What Do YOU Pray For?

195 posts / 0 new
Last post

There may well be a difference of opinion.

[b]In hanafi madhab the witr is a wajib and must be read even if it is qadha.[/b]

those who can, should refer to baheshti zewar for easy reference.

I believe some of the other madhaahib - specifically shafi'iyyah and hanaabilah have it as sunnah e muakkadah and it is in this light that our ulama do not permit the praying of witr in jama'ah in the Holy Haram, the imams intention is not correct by us.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Yes Witr must be done Qadha for Hanafi's.

I do not know the position of the others schools of thought. (I did not even know there was a diference until Med suggested it)

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Omrow" wrote:

4. Look at something completely natural: A tree, a mountain, the moon, the clouds, sky etc. etc.

when making dua why would u be bogging at the scenery

in fact why would u be outside in the first place-

do u know how cold it is today :shock:

"Med" wrote:
[b]In hanafi madhab the witr is a wajib and must be read even if it is qadha.[/b]

those who can, should refer to baheshti zewar for easy reference.

i checked on sunnipath.com and they quote 'heavenly ornaments' as well.

Naj, according to Shafi'i and Hanbali schools of thought, it is sunnah to make up the missed Witr, whereas according to the Hanafi school of thought it is necessary to do so.

sorry for any confusion caused.

and btw this provides an almost direct answer to your inital question:

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

jazakallah....

the thing is the witr i did miss which were quite a while back i didnt do qaza of :oops: need to get my act togather.

[b]10 ways of developing love for Allah[/b]

Adapted from Shaykh Ibn Qayyim's (rah) Madarij-us-Saalikeen

Shaykh Ibn al-Qayyim (rah) says: “The reason which cause mahabbah (love) of Allaah to develop, are ten:

First: Reciting the Qur’aan, reflecting and understanding its meaning and its intent.

Second: Drawing closer to Allaah – the Most High – through optional deeds, after fulfilling the obligatory duties.

Third: Being continuous in the dhikr (remembrance) of Allaah, with the tongue, the heart and the limbs – under all circumstances. The more continuant the dhikr, the more muhabbah develops and intensifies.

Fourth: Giving precedence to what Allaah loves over personal loves, when being overcome by desires.

Fifth: Contemplating and deliberating over the Names and Attributes of Allaah.

Sixth: Recognizing and remembering the favors and bounties of Allaah – both manifest and hidden.

Seventh: To be humble and submissive before Allaah – and this is the greatest matter.

Eighth: To be in seclusion reciting the Qur’aan, during that time in which Allaah descends to the lowest heaven (which is the last third of every night), finishing this recitation with seeking Allaah’s forgiveness and repenting to Him.

Ninth: To sit in the gatherings of the true and sincere lovers of Allaah, reaping the fruits of their speech, and not to speak except if there is benefit in it and that you know that such talk will increase you in goodness and that it will benefit others as well.

Tenth: To stay clear of all those causes which distances the heart from Allaah – the Mighty and Majestic.

So these are the ten reasons which cause the person to develop true love for Allaah and to reach the rank of al-muhabbah, by which he reaches his Beloved

i like that

i pray allah helps me learn about my religion. :oops: have been brought up not having attended mosque,hardly know how to read :oops: blame my family

Y'knw sometimes Shaytaan Mardood makes us doubt our duas innit and that can be depressing but whenever that happens we should reject it and be firm in our imaan.

ALLAH is of His servant he thinks of HIM Ta'ala.

If the slave thinks His Master wont listen or ignores Him then it is entirely possible that due to the lack of faith the dua may be rejected from the Divine Court but if the slave keeps firm belief and rejects Shaytaan and his deception then ALLAH WILL fulfill the duas - even though it may be after sometime.

Sometimes Shaytaan and the Nafs really annoys a slave but I guess thats what this life is innit.

Someone once explained that ALLAH is the one of Most Honour and Self-Pride and that is His Mantle. If a person begs us and begs us and debases himself infront of us for something we feel ashamed to turn him away and we are impure and imperfect. Someone once said it beautifully that people throw their scraps of food to the dog which guards their door - how can ALLAH not accept the dua when a person begs and grovels?

The solution is patience and even for that there is immense reward. Beshak ALLAH never rejects a sincere dua, nor does He ta'ala reject duruud paak ever.

How can a dua be rejected when it is made in Ramadaan, in the Masjid, after tilawah/dawr of Quran, at iftaar time, after taraweeh and from the depths of a slaves heart? It cant be rejected - subhanALLAH.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Omrow" wrote:

4. Look at something completely natural: A tree, a mountain, the moon, the clouds, sky etc. etc.

when making dua why would u be bogging at the scenery

in fact why would u be outside in the first place-

do u know how cold it is today :shock:

Maybe you will understand when the time is right.

Its something else completely. *sighs*

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

Nice post Med..I myself am counting the days left till Ramadan, I have LOADS of dua's to make this year and need to take advantage of special times...

"MuslimSister" wrote:
Nice post Med..I myself am counting the days left till Ramadan, I have LOADS of dua's to make this year and need to take advantage of special times...

ditto.

I'm also waiting impatiently for Ramadaan. My imaan is so weak its not funny but alhamdulillah Ramadaan is an opportunity to atleast try and do something beneficial rather than just chat 24/7.

At a certain madrassah there is an intention, due to the large numbers of huffaaz, to have three jama'ats of taraweeh with some of the students who become farigh from hifz class this year leading the 10 day jama'ats. Make dua for all the Asaatizah, Huffaaz and Talabah at this madrassah that ALLAH Most High grant them the ability to be true to the knowledge they have - ameen.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

I can't find the dua request thread but this will do just fine:

Please supplicate for a friend of mine and her entire family who just recently delivered a strong young baby boy. Ask for a long life, prosperity, good character and above all that he serves whatever purpose God intends for him on this Earth to God's satisfaction.

May Allah grant the child a wonderful life full of enlightenment.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Pages