world cup

327 posts / 0 new
Last post

And they keep booing Christiano Ronaldo, fair enough boo him for a match or two but some of these idiots now have a vendetta against him, camon give the guy a break.
It was Rooney's fault not Ronaldo's that Rooney got a red card maybe if he kept his cool and didnt act like an overgrown spoilt child, maybe then he would have stayed on and scored a goal for England.

But anyway i predict France will win today, hope they do it will be a good going away present for Zidane.

Italy are good too but theyre too stuck up and i really dont want them to win.

Islam is the Key to paradise but without practice it won't open the gates.

Italy win during penalty shoot out. They've looked great through out the tournament and a much more stable team this year round. France had a good team and had many chances to score a bit more unstable than Italy but in the end they just didnt have it in them.

Back in BLACK

Wow I never knew Zidane was such a massive jerk, anybody else catch that attack?

Yes Italy won Lol .

Zidane was hilarious :twisted: and the italians even funnier.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

The perfect ending would be for the four top Italian clubs be found guilty of corruption, and relegated tomorrow.

Now that would be icing on the cake!

(for some reason I wanted Italy to win the finals. I do not understand, but in matches I do not control who I favour. One match I hate the team. Next I am rooting for them. and its not always due to the opposition.)

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Zidane shouldnt have done what he did. But the Italians are really arrogant trust me i know ive been to Italy. He probably said something really offensive to Zidane for him to react in the manner he did.

France were still a better side, Italy was lucky.

lol there is never a good excuse to cheer for the french.

in anything

"Don Karnage" wrote:
lol there is never a good excuse to cheer for the french.

in anything

Oh well atleast their rep won the Tennis.

"Don Karnage" wrote:
Isn't Federer Swiss?

The womens i think, i wasnt pay much attention too hyped up for the World cup.

Gotta feel for Zidane.

He will be remembered for losing France the World Cup. In his last ever international. No chance torebuild his reputation. His genius against Brazil overlooked.

Probably not the swansong he wanted...

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

[color=magenta]i cant believe it france lost they shudve one but i admit italy did play consisitently, on zidane no comment cant believe all the teams i want lose wht is that abt?no footie for a while what shud i do now?[/color]

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

"(*_Shazan" wrote:
"Exquisite" wrote:
[color=magenta]france won hoooraaaaaay finally a team i was supporting are thru, lolz finally gna be wicked although italy were the only consistent team in this years world cup i still want france

and sirus we will win the world cup, dont u worry abt that Wink [/color]

Finally afa you made right choice regarding supporting France Lol

As for England wining the world cup- that is a pipe dream, typically they are now talking about lifting wining euro 2008 cup, and they haven’t even qualified yet- when will England ever learn.

[color=magenta]OMG i forget abt euro 2008 we so gna win that, how could i forget, but we are looking for world domination not europe although that euro trophy will do nicely

made wrong choice supporting france Cray 2 Cray 2 Cray 2 oh zidane why ?why? why?[/color]

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin

cant ebleiev how happy i am that france didnt win......and out of the semi-finalists....i knew portugal couldnt win, so i really wanted Italy too

i always say that people in emglan especially understimate the italians....they played well all tournament, and Zidane's penalty was the only goal an opposition player scored past them.....and it was a penalty too!!

I really didnt want to see france win, and even tho i watched highlights at 3am .....i was buzzin off it Biggrin

je deteste Henry, and i think everyone was over-hyping Zidane this tournament...........i know he's a legendary player, but he only turned on the style for one and a half matches really........how he won the player of the tournament today, beats me! it should have easily been Cannavaro, but coz it was his last appearance, i think emotions got in the way of the voters!!

well done to Italy....about time Dirol

so now its Brazil - 5, Italy - 4 , Germany - 3, Argentina - 2, France - 1, Uruguay - 1......oh, and England - 1

as for Zidane v Matterazi....no matter what he said, you cant do that!

all Italy players play in their own country.....therefre they know each others style, and a lot play on the same teams i.e Juve and Milan.....proves why they play so well together

compare that to france and england....Henry cant play with Zidane....Gerrard cant play with Lampard etc

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

Quote:
Italy defender Marco Materazzi has strenuously denied reports that he called Zinedine Zidane a 'dirty terrorist'.

The 32-year-old was responding to suggestions made by the Paris-based anti-racism group SOS Racism that he apparently used the phrase seconds before the France captain head-butted Materazzi in the chest in extra time.

Zidane was sent off as a result of his actions before the Azzurri went on to defeat Les Bleus 5-3 on penalties after a 1-1 extra-time draw in Sunday's World Cup final in Berlin.

SOS Racism claim well informed sources told them of what Materazzi allegedly said to the now-retired Zidane, but the Internazionale player denies making any such statement to the former Real Madrid man.

"It is absolutely not true, I did not call him a terrorist," Materazzi told Italian news agency Ansa.

"I'm ignorant. I don't even know what the word means.

"The whole world saw what happened on live TV."

its from french press, i dont believe it

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Sirus" wrote:
Quote:
Italy defender Marco Materazzi has strenuously denied reports that he called Zinedine Zidane a 'dirty terrorist'.

The 32-year-old was responding to suggestions made by the Paris-based anti-racism group SOS Racism that he apparently used the phrase seconds before the France captain head-butted Materazzi in the chest in extra time.

Zidane was sent off as a result of his actions before the Azzurri went on to defeat Les Bleus 5-3 on penalties after a 1-1 extra-time draw in Sunday's World Cup final in Berlin.

SOS Racism claim well informed sources told them of what Materazzi allegedly said to the now-retired Zidane, but the Internazionale player denies making any such statement to the former Real Madrid man.

"It is absolutely not true, I did not call him a terrorist," Materazzi told Italian news agency Ansa.

"I'm ignorant. I don't even know what the word means.

"The whole world saw what happened on live TV."

its from french press, i dont believe it

According to his teammates, they reported that Materazzi made snidly comments regarding his mother, and she is currently very ill. A segment shown on Channel 4 News.

Who knows?

Either way, France will be back!

What is definitely true, is that France will win another world cup before England ever does.

Thats typical, Italians are very arrogant racist people and thats not generalising. I went to Italy for a week with friends for a holiday and i regret ever stepping foot into that country. There were only a handful of people who were actually nice to us and smiled at us and even bothered talking to us. We used to get dirty looks all the time and you could see it in their eyes the hate they had for us.

The manager even tried blaming us for something that had been broken in the bathroom for probably weeks and i know he would have said bad things about us behind our back when we walked off.

I know for a fact that particular Italian player would have said something really really offensive for Zidane to act like the way he did.
You could tell as he was walking past Zidane he was coming out with smirky comments. I wouldnt be surprise, he probably did cal Zidane a 'dirty terrorist' or commented about his mother.

I'm glad Zidane wacked him one just a pity people will now remember him for what he did. But overall he's one of the best players we've seen in a long time.

"kas" wrote:
I'm glad Zidane wacked him one just a pity people will now remember him for what he did. But overall he's one of the best players we've seen in a long time.

I am not.

If you are goinna go out, go out in style! Why head butt the chest? (I never saw it, but I guess he missed...) that has no flair. But knock a few teeth into his skull and now that is a crimson knockout.

No idea what he said. No idea if Zidane had a 'right' to react. But if you react make it good. Like Keano on that guy he hated.

"yashmaki" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:
"yashmaki" wrote:
apparently in Somalia the militia have banned ppl from watching the world cup, heard it today on radio 4 news.
why?
they say it's against islamic laws :?

:shock:

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"*DUST*" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:
"yashmaki" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:
"yashmaki" wrote:
apparently in Somalia the militia have banned ppl from watching the world cup, heard it today on radio 4 news.
why?
they say it's against islamic laws :?
maybe coz the besharam footballers don't cover their 'awrah. Blum 3

[url=

It is coz of 'unislamic adverts' shown with matches. Apparently there are adverts for alcoholic beverages, which the transitional government allows, ut the up and coming UIC want to eventually ban.

The football watching is not banned in policy. But some segments are trying to inforce it.

as for the world cup, i can't believe italy won. :roll: france were clearly the better team. i was really disappointed with zidane. if him and henry were there at the end france would've won easily...

and re: italians being racist - that's a bit of a stereotype, but i noticed this after the madrid bombings. thank God the brits didn't react the same way after 7/7.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"Admin" wrote:
It is coz of 'unislamic adverts' shown with matches. Apparently there are adverts for alcoholic beverages, which the transitional government allows, ut the up and coming UIC want to eventually ban.

The football watching is not banned in policy. But some segments are trying to inforce it.

i know. but that's not what i was shocked about. click on the 'smiley'.

"*DUST*" wrote:
and re: italians being racist - that's a bit of a stereotype, but i noticed this after the madrid bombings. thank God the brits didn't react the same way after 7/7.

"(*_Shazan" wrote:

Finally afa you made right choice regarding supporting France Lol

Or the wrong one Lol

Didn't watch the match coz i was in London but it was great hearing Italy won. France the losers, if Brazil didnt win they weren't gonna either!

"Admin" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:

i knew about that. and its very sad, sounds similar to wot happened to Ed. at that time of the night its likely the attackers were drunk (aside from being racist). in my experience the majority of the british public are not racist islamophobes or whatever. however every single italian i have met since the madrid bombings has treated me with hostility, maybe its just me. Sad lol.

maybe italians arent that friendly, but that doesnt mean Mattarazi said what he is supposed to have said according to the news.....be it about his kids, his mum, being a terrorist or whatever.........footballers, bar rooney, arent stupid

and during a football match, you get provoked a million and one times, theres no excuse, no matter what he said!

i wonder how many match suspension that headbutt would have been lol

fact is, 1998 world cup Zidane served 2 match suspension for stamping on the Saudi Arabia goalkeeper, and in Serie A he has served 6 match suspension for knocking someone out.........you telling me the saudi goalie called him a terrorist too? or the other geezer called his mum too? Lol

i agree with admin, if that was to be his last act in football........should have done it with a bit more style, try to topple Cantona's flying kick, or Keane's intentional legbreak that ended Haalands' career........i have the clip of that on my pc lol, funny everytime

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Sirus" wrote:
maybe italians arent that friendly, but that doesnt mean Mattarazi said what he is supposed to have said according to the news.....be it about his kids, his mum, being a terrorist or whatever.........footballers, bar rooney, arent stupid

and during a football match, you get provoked a million and one times, theres no excuse, no matter what he said!

i wonder how many match suspension that headbutt would have been lol

fact is, 1998 world cup Zidane served 2 match suspension for stamping on the Saudi Arabia goalkeeper, and in Serie A he has served 6 match suspension for knocking someone out.........you telling me the saudi goalie called him a terrorist too? or the other geezer called his mum too? Lol

i agree with admin, if that was to be his last act in football........should have done it with a bit more style, try to topple Cantona's flying kick, or Keane's intentional legbreak that ended Haalands' career........i have the clip of that on my pc lol, funny everytime

Bro it's easy saying that when we are not in his position, i can only imagine how hurt he must have felt after that cold heartless remark. Materazzi played it very clever because he must have known his mum is ill and to me it felt like that Materazzi had planned the attack and he wanted Zidane to respond in the manner he did.

Im glad Zidane smacked him one and he shouldnt feel ashamed by it because he was provoked and a very serious remark was made against his mum. We all love our mum's dearly and i for one will do the same if i was was provoked like that.
I know alot of people will now naturally think of that headbutt when they think of Zidane just like we all think of that flying kick when we think of Cantona.

But beside all that people who have followed his footballing career know that he keeps himself to himself, he's not a loudmouth like Rooney or a back stabber like Ronaldo. He is undoubthly one of the best players France has ever had the privlidge of having.

Go Zidane............., just unfortunate it had to end like this, but overall his legendry still goes on and his impact on football way overshadows that little headbutt incident.

Bro....your making more an issue out of it than it already is.

Undoubtedly Zidane is one of the best of his era, will always be remembered for his football......this incident will be soon forgottten. in his prime, no-one could touch him.

jus coz italians dont like you and you dont like italians, lets not get all emotional on this lol. neither me or you were on the pitch, and Matterazi has refuted comments that he insulted Zidane's mum ro called him a terrorist. we cant say its true, all we know is that he said something very insulting....which happens all the time.

according to matterazi:

Quote:
"I held his shirt, for only a few seconds," said Materazzi, who had scored Italy's equaliser after Zidane put France ahead from the penalty spot.

"He turned towards me and scoffed at me, looking at me with super arrogance, up and down.

"He said 'if you really want my shirt, you can have it later.'

"It's true, I shot back with an insult."

bbc:

Quote:
But it remains unclear exactly what was said and the BBC has broadcast two different versions.

BBC Radio Five Live asked for help from a deaf lip reader, Jessica Rees, who read the words phonetically to an Italian translator.

She deciphered the insult as being "you're the son of a terrorist whore" - a translation also carried by many national newspapers in Britain on Tuesday.

The BBC's Ten O'Clock News also called in experts to study the television footage of the incident and determined the following:

Materazzi's first word to Zidane was "no" before he then told him to "calm down".

He then accused him of being a "liar" and wished "an ugly death to you and your family" on the day the Frenchman's mother had been taken to hospital ill. This was followed by "Go f*** yourself".

but Matterazi again....

Quote:
Materazzi added: "I am ignorant, I don't even know what an Islamic terrorist is; my only terrorist is her," he said pointing to his 10-month-old daughter.

"I did not bring up Zidane's mother; for me a mother is sacred."

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Salam

Every person watching that game knew that France will win the against Italy.

Zidane is regarded as the greatest football player in the world.

In the World Cup Final on Sunday in Germany, he attacked an Italian player on the field.

Earlier during the match when score was still 1-1, the Italian players had got together and plotted to beat France by any means necessary. The team agreed to try to get the match to drag on until the the penalties. Italians desperately wanted to win the trophy at a time when Italy was facing football corruption and match fixing.

Therefore, they make a plan to get France's best player off the field. Zidane had to be provoked into an act that would ensure a severe punishment. Italian team was well aware Zidane's temper problem.

France would have won this match.

About 10 minutes before the end of the match, the Italian
player Marco Materazzi softly held Zidane from behind and whispered in his ear:

"I slept with your mother last night."

Zidance tried to ignore him. Then Marco said:

"She is an Algerian whore."

At that point Zidane lost it completely.

Marco Materazzi was struck with a fierce blow to the chest.

The Referee ordered the greatest player to be ejected from the tournament.

France went on to lose the world cup.

And Italy won by cheating.

This was all live from Berlin on the BBC. Sunday 9:41 pm BST 9 July 2006.

Omrow

Pages