AN IDIOTS GUIDE TO THE PROPHET (PBUH)

155 posts / 0 new
Last post

"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:
"Angel" wrote:
"Assadullah" wrote:
Salaam ppl.

Now we all know about the danish cartoons and I obviously gt y they were offensive. But I was wondering is any picture of Prophet Muhammed (pbbuh) haram, even if it wasnt offensive?

If you think about it, Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) is perfect, so for one to even draw him Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) in a good light is not possible, as any mere human making the drawing would not be able to make the Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) as he Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) is which is perfection. The drawing is likely to have some sort of imperfection hence it's a disrespectful thing towards the status of the Holy Prophet (saw).

The thing I found disrespectful in this article was this:

“Mohammed is the guy Muslims worship innit?”

I know you're talkin from the p.o.v of a non-Muslim but still referring to Holy Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) as a "guy" is not a respectful term.

but that is from a non muslim, thats how non muslims speak, they will not refer to the prophet as 'the holy prophet'. the questions are in speech mark... and are actual questions i have been asked...

i dont see anything disrespectful about it....

i never picked up on that, but i think Angel is right.

it is disrespectful for a muslim magazine.

“Mohammed is the[b] man/person/one[/b] Muslims worship innit?” - would have been better

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

how come our proof readers are only picking up on it now?

if i was/wanted to insult someone I'd say "geezer"

"guy" isnt even slang-its ordinary speech

Salaam

I found the title a little disrespectful. But perhaps I'm not the target audience.

Either way I don't think that format should have been used for that article.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
how come our proof readers are only picking up on it now?

if i was/wanted to insult someone I'd say "geezer"

"guy" isnt even slang-its ordinary speech

im not a proofreader Blum 3 i havnt read the thing in full, skim read it

but 'guy' when reffering to the best of creations, can be disrespecful.

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Sirus" wrote:

but 'guy' when reffering to the best of creations, can be disrespecful.

i think respect is relative

if i referred to any most important person in the world as a "guy"-or heard someone say "guy"

i wouldnt think disrespect

what i dont understand is-how comes some see it and others dont? :?

I think that calling the prophet a guy is disrespectable, you call ordinary people a guy, not a prophet.

Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

"zara" wrote:
I think that calling the prophet a guy is disrespectable, you call ordinary people a guy, not a prophet.

The article is mainly aimed at those hu dnt no much about the holy prophet and non muslims. so i dont think a kafir would refer to the holy prophet as the "holy prophet". The word "guy" is probally what the kafir refer the holy prophet as to be as they dnt no who he is..., so i dont see how that is disresepect to the prophet of allah, as its what a normal typical non muslim would call the prophet s.a.w.

"*_Noor_*" wrote:
"zara" wrote:

The article is mainly aimed at those hu dnt no much about the holy prophet and non muslims. so i dont think a kafir would refer to the holy prophet as the "holy prophet". The word "guy" is probally what the kafir refer the holy prophet as to be as they dnt no who he is..., so i dont see how that is disresepect to the prophet of allah, as its what a normal typical non muslim would call the prophet s.a.w.

thank you noor...some sense at last:-)
haider and dawud... disappointed with your comments... as you were given articles well in advance of it going to print... these commenst should have been made them... if you didnt bother reading them before that is your fault.

common sense tells you the questions in speech marks are from non muslims, and thats how they speak and thats how they would ask a question... why do ppl find that so hard to understand?

next time i'll write a boring, really formal, intellectual and loving, caring article... in case anyone is offended.

Quote:
i think respect is relative

relative in most context's....yes. but what im tryna say is, NO person has the status of Rasulallah (Saw), even non muslims give him more respect than that.

Quote:
what i dont understand is-how comes some see it and others dont? :?

some hold the Prophet (Saw) dearer to them, more than anything or anyone.

but i can undastand where ed is coming from, im no alim....it was jus an opinion. neither of us, no matter what reasoning we give, can give a definite answer to whether 'guy' is ok to use.

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Of all the issues I had about this article, using the word 'guy' was NOT one of them.

That is a mute point. Not derogatory in any way IMO.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

i didnt say derogatory....jus lacking a lil respect.

no big deal

what was ur problem with this article then?

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Quote:
[b]“Didn't Mohammed write the Quran?”[/b]
... The Quran has been preserved, unchanged, in its original form and confirms the truth in the Torah, the Psalms and the Gospel. The Quran is also proven scientifically because it contains hundreds of scientific facts and statements which have only been discovered in the last 100 years or so. This clearly proves that the Quran is work of NO man!

[b]“Sunnah? Hadith? Is that the latest fashion man or what, like Gucci and Armani?'”[/b]
No, it's not. 'Sunnah' is what the Prophet (pbuh) did, said or approved of. Hadith are recorded traditions relating to the sayings and doings of the Prophet(pbuh) which are available today in book form in almost every language.
[b]
“But what’s so special about him? What did he do that was so special?”[/b]
You see, the Prophet (pbuh) liberated the slaves and protected the weak. He gave equal rights to women and gave the world the concept of the equality of mankind. The Prophet (pbuh) was the first human in history to give universal suffrage (votes to every adult). He gave the first written constitution to mankind, consisting of 60 articles. Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) was the first person in history to give rights to prisoners of wars (PoWs). These were revolutionary and historical actions, which gave rights to each person in every society for all time.
You know why he's so special? Coz he wasn’t only a teacher, preacher and propagator of moral values but he practised them in his own life as well. He provided us with moral values, moral behaviour, human values and etiquette which are practised world-wide to this day. He was a Prophet, a political leader, a military leader, a judge, a religious and spiritual leader, a teacher and a perfect personality for all to follow.

When the meccans questioned Mehamad changing his orders and also changing the focus of prayer from jerusalem to kaaba (Kortobi, vol.2 page 61) Mehamad was quick to come with verses to justify Abrogation
The following verses describe the fact that Alla changes his mind:

Q13:39: "Allah effaceth what He will, and establisheth (what He will), and with Him is the source of ordinance."

Q16:101: "And when We put a revelation in place of (another) revelation, - and Allah knoweth best what He revealeth - they say: Lo! thou art but inventing. Most of them know not."

Q2:106: "Whatever communications We abrogate or cause to be forgotten, We bring one better than it or like it. Do you not know that Allah has power over all things?"
Comment: Power over all things, except making up his mind on a book that he made since creation.

Q3.007:

Here is some examples of Abrogation:

* Now the Table verses in favor of the previous scriptures are: (an example)
5:43, 44, 46, 47, 48.
They got abrogated by (an example): 4:46, 5:13, 2:75.

* In favor of the people of the book: (an example)
2:72, 29:46, 56:27, 3:55,
Abrogated by: (an example)
3:19,, 3:85,

* In favor of freedom of religion: (an example)
10:99, 2:256, 109:6
Abrogated by: (an example)
3:83

* In favor of dealing with people who commit Shirq in the after-life only: an example:
3:83, 3:20, 35:23, 11:12, 4:63, 4:81, 5:13, 5:105, 6:107, 88:22, 17:54, 73:10, 7:199, 13:40

Abrogated by these verse that do not wait for punishment in the after-life and puts the punishment instead in the hands of the Muslim army and order the killing of any who does not submit, an example:
9:29, 4:91, 47:4, 4:89, 8:12, 8:39, 3:20, 4:86, 8:61, 47:35, 2:191, 9:5

Quote:
[b]“Why do Muslims always bang on about Mohammed?”[/b]
The prophet (pbuh) is the most important figure in the lives of Muslims. Muslims respect him and follow the example he left behind. The prophet (pbuh) is the person who brought to us the religion we follow. He taught us the purpose of life, how to live our lives, and how to treat ourselves and others. He is our role model and we follow his example, known as “Sunnah”, which is documented in books of “Hadith”.

Menstruation is a defect in women for they cannot fast and pray during their periods... (Shahih Bukhari 3.31.172)

Volume 3, Book 31, Number 172:

Narrated Abu Said:

The Prophet said, "Isn't it true that a woman does not pray and does not fast on menstruating? And that is the defect (a loss) in her religion."

A woman is like a rib---that is why she has the crookedness...(Shahih Bukhari 7.62.113)

Volume 7, Book 62, Number 113:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Apostle said, "The woman is like a rib; if you try to straighten her, she will break. So if you want to get benefit from her, do so while she still has some crookedness."

Women were created crooked;. if you try to straighten her you will break her and breaking her is divorcing her…( Shahih Muslim 8.3467)

Book 008, Number 3467:

Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) reported: Woman has been created from a rib and will in no way be straightened for you; so if you wish to benefit by her, benefit by her while crookedness remains in her. And if you attempt to straighten her, you will break her, and breaking her is divorcing her.

Women, house and horses are evil omens..( Shahih Bukhari;7.62.30)

Volume 7, Book 62, Number 30:

Narrated Abdullah bin 'Umar:

Allah's Apostle said, "Evil omen is in the women, the house and the horse.'

Portents of hour are drinking, sex , 50 women per men...(Shahih Bukhari 1.3. 81)

Volume 1, Book 3, Number 81:

Narrated Anas:

I will narrate to you a Hadith and none other than I will tell you about after it. I heard Allah's Apostle saying: From among the portents of the Hour are (the following):

1. Religious knowledge will decrease (by the death of religious learned men).

2. Religious ignorance will prevail.

3. There will be prevalence of open illegal sexual intercourse.

4. Women will increase in number and men will decrease in number so much so that fifty women will be looked after by one man.

Nothing is more harmful to men than women...(Shahih Bukhari 7.62.33)

Volume 7, Book 62, Number 33:

Narrated Usama bin Zaid:

The Prophet said, "After me I have not left any affliction more harmful to men than women."

[b]A woman advances and retires in the shape of a devil; so when one of you sees a woman,[color=red] he should come to his wife and have intercourse with her[/color]…(Shahih Muslim 8.3240)[/b] Lol

Book 008, Number 3240:

Jabir reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) saw a woman, and so he came to his wife, Zainab, as she was tanning a leather and had sexual intercourse with her. He then went to his Companions and told them: The woman advances and retires in the shape of a devil, so when one of you sees a woman, he should come to his wife, for that will repel what he feels in his heart.

[b] Here is another gem from Imam Ghazali.[/b]

Women are half devils (Ref: 7.vol. II, p367)

Someone once said: “The devil says to women: ‘You are half my army! You are my arrow with which I do not miss! You are my confidante! You are my messenger with whom I achieve my wants!’ Thus half of his army is desire, the other half being anger.”

Women should give charity and forgiveness because the majority of women will be in hell. The reasons are 1. women curse too much 2. they are ungrateful to their husbands 3.they are lacking in common sense 4. they are failing in religion 5. they rob the wisdom of the wise…(Shahih Muslim 1.0142)

Book 001, Number 0142:

It is narrated on the authority of 'Abdullah b. Umar that the Messenger of Allah observed: O womenfolk, you should give charity and ask much forgiveness for I saw you in bulk amongst the dwellers of Hell. A wise lady among them said: Why is it, Messenger of Allah, that our folk is in bulk in Hell? Upon this the Holy Prophet observed: You curse too much and are ungrateful to your spouses. I have seen none lacking in common sense and failing in religion but (at the same time) robbing the wisdom of the wise, besides you. Upon this the woman remarked: What is wrong with our common sense and with religion? He (the Holy Prophet) observed: Your lack of common sense (can be well judged from the fact) that the evidence of two women is equal to one man, that is a proof of the lack of common sense, and you spend some nights (and days) in which you do not offer prayer and in the month of Ramadan (during the days) you do not observe fast, that is a failing in religion. This hadith has been narrated on the authority of Abu Tahir with this chain of transmitters.

[b]I will add more later, as this is getting to long. [/b]

Understand what you know.

whats yr point Raj?

I sense you are trying to prove some weird point against Islam?

Plz explain.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Raj, what are you onabout?? :?

"Med" wrote:
whats yr point Raj?

I sense you are trying to prove some weird point against Islam?

Plz explain.

Why abrogate the verse of the Qu'ran? does a god make mistake's?

"*_Noor_*" wrote:
Raj, what are you onabout?? :?

Please try to read logically what I am trying to say to you. I am a Muslim just like you but I know Allah will not punish me for speaking the truth if Allah really is merciful and compassionate.

Do you not see what the hadeeth are saying about the women?

I never said you wasn't a Muslim, im just saying try to make your point clear cz to me your talking a load of BS

"*_Noor_*" wrote:
I never said you wasn't a Muslim, im just saying try to make your point clear cz to me your talking a load of BS

I am quoting the hadeeth sis how is that BS?

Are you "deficient in intellect" compared to a man?

I take my qsn back. Its apparent you are a renegade and you have come here for mischief. If you are sincere in your questiong then my responding would be beneficial but you just come along with loads of C&Pd stuff that an objective person could deal with in a matter of minutes.

Alter your approach to one of searching for the Truth and I will inshaALLAH respond.

If you wish to come here for debate and to spread your heretical beliefs - then it is beneath me to converse with a dog of Hell walking on the earth.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Med" wrote:
I take my qsn back. Its apparent you are a renegade and you have come here for mischief. If you are sincere in your questiong then my responding would be beneficial but you just come along with loads of C&Pd stuff that an objective person could deal with in a matter of minutes.

Alter your approach to one of searching for the Truth and I will inshaALLAH respond.

If you wish to come here for debate and to spread your heretical beliefs - then it is beneath me to converse with a dog of Hell walking on the earth.

I asked you a simple question brother, if Allah knows everything. Then why did prophet Mohamed abrogate some verses form the Qu'ran. This is a logical and straight forward question.

"Raj" wrote:
"*_Noor_*" wrote:

Are you stupid??? why would i ever refer to a hadeeth a BS? have you gone crazy?? :?

"*_Noor_*" wrote:
"Raj" wrote:
"*_Noor_*" wrote:

Are you stupid??? why would i ever refer to a hadeeth a BS? have you gone crazy?? :?

OK, but you said I am talking a load of BS. And I was just qouting the hadith.

Also you didn't answer my question sis...

Why? I don't need to answer myself to you..

I am what i am.

"Raj" wrote:

the answer is NO

and do us a favour by NOT misquoting verses/hadiths or taking them literally

u really think muslim women wud be OK with considering themselves "deficient in intellect" :roll:

sit with a decent Islamic scholar-dont ask a bunch of kids on a internet forum what islam is all about

and if u do that-decent scholars will explain to u-the hadith above does NOT mean what it implies

thats what i've been taught

but if u want to waste ur time here-be my guest

Innaa lillahi wa innaaa ilayhi raaji'oon.

Just a word of warning - if people are not aware of the sharah of an hadeeth they should maintain silence rather than venturing their own opinions. Sometimes it happens that we utter words on an hadeeth which implicitly deny the words of Nabi salallahu alayhi wa sallam.

We sek refuge in ALLAH from the like thereof.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"*_Noor_*" wrote:
thanks for that sis Wink

no problem sweety

Shaikh Ramadan explained this hadith in a study circle in london once

so those who sprout crap about "own opinions" shud shut their mouth :roll:

It was a piece of advice. No need to take it soo emotionally - I see the sharah of the hadeeth before my eyes. loooooool.

LilSis may ALLAH reward you - sometimes you refresh my imaan so much. ALLAH khush farmay ameen.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Med" wrote:
- I see the sharah of the hadeeth before my eyes. loooooool.

u see a lot of things that we dont see.looooooooooooooool

thats why u've been banned so many times and even left here so many times :roll:

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

the answer is NO

and do us a favour by NOT misquoting verses/hadiths or taking them literally

u really think muslim women wud be OK with considering themselves "deficient in intellect" :roll:

Sorry please tell me how I am misquoting the hadeeth. Please prove this to me before you say these things.

[b]Volume 1, Book 6, Number 301:
Narrated Abu Said Al-Khudri: [/b]

Once Allah's Apostle went out to the Musalla (to offer the prayer) o 'Id-al-Adha or Al-Fitr prayer. Then he passed by the women and said, "O women! Give alms, as I have seen that the majority of the dwellers of Hell-fire were you (women)." They asked, "[b]Why is it so, O Allah's Apostle ?" He replied, "You curse frequently and are ungrateful to your husbands. I have not seen anyone more deficient in intelligence and religion than you. A cautious sensible man could be led astray by some of you." The women asked, "O Allah's Apostle! What is deficient in our intelligence and religion?" He said, "Is not the evidence of two women equal to the witness of one man?" They replied in the affirmative. He said, "This is the deficiency in her intelligence.[/b] Isn't it true that a woman can neither pray nor fast during her menses?" The women replied in the affirmative. He said, "This is the deficiency in her religion."

Now this is one of the most authentic hadeeth and you can say I am misquoting its pretty clear.

So, if you think women is not "deficient in intellect" then you're disagreeing with the holy prophet Mohamed.

Pages