don't feel any difference.

[color=magenta]today i learnt that if you dont set up a refluxing experiment for chemistry three hours prior to the actual experiment it doesnt work as well as u expect as i found out the hard way [/color]

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

"Dawud" wrote:
"MuslimSister" wrote:

[b]Fish's[/b] can surive upto 5 days without any food.

I have learnt I'm still conditioned to the social humour of sixth form/high school even though I've been going uni for a year. Pluralising fish to 'fishes' or even 'fish's' is still hysterical. No offense.

None taken.

I got an essay back recently which said "You're a good writer and your work flows well, however you will NOT pass English and get through the PGCE unless you revise apostrophes"

today i learnt about teh famous karl marx theory,
and i also learnt that i will be carrying on studying his theory for another whole month Cray 2

A rose protects its beauty with thorns..a woman protects hers with a veil

Pages