Sisters only swimming in Birmingham?

61 posts / 0 new
Last post

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
and obvioulsy one wud only panick if they knew that they couldnt swim

You'd think that.

I have seen a person almost drwon in a pool where if he was standing, the water would only reach his shoulders...

Panick makes you do the wrong thing no matter if you know how to swim or not.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

salaam, I havent been online since starting this thread but some very interesting replies! mashallah.

There does exist a muslim sisters only swimming club in birmingham (somewhere) as its described in this article:

[b]"Shazia describes a visit to a Muslim swimming club in Birmingham where the women were dressed in black caps, black leggings, and black costumes – in the water. She turned out in a leopard-skin leotard and was barred for being dressed immorally. “Go and swim with the white women if you want to look like that,” she was told."[/b]

Article's a bit controversial but does indicate such a place exists somewhere.

With regards to the fatwa from Islamonline, without wanting to go into a whichgroupisright debate, they do seem very leniant with a lot of their fatwas. In addition to that I know that my mum and sister, and probably many other Muslim sisters (am I right?) would feel uncomfortable in the presence of near naked non-Muslim women.

[color=magenta]i fink round here evry fridays thereslike a women only session in th swimming pool where loads of bengali women go in their saris/dresses swimming chewing their beetle nut n spittin it out in th pool but i knw loads of sisters who go to the women only session wiv a t-shirt n trackie bottoms

theres also a women only gym in the LMC london muslim centre called haya fitness where they have a female/muslim fitness instrcutor however it costs a bomb,[/color]

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

"UmarIbnAlKatb" wrote:
salaam,

bit of a random question but maybe someone knows - is there a sisters' only swimming facility anywhere in bham? I ask as my my mum and sister wants to go.

I know various leisure centres offer womens only swimming but the level of adhab (i.e. other women wearing swimsuits) is such that it makes it almost for muslim sisters to attend. So basically a place that caters for muslims.

Jz for any info if anyone has any.

wasalaam

sparkhill swimming baths bro

give them a call to make sure , but alot of muslim women go there

"Exquisite" wrote:

theres also a women only gym in the LMC london muslim centre called haya fitness where they have a female/muslim fitness instrcutor however it costs a bomb,[/color]

I thought it was quite reasonable?

There's a gym in Stratform that has women's only sessions....Most Esporta and Fitness First Gym's also have women's only sessions..

There's a new gym thats opened in Ilford that totally women's only.

I'm still looking around for a gym that have charge reasonably for the pay as you go option...

[color=magenta]how much are the prices now?r u talking abt the gym membership or paying for every session?[/color]

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

I think it was about £5 a session for pay as you go...it might have changed...whitechapel is too far for me, so I've never been.

[color=magenta]have u heard of whitechapel sports centre well they do 25p a session for girls between 13-21 every monday's 4-6pm i fink[/color]

£5!! What a Rip.... its like £3 pay as you go here

Back in BLACK

£1.50 here! Biggrin and for threee hourzz

£3.00 unlimited usage all day.

Back in BLACK

[color=magenta]my 25p for 2hrz is the best deal so come on ladies its women only fitness instructors too, [/color]

"Exquisite" wrote:
[color=magenta]my 25p for 2hrz [/color]

u being serious sis?? think i need to pay i visit ther!

[color=magenta]yeah seriously its proper good, mind you i didnt go for ages, its called the twilight girls group or sumfing[/color]

if that was me, i wud be pratically living ther!

"Exquisite" wrote:
[color=magenta]have u heard of whitechapel sports centre[/color]

We used to do our PE there when I was at secondary school.

Our school uses that sports centre for free coz when the sports centre was built, some of the land where it was built belonged to our school so our school doesn't need to pay anything.

"UmarIbnAlKatb" wrote:
and probably many other Muslim sisters (am I right?) would feel uncomfortable in the presence of near naked non-Muslim women.

in the summer we live/associate and sit on the bus with near naked women

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"UmarIbnAlKatb" wrote:
and probably many other Muslim sisters (am I right?) would feel uncomfortable in the presence of near naked non-Muslim women.

in the summer we live/associate and sit on the bus with near naked women

its disgusting, where ever u go, thats all u see

"Muslim Bro" wrote:
"Exquisite" wrote:
[color=magenta]have u heard of whitechapel sports centre[/color]

We used to do our PE there when I was at secondary school.

Our school uses that sports centre for free coz when the sports centre was built, some of the land where it was built belonged to our school so our school doesn't need to pay anything.

[color=magenta]
does that mean you went to that school where the swan is your logo?lolz that school's a joke.

i think i might start going gym again, so boring during the summer[/color]

"Exquisite" wrote:
[color=magenta]does that mean you went to that school where the swan is your logo?lolz that school's a joke.[/color]

Yes I did :oops: I wanted to go to stepney but my parents insisted that that I go swanlea as it's more closer to where we live.

Did you go swanlea aswell?

"Exquisite" wrote:
[color=magenta]i think i might start going gym again, so boring during the summer[/color]

I've got weights and a bench in my room but don't use it no more, need to gain some weight and meat first Lol

[color=magenta]lolz why would i go there for?my lil bro goes there i go mulberry!!!!!!we have a fully fitted fitness suite with state of the art equipment n we've got an astro turf as well as a fully functioning sports hall, we also hold weddings[/color]

"Exquisite" wrote:
[color=magenta]lolz why would i go there for?[/color]

You said "that school's a joke" so I assumed you went there.

"Exquisite" wrote:
[color=magenta]we have a fully fitted fitness suite with state of the art equipment n we've got an astro turf as well as a fully functioning sports hall[/color]

We use the sports centre for all that...for free!

"Exquisite" wrote:
[color=magenta]we also hold weddings[/color]

So do we.

I really want to go for ladies swimming too in bham - please let me know. Thanks

MuslimBro wrote:
"Exquisite" wrote:
[color=magenta]lolz why would i go there for?[/color]

You said "that school's a joke" so I assumed you went there.

"Exquisite" wrote:
[color=magenta]we have a fully fitted fitness suite with state of the art equipment n we've got an astro turf as well as a fully functioning sports hall[/color]

We use the sports centre for all that...for free!

"Exquisite" wrote:
[color=magenta]we also hold weddings[/color]

So do we.

*laughs at this whole conversation* i dont know who to ally with, so i'll create a new party. CFGS FTW!

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Apparently there's a place in Balsall Heath. Not sure exactly where though, sorry.

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Hi, if you are still interested in women only swimming, I advise you to look at Odara Spa facebook's page. They hire a private pool at St Edwards Girls Only School in Edgbaston, it is Saturday only from 16:00 to 18:00 - 1st hour is swimming lesson, and 2nd hour they also have a aqua zumba class. It is £2.00 per hour, and it is very good. The pool is very clean, and mainly muslims women go there (I went there myself and I think there was just 1 or 2 non muslims women, and many of the women attending do wear full body clothing). Odara Sapa are also opening a gym and spa for women only. This is on Moseley Road, B'ham. All these are mainly run by two sisters, they are both muslims, and wear a headscarf. I hope this helps, and ins'hallah, see you there sometimes Smile 

Dear sis, I do know and I go my self to Aston university swimming time  8:15 pm until 9pm and 9:15 pmuntil10 pm . women only every friday. woman gard, doors will be close just incase no men to enter bath rooms for wash all in oneplace very good place. stff very nice. come and try it. hope that useful. keep usin your duaa

There is suna and steam rooms all inoneplace£ 7:50 for all and £3:50 for swimming only. worth it.

Wa alayķumassalam 

Newtown  swimming pool  birmingham  does   women's only session  on Wednesday 12 to 1pm

Pages