Last post

"The Great 100" wrote:
[url='I'm the man,' Meshal says :twisted:[/url]

[url= flies to Damascus[/url]

[url= news from Somalia[/url]

[url= says mediation for soldier's release was sabotaged[/url]

[url=

[url=, Muslim Brotherhood hails Hezbollah capture of Israeli soldiers[/url]

[url= Israeli troops killed in heavy fighting sparked by Hizballah kidnap of two Israeli soldiers under heavy rocket-mortar fire early Wednesday. Eleven civilians and soldiers injured[/url]

[url= Injured, One Killed[/url]

[url= Celebrate Kidnapping[/url]

[url= What A Surprise[/url]

[url= Oblivious Resident[/url]

[url= Hizballah rockets land in Haifa[/url]

That sounds like a shopping list

Islam is the Key to paradise but without practice it won't open the gates.

Nice.

[size=10]I feel I'm gonna move on back down south
you know where the water tastes like cherry wine[/size]

May Allah curse the Israelites

And since that's your attitude you needn't be playing victim, or representing the Palestinians that way. Israelite and Israeli being two different things, you are starting out with prejudice rather than responding with truth.

"The Great 100" wrote:
And since that's your attitude you needn't be playing victim.

Soldiers don't get "kidnapped", they get captured. The Israelis have been very clever to label it as a kidnapping, as if their soldiers were going out for a leisurely walk and were abducted.

Media Coverage:
[url= Approves Wave of Lebanon Air Strikes ...[/url]

Collective punishment = pure evil

"(*_Shazan" wrote:
"The Great 100" wrote:

Soldiers don't get "kidnapped", they get captured. The Israelis have been very clever to label it as a kidnapping, as if their soldiers were going out for a leisurely walk and were abducted.

Captured human capital in return for demands being met = kidnapped hostages.

"(*_Shazan" wrote:

Using the term "Israelites" in such a context is anti-Semitic.

Keep it to the IDF or Israeli gov. This way you wont be being anti-Semitic but criticising the actions of the Israeli gov and IDF.

"Beast" wrote:
"(*_Shazan" wrote:

Using the term "Israelites" in such a context is anti-Semitic.

Keep it to the IDF or Israeli gov. This way you wont be being anti-Semitic but criticising the actions of the Israeli gov and IDF.

It’s ironic the Israelites, Israeli past and presence governments, IDF, all those filthy serpents have taken on all the traits of the Nazi

"The Great 100" wrote:
"(*_Shazan" wrote:
"The Great 100" wrote:

Captured human capital in return for demands being met = kidnapped hostages.

Amazing that the world doesn’t know of daily human right abuses handed out to the Palestinians by the Nazi disguised in IDF uniforms- call them terrorist, IDF= the army of Shaytan

Quote:
[b]Extremist group: We kidnapped 2 Palestinians[/b]

‘Gilad Shalhevet Brigades’ organization claims it kidnapped two Palestinians, residents of the Jerusalem area. Group says hostages will be released only in exchange for Israeli soldiers abducted in Gaza, Lebanon
Efrat Weiss

An extremist organization called the “Gilad Shalhevet Brigades” claimed it kidnapped two Palestinians, residents of the Jerusalem area. In a statement issued by the groups it was said that the hostages will be released only in exchange for the Israeli soldiers abducted in Gaza and Lebanon.

Jerusalem District Police said they are looking into the group’s claim.

Thursday afternoon the Ynet news desk received a statement reading: “For your information, a few minutes ago we kidnapped two Palestinian workers in the Jerusalem area. The two are being held in a hidden location and we will conduct negotiation for their release through the media.

“We demand the immediate release of the kidnapped (Israeli) soldiers; if they will not be released within the next 48 hours, the lives of the Palestinians will be in danger.”

The Israelis and Palestinians are at a tipping point in this conflict, and the roadmap is all but dead, the world needs to get involved again like with the Oslo accords and force a more serious settlement again.

"The Great 100" wrote:

[url=

[url= Israeli troops killed in heavy fighting sparked by Hizballah kidnap of two Israeli soldiers under heavy rocket-mortar fire early Wednesday. Eleven civilians and soldiers injured[/url]

So far the Israelis have bombed:

A power station,
Several towns,
and Airport
and a [url= filled with civilians fleeing the bombing of their town.

How is that defensible?! These are blatant warcimes with the excuse of rescuing soldiers as pretexts to just do whatever!

I can't believe the world is letting this happen with their silent commentary on the sideline

International community are impotent.

Only USA can do anything to stop this mess, no other nation or group of nations will have any real effect on what Israel is doing.

I’m not holding my breath for them to act. Bush looked like a rabbit trapped in the headlights last night. Shocked, dazed and unable to move.

"Constantine" wrote:
"The Great 100" wrote:

[url=

So far the Israelis have bombed:

A power station,
Several towns,
and Airport
and a [url= filled with civilians fleeing the bombing of their town.

How is that defensible?! These are blatant warcimes with the excuse of rescuing soldiers as pretexts to just do whatever!

No Dave, as the post above shows, the Israeli view is not getting into all these BBC articles. If you attack me and mine, Dave, I will do absolutely whatever is necessary to stop that, and that is how your list is defensible. Indefensible is the Hamas, Hizbollah, Syria and Iran escalating matters from afar and everyone making out that Israel is stoking the flames. Today dozens more Israelis were injured and killed by rockets fired at Israel, and the BBC won't mention it. What the hell do you expect?

I will be really clear: If the hostages are released, Israel calls off its offensive. If the hostages are not released and more rockets are fired, Israel will intensify both its defensive and offensive actions.

LFP[/url]"]Your Excellency,
Dear Mr. Prime Minister,

It was about time,

We Lebanese congratulate you on your recent actions against the Hezbollah terrorist infrastructure in Lebanon. We urge you to hit them hard and destroy their terror infrastructure. It is not Israel who is fed up with this situation, but the majority of the silent Lebanese in Lebanon who are fed up with Hezbollah and are powerless to do anything out of fear of terror retaliation.

Since Israel's forced withdrawal in 2000, pulling out due to pressure from the Clinton Administration, Hezbollah has not for one day ceased its terror incentives, acts of war and provocations at the border. Hezbollah, with the help of Syria and Iran, turned Southern Lebanon into a terror base supported by 12,000 Iranian missiles threatening every initiative for Peace in general and the security of Israel in particular.

Unfortunately, the West should have understood from the beginning that diplomacy does not work with terrorism, neither the Saudi backed initiatives in Lebanon, it enforces terrorism and acts like a booster for Hezbollah justifications on the ground.

The Lebanese are trapped within their own nation.

We urge you not to hit Lebanese infrastructure, Lebanon is a friendly country, rather hit and destroy Hezbollah's infrastructure in the country.

The IAF raids on suspected Hezbollah strongholds will have a limited effect on this terror organization; an infantry offensive is needed to clean up Southern Lebanon from the threatening missiles and launching bases , destroy Hezbollah infrastructure and consolidate security.

On behalf of thousands of Lebanese, we ask you to open the doors of Tel Aviv Ben Gurion airport to thousands of volunteers in the Diaspora willing to bear arms and liberate their homeland from fundamentalism. We ask you for support, facilitations and logistics in order to win this struggle and achieve together the same objectives: Peace and Security for Lebanon and Israel and our future generations to come.

As of the fighting continue in the north of Israel in order to create security, at the Lebanon Israel border, we ask the world’s nations to endorse your political action and wish you full success in your deterrence against terrorism’s autonomy in Southern Lebanon and Gaza.

Mr. Prime Minister,

Help Lebanon in order to help yourself.

"The Great 100" wrote:

I will be really clear: If the hostages are released, Israel calls off its offensive. If the hostages are not released and more rockets are fired, Israel will intensify both its defensive and offensive actions.

How do you know what will happen?

I'm guessing it will end with a prisoner exchange.

It certainly won't end with Hezbollah giving up the prisoners for nothing or their rescue by Israel or the Lebanese army.

"latifah" wrote:

Only USA can do anything to stop this mess, no other nation or group of nations will have any real effect on what Israel is doing.

If the Palestinians release their hostages, the Israelis will call off the offensive. There are no other conditions. If the international community or America can arrange it, good. I doubt they can.

"salaf" wrote:
"The Great 100" wrote:

How do you know what will happen?

I'm guessing...

I have told you the Israeli policy, consistent with pretty much all comment from right, left and centre. Hamas took hostages. For this they will not receive any reward. For now I have to go. Shabbat Shalom to everybody.

"The Great 100" wrote:
"latifah" wrote:

If the Palestinians release their hostages, the Israelis will call off the offensive. There are no other conditions. If the international community or America can arrange it, good. I doubt they can.

If the Israelis stop blitzing the hell out of Lebanon and Gaza and release the women and children they hold in their jails/dungeons then the chances for peace would increase.

Israel’s brutal collective revenge on innocent civilians is despicable.

How many more dead Arabs before Israel’s blood lust is sedated?

US Government are cowards.

Quote:
[b]Hezbollah leader vows 'open war'[/b]

Hezbollah leader Hassan Nasrallah has promised "open war" against Israel, in an address broadcast shortly after his Beirut offices were bombed by Israel.

The militant group said its leader was unhurt in the attack. It was not clear when his remarks were recorded.

The raid came as Israel stepped up its offensive to free two Israeli soldiers seized by Hezbollah. More than 60 Lebanese have been killed so far.

Israel's chief of staff, Dan Halutz, said the soldiers were still alive.

A third soldier, captured by Palestinian militants in the Gaza Strip where Israel is conducting a separate operation, is also still alive, he said.

Hezbollah has continued rocket attacks on northern Israel - 70 were fired on Friday alone.

A mother and daughter died in an attack on the town of Meron. Two Israelis died in attacks on Thursday.

Sheikh Nasrallah, in an address on Hezbollah's TV channel in Lebanon, threatened Israel, saying: "You wanted an open war and we are ready for an open war."

He referred to an Israeli warship he said had launched attacks from of the coast of Lebanon, saying: "Look at the warship that has attacked Beirut, while it burns and sinks before your very eyes."

Israel later confirmed that one of its warships had been lightly damaged by rockets fired from the shore.

The Hezbollah leader promised "war on every level". He said the Israeli coastal city of Haifa would come under attack, "and believe me, even beyond Haifa".

"Our homes will not be the only ones to be destroyed, our children will not be the only ones to die," he said.

The crisis began when Hezbollah guerrillas seized two Israeli soldiers in a cross-border raid from Lebanon on Wednesday. Eight Israeli troops were also killed.

Israel responded with a major offensive - its biggest in more than two decades. The targets included not only Hezbollah positions but strategic sites like main roads, bridges and Beirut's international airport.

Residential areas near Hezbollah positions have been hit in air strikes, the group said.

Israel has warned residents by leaflet to stay away from Hezbollah locations.

In an emergency meeting of the UN Security Council, Lebanon called for an end to the Israeli operation.

The offensive was destroying infrastructure and causing the death of innocent civilians in full view of the international community, said Nouhad Mahmoud, Lebanon's ambassador to the UN.

Israeli Ambassador Dan Gillerman said Israel had no choice but to react to Hezbollah's aggression, describing the group as "merely the finger on the bloodstained and long-reaching arms of Syria and Iran".

The escalation has sparked international calls for restraint.

French President Jacques Chirac said the Israeli air strikes were "completely disproportionate" and the Vatican described them as an attack on a sovereign and free nation.

Mr Olmert said he would agree to a ceasefire if Hezbollah returned the two captured soldiers and stopped firing rockets at northern Israel, and Lebanon implemented UN Security Council resolution 1559, calling for the disarmament of the militant group.

Hezbollah has said the captured soldiers will not be returned without a release deal for Palestinian, Lebanese and other Arab prisoners held in Israeli jails.

Lebanon have been more than patient, it's about time....

"latifah" wrote:

If the Israelis stop blitzing the hell out of Lebanon and Gaza and release the women and children they hold in their jails/dungeons then the chances for peace would increase.

Israel’s brutal collective revenge on innocent civilians is despicable.

How many more dead Arabs before Israel’s blood lust is sedated?

US Government are cowards.

Fascist state has no limit to its brutality all derived from Talmud bible- Zionist wish to expand it’s current boarders and thus plant the seeds of another generation wishing destruction on Israel.

Quote:
[b]Lebanon PM pleads for ceasefire[/b]

Lebanon's prime minister has made an emotional appeal for a ceasefire after a fourth day of Israeli strikes sparked by Hezbollah's capture of two soldiers.

Fouad Siniora urged the UN to supervise a truce to end Israeli raids that have killed more than 80 Lebanese.

The Arab League added to calls for the UN to act - its secretary general said the Middle East peace process was dead.

The conflict also dominated the G8 summit in Russia whose president called for "maximum effort" to defuse tension.

Mr Siniora asked all Lebanese to be united and stand behind their government.

He said his government knew nothing of Hezbollah's border raid that captured the two Israeli soldiers and left eight more dead last Wednesday.

Mr Siniora called the Israeli operation a "murderous machine" but said Lebanon would prevail.

He added: "Lebanon is a disaster zone... and [it] pleads to its friends in the world to rush to its aid."

Israel expanded its bombardment on Saturday, attacking a large number of targets across the country.

Warplanes fired rockets on the Lebanon-Syrian border and hit the centre of Beirut for the first time.

Eighteen Lebanese civilians, including women and children, were killed on the coastal road to the southern city of Tyre when their vehicles were struck by missiles as they fled a village.

Hezbollah's offices in Beirut were destroyed. The militant group launched rockets on the town of Tiberias in its deepest such attack into Israel. Four Israelis were injured.

Israel has deployed Patriot interceptor missiles in the northern port city of Haifa which was hit by rockets earlier.

[u][size=12][b]It also warned Lebanon not to fire on Israeli aircraft.[/b][/size][/u]

"Israel has avoided harming the Lebanese army until now, but Israel will not hesitate to strike at any party that operates against it," a military spokeswoman said.

In Cairo, Arab foreign ministers holding an emergency conference blamed the current outbreak of violence on the failure of the Middle East peace process.

Secretary General Amr Moussa said the process was dead.

The final resolution of the meeting called for an immediate ceasefire and a plan to take the Arab-Israeli conflict back to the UN Security Council.

At the G8 summit in St Petersburg, Russian President Vladimir Putin called for the world to make the "maximum effort" to defuse tension.

He condemned "terrorist acts that involve kidnapping people".

But he added: "We have the impression that, besides rescuing the servicemen who have been abducted, Israel is pursuing other, wider objectives."

US President George W Bush put the blame squarely on Hezbollah and said Syria should act to curb the group's operations.

In other Israeli attacks on Saturday:

-Warplanes struck the northern port city of Tripoli and carried out raids in north and north-eastern Lebanon for the first time

-strikes targeted the port and a lighthouse in Beirut

-three civilians were killed in an Israeli attack in Hermel, on the border with Syria, Hezbollah's al-Manar TV said

-warplanes also targeted sites in the eastern city of Baalbek.

The Israeli Army said any responsibility for endangering the civilian population rested with Hezbollah.

Thousands of foreigners are leaving Beirut, leaving its economy in tatters.

Countries including the US and France are making plans to evacuate their nationals from Lebanon.

[url]

Israel is bombing the whole country and they expect Lebanon not to defend itself.

The Israeli government is more stupid than I thought.

[color=blue][b]Deadly Hezbollah attack on Haifa[/b][/color]
[color=indigo]
Rockets fired by Hezbollah militants in Lebanon have killed at least nine people and wounded dozens of others in the coastal Israeli city of Haifa.

Meanwhile, Israeli jets have hit targets in the south of the Lebanese capital Beirut, including Hezbollah's al-Manar TV and a power station.

At least 100 Lebanese, most of them civilians, have been killed in five days of Israeli air strikes.

The Israeli air raids began after Hezbollah seized two Israeli soldiers.[/color]
[color=blue][b]
Cars abandoned[/b][/color]

[color=indigo]The rocket attack on Haifa is the worst attack on Israel since hostilities with Lebanon broke out, and Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert has warned it could have "far-reaching consequences".

"Our government is determined to do everything necessary to reach our objectives. Nothing will prevent us," Mr Olmert said.

It is the second time Haifa has been hit by Hezbollah rockets in recent days.
In a first salvo at least 13 rockets were reported to have landed in the city. The majority of those killed and injured were at a train station which was hit.

According to Israel Radio a second wave of four rockets then hit, one landing in city street. People driving on the roads in Haifa reportedly abandoned their cars as they fled from the onslaught.

The BBC's Bethany Bell in Jerusalem says that until now it had been thought that towns like Haifa, which is some 30km (19 miles) south of the Lebanese border and, Tiberias, on the Sea of Galilee, which was attacked on Saturday, had been out of range of Hezbollah's rockets.

More than 400 rockets have been fired into Israel by Hezbollah since Wednesday and, with the rockets penetrating ever further into the country, Israelis living all the way south to Tel Aviv have now been told to be on the alert, says the BBC's Mike Wooldridge in Jerusalem.

The militant group has claimed responsibility for the attack, saying it was retaliation for the deaths of Lebanese civilians and the destruction of the country's infrastructure during the Israeli air raids.[/color]
[b]
[color=blue]TV appeal[/color]
[/b][color=indigo]
The BBC's Ian Pannell in Beirut says that there have already been a number of Israeli air strikes against Lebanese targets on Sunday. In the southern suburbs of Beirut, Hezbollah's al-Manar TV was attacked.

The station's Foreign Editor Ibrahim al-Moussawai said that staff there had now taken precautions to move keep their new broadcasting location from the Israelis.

A major power station in Beirut was also attacked. Our correspondent in the city says that the fire engines sent to put out the burning power station ran out of water and there was an appeal on Lebanese TV for local people to go and assist.

There was also a raid in the eastern city of Baalbek, where local Hezbollah leaders were believed to have gathered.

Foreign nationals have been leaving Lebanon to escape the violence. Our correspondent says that at first they were joined by a small number of locals who opted to stay with relatives in areas that were not being targeted or cross the border into Syria.[/color]
[b]
[color=blue]City exodus[/color][/b]

[color=indigo]As the violence has escalated the number of locals attempting to flee has grown, but with the Israelis targeting the border areas and nearby roads, this has become increasingly difficult. On Saturday, Lebanon's Prime Minister Fouad Siniora made an emotional appeal for a UN-supervised ceasefire to end the Israeli raids.

However, the current president of the UN Security Council, French ambassador Jean-Marc de La Sabliere, said there would be "no agreement tonight" on a truce statement following a closed-door session late on Saturday.

Lebanese diplomats blamed the US for blocking the ceasefire move.

Lebanese representative Nouhad Mahmoud said he was "very disappointed" and that this would "send a very wrong signal not only to the Lebanese people, but to Arab people".[/color]

[url= News[/b][/url]

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

ALLAHummunsur ikhwaananal Mujahideen fee sabilika fee kulli makaan.
ALLAHummunsurhum ala adduwika wa adduwihim.

Oh ALLAH assist our Mujahideen Brothers in Your Path in all places.
Oh ALLAH assist them against Your enemies and their enemies.

ameen.

Beautiful dua.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

Some canadians were just killed... you can't even flee Lebanon now

Yup, 8 Canadians.

The roads leaving it have been destroyed. So has the airport. And there is a sea blockade.

All to free two soldiers.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
All to free two soldiers.

I doubt that. I suspect this has more to do with the ego of Olmert than anything else - he's a brand new Prime Minister out of nowhere and he needs to show he's not weak.

I expect as much from this area of the world honestly - they all hate each other and the only thing keeping them from killing each other off is the fact we'd shun them forever or intervene.

But oh wait... we're not intervening - why shouldn't Israel attack everyone in the area, they can, they want to - and nobody is going to stop them.

It's total insanity - this is the world's fault for not doing anything.

As I understand it (probably not very clearly):

Syria nurtures Hizbullah in Lebanon against the desires of The Lebanese people. The Lebanese want Hizbullah to leave their country or make South Lebanon their independant state. Israel would take on Syria as punishment for Hizbullah's Rockets/attacks but they aren't strong enough. They would get wasted so instead they attack South Lebanon to try and get hits on Hizbullah as much as possible. They would prefer not to hit Lebanon but have to make some sort of hit so Hizbullah can take some form of punishment.

Anyone else praying for peace?

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

"Dawud" wrote:

Syria nurtures Hizbullah in Lebanon against the desires of The Lebanese people. The Lebanese want Hizbullah to leave their country or make South Lebanon their independant state. Israel would take on Syria as punishment for Hizbullah's Rockets/attacks but they aren't strong enough. They would get wasted so instead they attack South Lebanon to try and get hits on Hizbullah as much as possible. They would prefer not to hit Lebanon but have to make some sort of hit so Hizbullah can take some form of punishment.

Anyone else praying for peace?

I'll pray for peace but I doubt it will ever happen, God loves us enough to let us chart our own way even into horrendous mistakes.

It's not God we need to count on, it's us.

Something like 40% of lebanon is shi'a - the hizbullah party has the biggest party in the lebanese government. To try and cut them off from the people of lebanon is not true based on the facts.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Dawud" wrote:

That's not right. What are your sources? Your sources must be really compromised if that's what they're telling you. Israel is invariably the aggressor - if anyone tells you any diferent they are misinformed, biased or just plain lying.

Hizbullah started out after Israel invaded Lebanon during the 1980s.

The Lebanese don't want Hezbollah to leave. Hezbollah [i]are[/i] Lebanese. They started out as a resistence movement and are now a legitimate political party.

Hezbollah probably does get some funding from Iran and Syria. But that doesn't make them an arms of Iran or Syria. Iran and Syria are united by their enmity towards Israel. Otherwise they'd have nothing to do with each other.

Israel is a heavily militarised state. It would whoop Syria's behind in a war. It's Syria that is afraid of Israel - not the other way around.

Israel is the only country in the region with nukes. That's why it doesn't want Iran to get it's own nukes. Israel is trying tp pressure the US into a war on Iran for this reason. That's why we are hearing Iran being mentioned so often in the reporting on the current crisis.

The Israelis don't mind attacking Lebanon - they've done it many many times in the past. (Read [url= the Nation[/url].) If they were really trying to target Hezbollah, they wouldn't have hit an airport, a village, power stations and apartment blocks. What have 8 Canadians got to do with Hezbollah?

Anything fired into Israel is nowhere near as powerful as the missiles Israel fires into Lebanon and Palestine. Further, rockets that are fired into Israel rarely hit any real targets - they are imprecise and many get fired into open fields. Israel's missiles invariably destroy lives, homes, and infastructure - and they're supposed to be precision strikes.

Get new sources for your info. Start with these:

Beast,

"Your sources must be really compromised if that's what they're telling you. Israel is invariably the aggressor - if anyone tells you any diferent they are misinformed, biased or just plain lying."

I suggest having seen your sources that they are as partisan as mine, and the above statement certainly is. I find your post jaundiced in the extreme, not least your reading of the relationship between Hizbullah, Iran and Syria.

Med,

Christians make up about 40% of Lebanon, Shia 30%, Sunni 20%, Druze 5%, Alawi 1% and other religions 4%. It is clearly incorrect that most of the population is Shia and pro-Hizbullah.

What Dawud wrote reflects my understanding also.

This is presently all I have time for and I'll be substantial tomorrow.

Pages