Our Scholars - The Defenders of the Faith

Bismillaahir Rahmaanir Raheem

Our Scholars - The Defenders Of Faith
Ibraaheem Abu Khaaled

All praise is due to Allah, and peace and blessings upon our humble and beloved Prophet, and upon his family and companions.

A companion by the name of Sa'd bin 'Ubada once proclaimed: "If I saw a man with my wife, I would strike him with the sharp edge of the sword." The Prophet (s.a.w), in reply, said to his companions: "Are you astonished by Sa'd's sense of honour? (By Allah) I have a greater sense of honour than he has, and Allah has still more greater sense of honour than I have" [Sahih al-Bukhari].

Only a true believer would feel such a deep sense of protection over his religion. This honour was reflected in the sacrifices they bore whenever they sensed that Islam was threatened, no matter the personal consequences.

Many of today's so-called 'Modern Muslims' bear the stench of being grossly apologetic. They portray polygamy as being nearly a grave sin in Islam, modesty as a cultural habit of the first generation of Muslims, and Jihad as a fight not against the enemies of Allah, but our own desires. It reaches a stage whereby we fear revealing our Islamic identity, and watch our religion and its followers disgraced without even raising a squeak.

Yet history is rich in the example set by those who defended Islam with their words, their wealth, and their persons. The believers in Tawheed had a common trait: the fear of Allah, not of men, nor hunger, nor poverty, nor death.

Cowardice is a disease which even the Prophet (s.a.w) himself sought refuge from. 'Aishah (r.a.a) said: "The Prophet of Allah (s.a.w), for as long as I knew him, never slept without first seeking refuge from cowardice and indolence..."

The torch-bearers of faith can never waiver in the sight of opposition; this is as command from Allah: "It is only Satan that suggests to you the fear of his 'Awlia' (supporters), so fear them not, but fear Me, if you are true believers".

The Examples They Have Set

Our enemies and our own people are always monitoring our actions and words. With Muslims, if they note us faltering, then they will also become weak in their practice. As for our enemies, any sign of weakness and they will exploit that opportunity to degrade our religion, and harm us in any way perceivable. This is why we find that our pious predecessors stood firm in their belief, and in defending Islam from any attack.

After the time of the Righteous Caliphs, the laws governing Islamic principles became lax. It became the practice of some future kings to introduce magicians into their royal courts. Since the State stopped applying the law, some of the companions took it upon themselves to enforce it. Caliph al-Waleed ibn 'Abdul-Malik had a man in his court who used to perform feats of magic. Once he severed a man's head and separated it completely from his body. When the shock of his deed electrified the audience, he proceeded to further amaze them by rejoining the head. The man then appeared as if though his head had never been cut off. The people in the audience gasped, "SubhanAllah! He is able to give life to the dead!" A companion by the name of Jundub al- Azdee noticed the commotion in the court and so he came and watched the magician's performance. On the following day, he returned with his sword strapped across his back. When the magician stepped up to begin his show, Jundub burst through the crowd with his sword drawn and chopped off the head of the magician. He then turned to the startled audience and said, "If he is really able to bring life back to the dead, let him bring himself back to life. As a result, he was arrested and thrown in jail.

When Ibn Abbas (r.a.a) heard about the people who were doubting Fate, he remarked: "This verse has been revealed about similar people: "Feel the touch of Hell. Lo! We have created every thing by measure" [S. 54;V 48-49]. These people are the worst individuals of this Ummah. Don't enquire after the health of their sick ones nor say the funeral prayer for them. Should I see any one of them , I would blind both his eyes with these two fingers."

Imam Abu Haneefah was much sought-after by the calipha of the day for his outstanding qualifications. Although he was offered the high position of Judge of Kufah, he refused, and was consequently physically beaten. He was also imprisoned by the calipha Aby Ja'far al-Mansoor, and remained so until his death, and refused to give in to their demands, because of the many compromises the position demanded.

Imam Malik was another of those who favoured his religion over his ownself, and stood as an example for many generations to follow. He once issued a fatwa that the caliphate belonged rightfully to a man other than the current ruler. The people objected saying that they had sworn fealty to Mansur, the then calipha. Imam Malik said: "Mansur has coerced you into doing this and the Shari'ah does not regard as valid any act done under coercion. There is a hadith that if a man is forced to divorce his wife, the divorce would be invalid". On hearing this, the Governor of Median, Ja'far, ordered Imam Malik not to issue any fatwa declaring that a divorce obtained by force or under coercion is invalid as this would strengthen the case of those who regarded as invalid the oath of fealty obtained by Mansur under coercion. But Imam Malik refused to succumb to the whims of anyone, and continued to give his verdict against divorce under coercion. As a result of his stance, Imam Malik was flogged in public until he bled white, but still he refused to bow to the wishes of the rulers. His arms became severely damaged to such a degree that he became unable to clasp them on his chest in Salat, and so would pray with his hands on his sides.

Imam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal also went through a series of persecutions. He was jailed and beaten for two years for rejecting the philosophical concept that the Qur'an was created.

As a result of his fight against the heretical beliefs of the people of his time, Ibn Taymiyyah was continually challenged for his beliefs. In 1309 AC, Ibn Taymiyyah was exiled to Alexandria after being sentenced for deviating from the 'norm' of what was then being taught.

Ibn Taymiyyah firmly held the opinion that the three sentences of divorce spoken at the same time should be regarded as one revocable divorce. The view of Ibn Taymiyyah happened to be against the official view which naturally brought him in conflict with some of the scholars on one hand and with the government on the other.

Consequently, the theologians tried to prevent him from expressing further legal opinion on such matters. In fact a royal edict was issued from Cairo in 718AH /1318AC forbidding him from giving legal opinions in such cases. Initially Ibn Taymiyyah abided by the edict but later again began giving legal judgements on this issue as he decided that it was improper for him to desist simply for fear of the government. As a result in 720AH /1320AC he was detained in a citadel for just over five months.

This persecution continued until Ibn Taymiyyah finally died in prison in 728 ah/1328 ac at the age of 67.

Our Models

Imagine if companions like Jundub and Ibn 'Abbas remained quiet when they saw obvious corruption occurring. Or if scholars such as Imam Malik, Imam Abu Hanifah, Imam Ibn Hanbal and Ibn Taymiyyah bowed to the wills of those in power. The knowledge and understanding we have today of Islam would never have reached such heights.

When a Jew once revealed the private parts of a Muslim woman, a companion stood up and immediately killed him. He knew that next time it would lead to rape.

How disgraceful it is that today's Muslims hide behind a screen when Islam is attacked. We fear to portray our religion in its true glory, we become silent if we think raising a topic might invoke the wrath of people, yet the Messenger of Allah (s.a.w) said: "Let not any one of you belittle himself". When the companions replied as to how one can belittle himself, he said: "He finds a matter concerning Allah about which he should say something, and he does not say [it], so Allah (Mighty and Sublime be He) says to him on the Day of Resurrection: 'What prevented you from saying something about such-and-such and such-and-such?' He will say: '[It was] out of fear of people'. Then He says: 'Rather it is I whom you should have more properly feared' [related by Ibn Majah with a sound chain of authorities.]

by Ibraheem Abu Khalid

Silvestre is a defender for Man Utd.

He should be shot.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Salam

"Med" wrote:

Our Scholars - The Defenders of the Faith

Paid by Washington.

Omrow

"Med" wrote:

Our Scholars - The Defenders Of Faith
Ibraaheem Abu Khaaled

Ibn Taymiyyah

its a joke right the above is not and has never been considered ahle as sunna so is [b]not[/b] the defender of the majority of muslims who are indeed from ahle as sunna - 4 madhabs

i wont say any more not becuase i fear any wrath but because i just cant be bothered

interesting read. thanks Med.

we need some new mods on here.. too many trolls and off topic-ers

[b][i]Round and round the Ka'bah,
Like a good Sahabah,
One step, Two step,
All the way to jannah[/i][/b]

"khan" wrote:
we need some new mods on here..

I was thinking the opposite. Remove some mods. Too heavily moderated for my liking at the moment.

Quote:
too many trolls
True. but I did carry out a criusade against trolling before. I failed miserably

Quote:
and off topic-ers

Now that is us. Not likely to change unfortunately apart from asking people to stay on topic.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Imam Ibn Taymiyyah rahimahullah is not Ahlus Sunnah wal Jama'ah?

ok.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

As far as I know he WAS of the Ahlus Sunnah.

Some disagree with some of his views, but that is an entirely diferent thing.

no i'm sorry i believe one who goes clearly against the ahle sunna and is vilified for his actions by the scholars of ahle as sunna and does not recant cannot be said to belong to that group

that is why it is encumbant upon us to gain as much knowledge as we can so that our akeeda does not become contaminated at least mine with views of such men

views of men like taamiyya;abdul wahaab; Thanvi are not of ahle sunnat - if u ask any ahle sunna scholar they will say so and if u do your own research it will become apparent to u

however they are entitled to their views as we all are but one must not trick others into believing that which is not true

EDIT

Post edited to cut down on sectarian stuff. Laila, please do not make such inflammatory (and on this occasion incorrect) statemants.

ohhh yes he is.. ohhh no he isn't.

u lot make me laugh. u make a statement.. and then u say do ur own research.

this group is this, this sect is that, this person belongs in hell..

but im not gna tell u why. do the research urself.

Lol grow up people

[b][i]Round and round the Ka'bah,
Like a good Sahabah,
One step, Two step,
All the way to jannah[/i][/b]

Lol - so the sunnis are the ones who dance at graves etc?

lol.

Why am I not surprised that at this non-sectarian forum the Mujaddid of the last century is vilified, the Shaykh ul Islam of his era is vilified and the Muwahhid of Al-Jazeerah is also vilified yet everyone sits on their hands?

But if any1 dares utter anything about the clowns running certain sects then all hell breaks loose.

Layla you make me laff - honestly.

The ones you call sunni - ALLAH alone knows if they are even muslim!!

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"laila" wrote:

views of men like [b]taamiyya;abdul wahaab[/b]; Thanvi are not of ahle sunnat - if u ask any ahle sunna scholar they will say so and if u do your own research it will become apparent to u

[b] research will easily prove [/b]this to any one who is concerned about their own peace of mind and wishes their faith to be undiluted

lady I'd advise you to do your own research before advising anyone else.

1. Taamiyyah? Who is he?

I know of [b]IBN Taymiyyah [/b]rahimahullah but who is this Taamiyyah?

2. Abdul Wahhab? Which one?

I think you meant[b] IBN AbdulWahhab [/b]rahimahullah but who is AbdulWahhab?

3. Thanvi - lol you got that name right mashaALLAH - well done!

Point being - [b]silly monkey doesnt even know the names of people she is kicking out of AhlusSunnahwalJama'ah and she sits and advises others to do research!?!? [/b]looooooooool

Its sad that people who dont even know the names of other Ulama of Islaam sit and chat satanic words about them..

Atleast with me if anyone wanted a debate every single person who I have specifically and personally spoken about as being deviant I have heard him speak, read his books and know exactly what he's on about. Pity others are too far up their mystic guides delusions that they talk without even realising that they uncover their own ignorance.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Medarris" wrote:

I know of [b]IBN Taymiyyah [/b]rahimahullah but who is this Taamiyyah?

"Medarris" wrote:

Atleast with me if anyone wanted a debate every single person who I have specifically and personally spoken about as being deviant I have heard him speak, read his books and know exactly what he's on about. Pity others are too far up their mystic guides delusions that they talk without even realising that they uncover their own ignorance.

For this reaon I think if you wish to discuss the pseudo-salafiyya you'd better placing yourposts on some of the Arab Sufi sites as they would be in a better position to respond regarding Ibn 'Ad al-Wahab et al.

Jazakalla

"Tushu" wrote:

For this reaon I think if you wish to discuss the pseudo-salafiyya you'd better placing yourposts on some of the Arab Sufi sites as they would be in a better position to respond regarding Ibn 'Ad al-Wahab et al.

Jazakalla

JazakALLAH.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

All I can see in this topic is hypocrisy and a semi-veiled war of words.

and Med, I did warn you before it all started about what was gonna happen (In my Own way. not that you needed to be. You knew.), so get off your high horse.

topic locked. thank med the fitna

Topic locked