Wisdom Tooth

130 posts / 0 new
Last post

"Sirus" wrote:
yeah, and old pic....remember the lil ugly duckling who turned into a beautiful swan Dirol

More like the opposite...turning from a swan to an ugly ducking Lol

"Sirus" wrote:
ur that bad, that u've covered ur entire face in ur avatar Lol

Med has said it Dirol

"Admin" wrote:
Haven't been to a dentist in about 6 years.

Cheapskate :twisted:

I'm on JSA now as it's the summer holidays so I'll be going to the doctors, dentist and the opticians Lol

"Muslim Bro" wrote:

Cheapskate :twisted:

Wrong end of the stick.

Too much moving around. dentists have a time limit within which you mist visit them or they will take you off their list.

And with the shortage in dentists, its too much of a hassle finding one willing to take on patients.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
dentists have a time limit within which you mist visit them or they will take you off their list.

Just visit them once a year for a routine check-up innit.

"Admin" wrote:
And with the shortage in dentists, its too much of a hassle finding one willing to take on patients.

You should have visited your dentist annually so you would still have been on their list...your fault.

I not registered with any dentist at the mo, private dentists are too expensive for me....

Have not seen a dentist for about 10 years, got chucked off cos did not visit every 6 months and now its also private.

Only gonna register in the case of an emergency, my teeth are all good anyway apart from maybe needing a filling. Prob will cost 80 quid to get that sorted.

Dentists are amazing.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

i like to look after my teeth, i brush twice a day, use mouthwash, and floss every night. i try and use a miswak at least once a day aswell..who says they're just for boys! altho it can be expensive keep things in perspective a min of 2 visits a year one every six months isn't gona break the bank balance. Over 6 months you can get a lot of plaque build up, tooth decay, gum problems etc etc how would you know about these problems if you never visit at least once a year??? Don't complain if your teeth fall out early coz you neglected them. if gals and boys can afford a new outfit every week or every season no reason why you can't afford some dental treatment is there? Wink

i had braces way into first year of uni. mine weren't the train tracks. removable ones i thght they were pretty cool Dirol

i had so many milk teeth that wouldn't budge late into my teens so i was in the dentist and hospital a lot to get teeth removed due to overcrowding. i reckon i had 6 teeth pulled out in total. i got so used to it dentist would begin by explaining the procedure and i'd be like yes i already know a bit of anaesthetic and you'l pull it out with a pliar like contraption. The hospital visit was bad though had to stay in over night for monitoring. when i left i looked like id had a few rounds with a boxer my cheek was all swollen from the anaesthetic. Lol

i duno if i've got my wisdom tooth, i don't recall any pain....??

"yashmaki" wrote:
duno if i've got my wisdom tooth, i don't recall any pain....??

If U've got your third molars two at the back top and bottom then you've got them all i fink :?

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Med" wrote:
Dentists are amazing.

Lol

-i too used to think that till i met u

lol

I loved going to the dentist - was a chance to skive off school.

Dentistry is mashaALLAH a good profession and plus its very lucrative - that means loadsa money. :twisted:

Btw - inshaALLAH when I graduate if ne1 here wants dental treatment I'll do special revival rates (double the cost Blum 3 )

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Med" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Med" wrote:
Dentists are amazing.

Lol

-i too used to think that till i met u

lol

I loved going to the dentist - was a chance to skive off school.

Dentistry is mashaALLAH a good profession and plus its very lucrative - that means loadsa money. :twisted:

Btw - inshaALLAH when I graduate if ne1 here wants dental treatment I'll do special revival rates (double the cost Blum 3 )

lol

thanks but no thanks, i'll stick with my normal dentist Biggrin

i value my teeth :twisted:

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Sirus" wrote:

bruv [b]I[/b] value [b]your[/b] teeth too :twisted:

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Med" wrote:
"Sirus" wrote:

bruv [b]I[/b] value [b]your[/b] teeth too :twisted:

why? are my teeth what attracts you to me? :oops:

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

I visited the dentist today after 10 odd years….my extreme phobia of dentists has kept me away from their surgery, however my filling had come out, so I had no choice but to visit..

When the chair started to swivel up and go back I seriously considered legging it out of the surgery whilst the dentist had his back turned…I pinched my leg so hard throughout the visit that I’ve got a bruise there now….

The dentist was really nice….I think he sensed my unease. He asked me a lot of questions, and weirdly could understand what I was saying and even managed to pick up my slight brummie accent even with all his tools in my mouth….

I’m still terrified of dentists, and know that I won’t be able to sleep the night before my next appointment, but I’m glad I went…even though I’m a girl who brushes, floss’s and uses a mouthwash twice a day I found out today that I’m using expensive and ineffective products…

I’m honestly filling out a form right now that that proves that I’m too poor to pay for dental treatment and that I want my £50 back…

I don't mind dentists.

Actually scratch that, I do mind them. Giving me braces for years, and then messing up my teeth worse than they were before, saying I should have had my jaw moved, not my teeth, then helpfully advising me to get jaw surgery, sayign that is what I should have done in the first place. (I decided enough was enough, and left everything as it is...)

But what I dread more is opticians. When they look into your eyes, I find it hard to sit in one place. I get an electric shots through my spine. Its not even fear, but complete unease at having someone shining a light and staring into your eyes from about 1cm away...

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
But what I dread more is opticians. When they look into your eyes, I find it hard to sit in one place. I get an electric shots through my spine. Its not even fear, but complete unease at having someone shining a light and staring into your eyes from about 1cm away...

Opticians to me are completely the opposite to dentists. I love going there....but don't like wearing glasses.

Brushing should be done twice daily for 2 minutes each time.

Flossing once daily - ideally at a set time - eg before going to bed.

Mouthwashes should be used occasionally NOT DAILY.

If you do the above three then inshaALLAH wont have any problems with your teeth.

And if you live in a locality where your water is fluoridated then you've got much better chance of having good oral health - eg in birmingham.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

what does flossing mean?

Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

It may be fluoridated but your water in b'ham is disgustin, maybe not as bad as other parts in england nonetheless horible!

In regards to wat admin said, wen i go to opticians and they pure look into your eyes I have an urge to giggle, duno why!

I dont mind dentists, i had braces for a year it was hellish but at least I have nice teeth now Biggrin

"Angel" wrote:
It may be fluoridated but your water in b'ham is disgustin, maybe not as bad as other parts in england nonetheless horible!

In regards to wat admin said, wen i go to opticians and they pure look into your eyes I have an urge to giggle, duno why!

I dont mind dentists, i had braces for a year it was hellish but at least I have nice teeth now Biggrin

I had braces too, well still got the removable ones in, had them put in twice but the end result is worth all the pain. Nice straight teeeth Biggrin lol
and i love the opticians, i'm always there with my broken specs!

I prefer wearing contact lens but since i dont get good vision with contacts i am forced to stick with glasses, i hate wearing em!

"zara" wrote:
what does flossing mean?

Flossing is when you hold a piece of dental floss between your forefinger and your thumb and work it between the interdentail gaps in your mouth. Sliding it over the lateral sides of the tooth thereby removing debris and cleaning the interdental gaps and tooth surfaces.

Basically its like getting a piece of string and moving it up-and-down between your teeth so all the tiny food particles that get stuck there are removed and teeth remain in good health.

You get me?

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

I had 3 fillings done today, and I didn’t opt for the cheap NHS zinc lol, my face still feels num.

"Angel" wrote:
I prefer wearing contact lens but since i dont get good vision with contacts i am forced to stick with glasses, i hate wearing em!

lol, join the club sis! me u both, but i prefer specs, ther much safer than lenses, all the stories you hear! actaully my sis got a lense stuck in her eye and she cudnt get it out! ther a lil dangerous if u ask me..

See when your face is numb, does anyone bite into their skin and regret later! ouch... (cnt rember last time i went to dentist!)

"Angel" wrote:
See when your face is numb, does anyone bite into their skin and regret later! ouch... (cnt rember last time i went to dentist!)

Thanks for reminder me, I wont bit myself now. I have to pay for my treatment at least I don’t have to wait week for an appointment , when Med graduates he’ll give me a discount Wink

"Angel" wrote:

i dnt bite into my skin but poke it wid sumthing sharp like a needle or pin!

"*_Noor_*" wrote:
"Angel" wrote:

That's bad can cause an infection, should be careful.

Once my contact got stuck, I couldnt take it out, i freaked out but I still wear them occasionally but generaly they have more risk coz of the internal contact with the eye.

"Angel" wrote:
"*_Noor_*" wrote:
"Angel" wrote:

That's bad can cause an infection, should be careful.

Once my contact got stuck, I couldnt take it out, i freaked out but I still wear them occasionally but generaly they have more risk coz of the internal contact with the eye.

lol
i make sure their all nice and clean, but i havnt done that for ages now....

"Med" wrote:
"zara" wrote:
what does flossing mean?

Flossing is when you hold a piece of dental floss between your forefinger and your thumb and work it between the interdentail gaps in your mouth. Sliding it over the lateral sides of the tooth thereby removing debris and cleaning the interdental gaps and tooth surfaces.

Basically its like getting a piece of string and moving it up-and-down between your teeth so all the tiny food particles that get stuck there are removed and teeth remain in good health.

You get me?

uh hu

Character is like a tree and reputation like its shadow. The shadow is what we think of it; the tree is the real thing.

Pages