10am-6pm
Tickets: £10
Venue: The Bridgewater Hall, Manchester
Coaches from various cities
Full details:

[b]Speakers[/b]
Dr Zakir Naik (India)
Imam Siraj Wahhaj (USA)
Shaykh Abdullah Hakim Quick (South Africa)
Shaykh Muhammed Imdad Hussain Pirzada (Pakistan)
Shaykh Arshad Misbahi (India)
Shaykh Muhammad bin Yahya al Ninowy (Syria)
Dr Bilal Phillips (Qatar)
Dr Jamal Badawi (Canda)
Yvonne Ridley (UK)
Dr Imran Waheed (UK)
Shaykh Shabir Ally (Canada)
Shaykh Faisal Abdur Razzaq (Canada)
Justice Dr Khalid Mahmood – Chief Judge Pakistan Supreme Court
Dr Abdullah Omar Naseef (Saudi Arabia)
Dr Tasneem Zaman (Saudi Arabia)
Shaykh Ayyub Ali (Trinidad)

[b]
Nasheeds[/b]
Mesut Kurtis
Hassen Rasool
Hamza and Thabit (Libya)
[b]
Boxers[/b]
Danny Williams
Amir Khan

well is that an interesting, eye-popping line up or what?
scholars from all different groups, school of thoughts, sects...and a few celebs aswell like Amir Khan.

all this in the name of unity...so what do you think ppl?
and anyone from here going?

wasalaam

Salaam

I can tell you now that The Revival will be sponsoring one session of the conference, so if you are going to the event then listen out for us! Also at the end of the conference [i]everyone [/i]will get a bag of literature and bits and bats.... in there you will find the latest issue of The [b]Revival Magazine. [/b]
Well, we're trying to get our name out there now.....inshallah

so I take it no one is going to the conference from this forum...any reasons?

wasalaam

"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:

so I take it no one is going to the conference from this forum...any reasons?

Too far.

I hear the tickets sold out very quickly.

salaam

Yep, tickets went like hot cakes! More tickets were made available..so i think a few might still be out there somewhere. Just contact the organisers.

wasalaam

SALAAM

so what do you think a conference like this will achieve?

if its a unity conference how will it achieve unity?

do we need unity? why? how to we achieve it?

is it a good thing that scholars with totally different and even opposite beliefs on doctrine will be attending the same conference and sat next to each other?

do we need more conferences like these?

wasalaam

I've not heard of half the guys attending.

Besides, how are Zakir Naik, Bilal Philips and Imran Waheed from different schools of thought?

"irfan" wrote:

Besides, how are Zakir Naik, Bilal Philips and Imran Waheed from different schools of thought?

I was thinking that too.

The other conference that was held in Wembly during Milaad time had more impressive Scholars such as Shaykh Humza Yusuf and Shaykh Yaqubi however, they weren’t given that much time to speak...

That's one of the main problems with inviting too many scholars.

salaam

Zakir naik and Bilal Philips are both salafis, both refer to Muhammad bin Abdul wahaab, Zakir Naik refers to Albani... and are ghair muqallid, dont follow school of thought...

Imran Waheed is Head of HT right? well they disagree on political issues...what school of thoiught or aqeedas HT's have is a mystery?

Now Shaykh al- Ninnowy and Shaykh Faisal Abdul Razzaq have different madhabs but have same beliefs in aqeeda eg both belief and accept tawassul, ilm ul ghayb, mawlid etc..unlike the above two. Muhammad Pirzada and Arshad Misbahi have same aqeeda as Ninowy and Razzaq.

Siraj Wahaj used to have similar beliefs to Bilal Philip but has been influenced by Hamza Yusuf and is less of a salafi and more of a sunni.He doesnt put emphasis on aqeeda or differences at all.

Shabir Ally is hanafi but is influenced by Tablighi Jamaat...
Jamal Badawi and Abdul Hakim Quick i cant say much about.....no real info on them.etc...

so we have differences everywhere...but they are all together as Muslims and to work together ....

if any of the above info i have gave is incorrect please do clarify. I have come to the above conclusions from what I have heard, read, witnessed etc.

wasalaam

I'm going to attend inshallah, I'm only in birmingham for a day but when I come back to London, me and my mates will hire a car and go. More tickets are available due to high demand.

Im going and got seat near the front as well, well I better have anyway. Gutted that Bilal Philip is not coming, I was really looking forward to hearing, and actually hearing first hand what he has got to say rather then from other people, he was one of te reason I was going. It also seem the best Wahabbi scholars were coming, but the biggest mainstream english speaking sunni scholar were not coming. I would have loved to have seen Shaykh Habib Ali Jefferi come too the event, he the best by a mile IMO. It also seem that the only people who had reservation about this event seem to be the mainstream sunni people, or it could be the fact that these were the only people I came across.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

bilal phillips not coming? where did you hear this?

i'll be there, dunno if i'll be allowed much time to listen....i gotta help organise! Sad

the aim is unity........i dont think it can be achieved. it should be, but lets be realistic

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

I'd lov to go to this, but im working Cray 2

Damn you Capitalism, sitting above my chamber door

Never more.

Back in BLACK

salaam

i will be there tomorrow inshallah....

The Revival team will be around talking to people and giving out our business cards....

plus 2000 copies of the revival will be given out at the end of the conference..aswell as getting mentioned in some sections of the conference...

so see you there ppl

wasalaam

"Hayder Sabri" wrote:
bilal phillips not coming? where did you hear this?

i'll be there, dunno if i'll be allowed much time to listen....i gotta help organise! Sad

the aim is unity........i dont think it can be achieved. it should be, but lets be realistic

I email them, they took his name off the speaker list after they said it was 100% confirm he was coming.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:
salaam

i will be there tomorrow inshallah....

The Revival team will be around talking to people and giving out our business cards....

plus 2000 copies of the revival will be given out at the end of the conference..aswell as getting mentioned in some sections of the conference...

so see you there ppl

wasalaam

wow 2000 ppl, is that the amount to be expected? i wish i was goin Cray 2

Salam

I will not be attending even if admission was free.

It goes against my beliefs.

I am not going to listen to a bunch of Wahhabi idiots dishonour the Holy Prophet.

How can any muslim advocate killing of innocent people and praise Bin Laden !!

Its shameful to call them scholars of Islam. They are Devil's Rejects.

Omrow

Omrow, bro...

Hav u been on the fire-water again?

If these guys were dishonourable Wahhabi's cussin the Holy Prophet, they wouldnt make it out of there alive.

As for Bin Laden and his band of rejects, no one in their right mind would praise them... not openly anyway.

If your gonna come out with accusations, pls provide evidence otherwise you end up lookn like a muppet.

Back in BLACK

Im gonna be there.

They've got a good line up of speakers. Should be good.

That and i've got nothing else to do since its half day at work. I get off at 12.

To fear love is to fear life, and those who fear life are already three parts dead.

Well I was there.

Now I remember why I normally avoid such things at all costs.

Not really my scene.

We got Zahid Maqbool interviewed by quite a few people, so inshallah our publicity will continue.

He will be the face of The Revival, as people seem to remember him.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
Well I was there.

LOL. Why do you avoid them?

"Admin" wrote:
Well I was there.

Not really my scene.

We got Zahid Maqbool interviewed by quite a few people, so inshallah our publicity will continue.

He will be the face of The Revival, as people seem to remember him.

how long did it last?
did it serve its purpose?
did it keep ppl interested or did ppl walk out?
overall what was your opinion? (or rather what did others think since u didnt seem to wana be there)

Yeh and the rest of those who attended, what did u make of it?

Its not my scene. I have many issues with them.

This time I went along to publicise The Revival, make contacts etc.

All guests were supposed to get a goody bag from the organisers, with one of the items being a copy of The Revival Magazine.

The muppets lost the bags a couple of hours before the conference ended!

I would like to thank Hayder Sabri, who helped us distribute the spare copies we had. We were very short of copies.

Inshallah the muppets will find the lost goody bags, as that is alot of Revivals we can distribute.

I normally find conferences useless as the speeches are pretentious, are overly long, and do not teach anything. This one was just a show of unity.

The best speaker was IMO the HT one ('Ed of Salaam magazine.)

I was surprised at the unanimous view that HT should not be banned.

It started at around 10/11is, and finished about 8ish. way too long.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
Its not my scene. I have many issues with them.

This time I went along to publicise The Revival, make contacts etc.

All guests were supposed to get a goody bag from the organisers, with one of the items being a copy of The Revival Magazine.

The muppets lost the bags a couple of hours before the conference ended!

I would like to thank Hayder Sabri, who helped us distribute the spare copies we had. We were very short of copies.

Inshallah the muppets will find the lost goody bags, as that is alot of Revivals we can distribute.

I normally find conferences useless as the speeches are pretentious, are overly long, and do not teach anything. This one was just a show of unity.

The best speaker was IMO the HT one ('Ed of Salaam magazine.)

I was surprised at the unanimous view that HT should not be banned.

It started at around 10/11is, and finished about 8ish. way too long.

Thats annoyin that the goody bags were lost but at least you guys got to talk 2 loads of ppl bout the magazine, i am assumin the turn-out for the youth was good?

Bloody hell 10 hrs!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"angel" wrote:

thats my issue with Islamic programmes-they drag on for so long

and cos I'm British and big on puntuality-I always go programmes at least one hour before they start

they end up starting 3/4 hours later then the start time-and end up running a couple of hours overtime

i also end up being in programmes...hungry and tired for over 8-10hours sumtimes

thats my BIGGEST issue with programmes and the main reason why I try to get out of them whenever I can

"Admin" wrote:

Its not my scene.

so what kind of scenes does Mr Admin prefer :twisted:

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"angel" wrote:

thats my issue with Islamic programmes-they drag on for so long

and cos I'm British and big on puntuality-I always go programmes at least one hour before they start

they end up starting 3/4 hours later then the start time-and end up running a couple of hours overtime

i also end up being in programmes...hungry and tired for over 8-10hours sumtimes

thats my BIGGEST issue with programmes and the main reason why I try to get out of them whenever I can

The organisers should have consideration for others, i dont get hungary very quick but my stomach makes noises which is ver very embarasin...i dont like long programmes but the only exception is for shaykh ul islam i can stay hungary for hours and sit there listenin to his lectures cuz the opportunity to be in his company is very rare..

i think the longest programme i have been to is 5 hrs, i would actually die if it was 10hrs, i would walk out!

i get hungry very quickly-esp since I have a crazy sister who's always in a rush to leave the house and doesnt even let me eat breakfast :evil:

most programmes I attend always drag on over 5hours

its true that organisers should be considerate-but most of the time it aint their fault

Pakis have a punctuality problem and there's always sumin going wrong which is beyond their control

thats why I'm always moody in every programme I attend-I am literally forced to stay

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
i get hungry very quickly-esp since I have a crazy sister who's always in a rush to leave the house and doesnt even let me eat breakfast :evil:

most programmes I attend always drag on over 5hours

its true that organisers should be considerate-but most of the time it aint their fault

Pakis have a punctuality problem and there's always sumin going wrong which is beyond their control

thats why I'm always moody in every programme I attend-I am literally forced to stay

Like u to i am very punctual. true say u cant blame the orgnaisers if the ppl turn up late...i cant stand it when ppl are late and unfortunetly for me my mates are ALWAYS late it ticks me off badly!

When there is ever an event we are to orgnaise i always highlight the punctuality factor but seems no1 listens to me. i just think when a programme is to start, start it off and if ppl miss it tough and finish it of at the time its supposed to cuz ppl have children to feed etc.

"angel" wrote:

Like u to i am very punctual. true say u cant blame the orgnaisers if the ppl turn up late...i cant stand it when ppl are late and unfortunetly for me my mates are ALWAYS late it ticks me off badly!

When there is ever an event we are to orgnaise i always highlight the punctuality factor but seems no1 listens to me. i just think when a programme is to start, start it off and if ppl miss it tough and finish it of at the time its supposed to cuz ppl have children to feed etc.

thats a bad habit- esp amongst the Pakis

unfortunetly my sister hasnt clocked on to the fact that if a programme says it'll start at 2 u shouldnt show ur face their until 4....

yet she makes me sit like a saddo at 1.00 :evil:

and its tru that programmes should just start at their right time- its stupid to wait for lazy good for nothing people

this just makes people even MORE lazy

programes shouldnt wait for people

I am always late.

So far the only jobs I have managed to get, I have been late for the interviews. When I have turned up on time, I have been turned down.

Being late works for me.

However we set off at about 9 in the morning, got back after 9pm.

You could not leave the conference, as you would not be allowed to reenter.

The organisation was attrocious. As always.

If you do something for Islam it does not mean you can do it badly.

Besides I get bored very easily. 5 mins and the rest iszzzzzz.

Pages