Should they stay or should they go?

Salaam

These forums were not set up for personal gain, or personal insults.

At the current time alot of posts are either just general, or personal attacks/defenses.

So my question is are these forums doing more harm than good?

SHould they stay or should they go? (not based on technical considerations... that is sorted.)

Look at the bigger picture.

The vast majority of us get alog and can have disagreements without resorting insults.

We're kind of like a big italian family. Lots of screaming and harassing from the boistrous uncles, the more quiet conscientious cousins find another room to talk in quieter tones about more important things, we all get a little crazy (good and bad) toward the end of the day when we're tired, do the family picture and head back to life.

But don't tell us we're dysfunctional - if so prepare for a storm of denials and yelling

Its a question. Its always good to get a response.

I have not been coming on here much recently, so i need to gauge others reactions.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Constantine" wrote:
We're kind of like a big italian family.

Lol ROFL!

"Odysseus" wrote:
We're kind of like a big italian family. Lots of screaming and harassing from the boistrous uncles, the more quiet conscientious cousins find another room to talk in quieter tones about more important things, we all get a little crazy (good and bad) toward the end of the day when we're tired, do the family picture and head back to life.

But don't tell us we're dysfunctional - if so prepare for a storm of denials and yelling

lol Biggrin

admin we should definitely keep the forums. although it is very unfortunate that we haven't all been getting along recently, we've still had many good discussions and worthwhile threads. i learn something new almost everytime i come on here alhumdulillah. maybe the mods should just clamp down on personal insults.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

Well they can't if they themselves become embroiled in them...

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
Well they can't if they themselves become embroiled in them...

but isn't that why we have lots of mods and not just one?

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

everythin is alryt now, jus one bad apple gone....problem solved

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

I’ve changed

What you put in the hearts of others; is what goes back into your own heart…

forums are called.... the only problem was med...now hes gone...again...its back to normality again....

EVERYONE gets on with EVERYONE...apart from u know who....

forums are a great platform to discuss, gain knowledge, ask questions, get things off your chest, keep informed of events etc.....

i think its a fantastic thing..... may it continue for many years to come.

"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:

EVERYONE gets on with EVERYONE...[b]apart from u know who....[/b]

r u refering to me Cray 2

"judda" wrote:

i thought it was someone else

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"judda" wrote:

not quite..............

[size=7]look for someone he's actually mentioned by name in his post[/size]

Back in BLACK

"Seraphim" wrote:

huh?

"judda" wrote:
"Seraphim" wrote:

huh?

look again

Back in BLACK

no idea

For goodness sake man!!

He was talking about Med!!!

"Beast" wrote:
For goodness sake man!!

He was talking about Med!!!

Whats with the frustration?

I is only asking

I is glad ed thinks we can get on just fine Dirol

"Sirus" wrote:
jus one bad apple gone....

the only problem was med...

like the rest of us are all perfect... :roll:

"*DUST*" wrote:
"Sirus" wrote:

far from it

but we dont accuse people of kufr, mushrik, biddah, deviating, pretty much everything under the sun Biggrin

its chaos when he's here, calm when he's not - you cant deny that

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Maybe he is not the problem, but everyone else?

Gotta say I do not do much learning on here. We dont really discuss issues either. We discuss the people discussing issues.

and then there is the personal attacks carried out by even moderators. ganging up on people. its almost like a playground. very petty. from the top down.

There is no other forum like this.

[size=10]I feel I'm gonna move on back down south
you know where the water tastes like cherry wine[/size]

"*DUST*" wrote:
"Sirus" wrote:

who says we're perfect...

but why does no one have a problem with anyone else...

why was it just HIM and the rest of the forum?

you're getting a bit emotional on this sis...

i say we need to move on....

"*DUST*" wrote:
"Sirus" wrote:

who says we're perfect...

but why does no one have a problem with anyone else...

why was it just HIM and the rest of the forum?

you're getting a bit emotional on this sis...

i say we need to move on....

lol, me - a 'bit emotional'? Lol you need to read some of your own posts... Blum 3

it wasn't him against everyone else until people made it that way. as admin said, people were ganging up on him, i don't remember him personally insulting any of you until he was provoked.

yes we're not perfect, but sometimes we're just as self-righteous as he is. we think we represent 'liberal' islam, or islam as it should be, so we're superior to him and his 'caveman' mentality. sometimes we can be just as condescending as him in our approach.

"Admin" wrote:
Maybe he is not the problem, but everyone else?

Gotta say I do not do much learning on here.

True, I agree with that, I dont learn much here either, before I did but now its just general talk, islamically of late I have learnt nothing. However coz of the magazine it's good to have it here coz a lot of the new new members came on here due to seeing the magazine.

I took a sneak at your post [b]RevivalEditor [/b]thinking you might for once have something intelligent to say. Unfortunately, I was wrong, and to be honest, your bias and attitude is not one that I care for on these forums. I can easily enough put you on my mental ignore list, members shouldn't have to put up with your rot daily, especially the continued saga between you and med, your bitterness towards him is a disease.

May Allah swt grant Med tawfiq.

"(*_Tablighi" wrote:
I took a sneak at your post [b]RevivalEditor [/b]thinking you might for once have something intelligent to say. Unfortunately, I was wrong, and to be honest, your bias and attitude is not one that I care for on these forums. I can easily enough put you on my mental ignore list, members shouldn't have to put up with your rot daily, especially the continued saga between you and med, your bitterness towards him is a disease.

May Allah swt grant Med tawfiq.

oh watever...
you dont know what you're on about... well ur new its not ur fault...

i cant stand med and vice versa...we have our differences....

u can ignore me.... it wont bother me in the slightest...

i will speak my mind...if you cant handle that...then be a good boy and do some tabligh.... and this time dont forget to knock on the non muslim door aswell!

if there is a bias here , its your bias towards med...because of your tablighi connection...how sweet.

me and med have had many lenghty discussions on all issues and the conclusion is we disagree on everything.... this is a forum for god sakes.... you dont have to like everyone, u dont have to agree with everyone....

some people disagree with med and stay quiet, some argue but dont know how to....i play him at his own game.... thats why he's run away.

do i have a problem with anyone else.... so then, where does the problem lie...i'll leave that with you to work on mate.

PS next time a mod decides to send an email, make sure it does not go to probably every single member of this forum.

And it would be a good idea to indicate who actually sent the email...

In short rely on email instead.

be a good boy and do some tabligh.... and this time dont forget to knock on the non muslim door aswell!

if there is a bias here , its your bias towards med...because of your tablighi connection...how sweet.

who's being sectarian now...? :roll:

Pages