Women face curbs in Makka mosque

45 posts / 0 new
Last post

"Med" wrote:
"Admin" wrote:

and what 'ALL proofs of shariah' are you talking about? It's another assumption.

In answer to why they consider you mushrik, it's the issue of taqleed. They consider it shirk. 'You only follow Allah (swt)'. They may not act against it, but then they do not against others either.

All proofs of shari'ah refers to:

wahy
Aathar e Sahaabah.
Aqwaal e Mujtahideen A'immah

I know that you plonker! Next step is to give the proofs. And the proofs you did provide was a hadith saying that women should pray in Hateem. Now under the new 'reccomendations' that will not be allowed.

I will refer to the rest of your post some other time. I got points there, but thsi is not the place.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Salaam

I don’t see this proposed implementation as being feasible anyway.

Millions of people go to Hajj from all over the year to a country which they are not familiar with.....most women know that they should stick with their Mahram…..even as a young, healthy girl I know that if it wasn’t for dad I would have got trampled in a stampede, as I was in such situations many times.

God knows how they expect to tell a husband/wife, brother/sister and father/daughter etc to separate from each other into a mass of humanity and expect them to follow that rule.

Men come to Umrah/Hajj with their disabled/sick women in their family…many men bring their elderly mother, I seriously doubt any man who takes his role of being the protector seriously would leave them to fend for themselves in the chaotic scene that nearly always takes place near the Kab’ah during Hajj time.

I’ve lost count of the amount of times I was separated from dad for hours and was near tears looking for him in the men’s side….and that was only during Salaah in Medinah during Hajj time, where men and women were separated, the rest of the time we were together.

Enforcing any kind of rule would just create more chaos, not less. So, there’s little to worry about…I can’t see this happening anyway.

Wasalam

innALLAHa 'ala kulli shay in qadeer.

This is our imaan alhamdulillah.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Admin" wrote:
and the higlighted bits by Khan of Med's post have no meaning. You see that is general for the whole mosque, and not just the sahn area. SO invalid in this specific case.

i really do not know the scale of the problem. but since u acknowledge there is a problem with the wriggling.. and the scale is larger than we all had initially anticipated..

surely its a step in the right direction?

yeh it might not be the perfect solution, but at least they're trying to do something about it.. or appearing to do so.

all in all its a good thing in my opinion, at least its bought about this debate and have had a lotta heads thinking about it.

with it coming out into the open, maybe someone somewhere will have the balls to to suggest a better plan.

[b][i]Round and round the Ka'bah,
Like a good Sahabah,
One step, Two step,
All the way to jannah[/i][/b]

Salam

"MuslimSister" wrote:
Religious leaders in Saudi Arabia want to impose restrictions on women praying in the Grand Mosque in Makka

They can't prevent KFC opening outside Kaba, so they try this act of "piety".

Good idea.

Let Bush in but stop Mediya.

Omrow

just because you're a taalib-e-'ilm doesn't mean you have to sit on your high horse all day Med. you have no right to call others juhhaal. for all you know Allah (s.w.t) could bless others with the knowledge you have and take it away from you.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

JIDDAH, Saudi Arabia (AP) - Officials are considering an unprecedented proposal to ban women from performing the five Muslim prayers in the immediate vicinity of Islam's most sacred shrine in Mecca. Some say women are already being kept away.

``The prophet, who is the first leader of Muslims, didn't do it,'' said Mohsen al-Awajy, an Islamist lawyer and cleric. ``Those who are proposing the change after him have to come up with legal justification for it.''

Al-Awajy urged the Saudi government to put an end to ``such a rigid and austere mind-set that could become the core of a violent trend in the future.''

Women in Saudi Arabia lead strict lives. They are banned from driving and need permission from a male guardian to go to school, get a job, travel or stay at a hotel.

``Women are not all young beauties that rush to the mosque with an aim of seducing men,'' wrote one woman, Aziza al-Manie, in the country's Okaz daily.

``Among female visitors are the ill, the old, tormented widows, the handicapped and disabled, and the ones with problems desperately wanting God's help and mercy,'' she wrote, according to a translation in Arab News.

Al-Manie said there are no laws that allow men the exclusive possession of the area and warned that if the government adopts the plan, it will live up to ``the assumption that Saudi Arabia is an extremist country that deprives women of their given rights.''

``At no other time in history, either before or after the time of the Prophet Muhammad, have women been relegated to lesser advantageous positions within the (mosque),'' Aishah Schwartz, the group's director, said in a statement.

``The proposed plan is no more acceptable today than it would have been when the teachings of Islam began to be delivered over 1400 years ago,'' she added.

[url=

That is just sexist. The Arabs dont let their women do anything but they cant decide what they think is best for the rest of the Muslim world.

Saudi clerics backtrack on Mecca women prayer ban

RIYADH, Sept 11 (Reuters) - Saudi clerics appear to have backtracked on controversial plans to ban women from praying at the centre of Islam's holiest shrine in Mecca.

At present, women can pray in the immediate vicinity of the Kaaba, a cube-shaped structure inside the Grand Mosque which forms the centrepiece of the haj pilgrimage in Islam.

But plans by the all-male committee overseeing the holy sites would have placed women in two distant sections of the mosque -- overlooking the Kaaba, though at a distance -- while men would still be able to pray in the key space.

"The presidency (committee) decided to adopt a second proposal, which is to expand two special places for women's prayer, in addition to the one that already exists," Mohammed bin Nasser al-Khozayem, deputy head of Grand Mosque affairs, was quoted a saying in Okaz newspaper on Monday.

"Women have the same right as me (to pray) in the 'sahn' (Kaaba area)," he said. "In fact 53 percent of the mosque's space will now be for women to pray, which is more than men."

Women activists in Saudi Arabia, the birthplace of the religion where a strict version of Islam is state orthodoxy, said the original plan was discriminatory and had vowed to oppose it.

A U.S.-based group called the Muslimah Writers Alliance began a Web petition to lobby the authorities against the plans, called "Project Grand Mosque Equal Access for Women".

"We have a right to pray in this space," its Web site says.

The Grand Mosque is one of the few places where men and women can pray together in Islam, although technically there are separate spaces for each gender throughout the vast complex.

Religious police charged with imposing order according to Saudi Arabia's austere Wahhabi brand of Islam often harass women who decide to pray outside the prescribed areas.

Pushing and shoving is common in the tight space around the Kaaba where thousands of pilgrims crowd during the haj season. The clerics said they wanted to reduce crowding for women.

[url=

Biggrin

53%?

Is that not discriminating against men?

No fair.

/Is throwing a strop!

Seriously, good to see some common sense.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

As i said before...

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
the kaba is for men AND women

unlike man-God is NOT sexist

Dirol

Pages