world cup

327 posts / 0 new
Last post

"The Great 100" wrote:
"Exquisite" wrote:
[color=magenta]hooray to the Great 100, you're 100% correct he got it spot on come on England[/color]

And hooray to England! And Exquisite!

Must say, Cole and Gerard scored wonderful goals but as well as equalising Sweden had loads of chances, too many, and the referee could have given a couple more vital decisions against us. Although we were expecting a tough match and got one, both teams were overstretched and lacklustre and we might face a struggle now given Rooney's form, Owen's injury and Ferdinand limping off. Ecuador should be a cinch and a chance to settle back and show off. We just need to be in top form for the quarter finals and beyond. Come on England!

[color=magenta]yet again i hve to agree with, owen's injury was horrific but still we topped the group n the main thng is we are palying ecuador n not germany, so we are likely to meet them in the final, engalnd all the way[/color]

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

"*DUST*" wrote:
"The Great 100" wrote:
Loser!

oy! :shock: atleast i'm not being a traitor and supporting brazil like most! Wink

I am allowed to not support england....the swedens could have thrashed england but they missed out, damn!

Angel is correct.

Sverige! They should have won, Carragher handball!! Oh well, after Gerrard's goal I was happy that Sverige at least equalised and kept their unbeaten record against England which stretches back 38 yrs.

Almost lost my voice when that equaliser went in, ok it wasnt pretty but neither was the defending. I really wanted England to face Deutschland, who beat Polska, who are now out. Lol.

Quarter finals hopefully will be it. 1st time they come up against a decent side they're exposed for what they are. Lol

Traitors? Lol, The 100 don't make me laugh! It's hardly treason.

The media, government, tried to blow us, but they can't out the flame, or doubt the name.

"*DUST*" wrote:
"The Great 100" wrote:
Loser!

oy! :shock: atleast i'm not being a traitor and supporting brazil like most! Wink

anyway having said all that in my last post, i probably will end up watching England's games, seeing as how its hard to avoid in my house. lol :roll:

Smile

I shouldn't have called you a loser, you're great.

"Allahuakbar" wrote:
Traitors? Lol, The 100 don't make me laugh! It's hardly treason.

Hardly or nay treason is treason, and this is football, on the telly. A healthy outlet if ever there was one and no excuse for turning coat. Angel is Scottish and that's another thing. If I was Scottish I might also support Brazil and have bad teeth.

I apologise again to Admin and Dust.

[size=10]I feel I'm gonna move on back down south
you know where the water tastes like cherry wine[/size]

I'll have a nice chuckle along with the Scots when England get knocked out. Asian peeps wearing england tops, waving flags, union jacks on the nails, sucking up to the goray. Then gettin called a p*ki. Brings them down to earth with a bump. I'd rather not.

The media, government, tried to blow us, but they can't out the flame, or doubt the name.

"Allahuakbar" wrote:
I'll have a nice chuckle along with the Scots when England get knocked out. Asian peeps wearing england tops, waving flags, union jacks on the nails, sucking up to the goray. Then gettin called a p*ki. Brings them down to earth with a bump. I'd rather not.

To me you are the rising damp.

When was the last time you were called a Paki by a native-born Englishman?

And you do know that in this country if you lose out to racism you have every legal means available to receive compensation?

On the other hand if you call people goray I don't care what they want to call you. Rising damp.

[size=10]I feel I'm gonna move on back down south
you know where the water tastes like cherry wine[/size]

You're funny! :roll:

Well, if u can take the post-world cup OTT celebrations which'll no doubt last 500 years then cheer on your boys. I for one, can't. We'll see how far they go. There are some english ppl who dont even support england. I wonder why! And if an asian lad wore an england top to school he got the p*ss taken outta him by his asian mates.

I'll stick to supporting Pakistan, like I did in the cricket series against england over there, and over here this summer.

The world cup is Argentina's.

"Allahuakbar" wrote:
if an asian lad wore an england top to school he got the p*ss taken outta him by his asian mates.
why? that's dum(b).

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"*DUST*" wrote:
"Allahuakbar" wrote:
if an asian lad wore an england top to school he got the p*ss taken outta him by his asian mates.
why? that's dum(b).

He was seen as being over zealous. The mentality (not mine) is that if you're pakistani you can only support pakistan. Anything else and u r sucking up.

Everyone is free to support who they want, I was just giving my reasons for not supporting england. Lets all do the Crouchy, lets all do the Crouchy, na na na na lol

i don't think England will win, but what's wrong with an asian guy/girl supporting England? It's natural if you were born here to want to support them, it has nothing to do with being loyal to "white pp" over "pakistani, Bengali" ppl or whatever ethnicity you are. Why do we need to bring ethnicity into this?

Sometimes ethnic minorities are guilty of pulling out the race card when it really doesn't exist. We complain if White English ppl refuse to accept us as british, but if they accept us we say "we ain't supporting gora, i'd rather support Pakistan or Bangladesh"

I can;'t understand ppl who support Bangaldesh or Pakistan when in every other facet of their life in the Uk they will ridicule every aspect of their ethnic culture as if they're ashamed, i.e freshy ppl, freshy food, i ain't marrying a freshy, or going back home blah blah blah. But ironically when it comes to Cricket or footy they swear allegiance to their native land. So now you're not ashamed to associate with Pakistanis or Bangaldeshis, but otherwise you want to keep your distance from them?

Don't get me wrong i;m not saying as british asians we should automatically support England in the world cup, i'm just highlighting the rank irony of the whole situation.

We have some serious identity issues amongst the asian community, and the word goray v asians doesn't help.

I think you have the right to support who ever you like, in football and in the world cup im anti-england twisted

want them to lose, cant wait till they lose and gonna cel;ebrate when they lose - shouldnt be long soon after ecaudor there gonna have to play someone good twisted

the thing is british pakistanis cant relate to england, cus we dont feel accepted by them, imagine a haji with a beard going to an england world cup match supporting england, would the english supporters warm to him , i think not ?

i could never have a england flag on my car/house or even an england t-shirt - however the day england has a pakistani player playing for them its argentina/spain/holland/purtogul/ brazil/ italy all the way D

In cricket it makes sense to support pakistan over england cuz we always whip em and england are crap twisted

[b]This is an article of our local newpaper:[/b]

Football mad Juel decorates his car with 66 flags
12/06/06

FOOTBALL mad Juel Miah from the Isle of Dogs is showing his support for England by decking his car out with 66 flags – a reference to England’s World Cup win in 1966.

It took 24-year-old Juel and his mates three hours to decorate his Honda Civic.

“The response from the public has been fantastic with fellow motorists flashing their lights, and honking their horns,” Juel told East End Life. “One guy even asked if he could have his photo taken of him in the car.

“I really want England to win and if they come home with the World Cup I am going to sell my car, and the money raised will go to a charity.”

[img]

i know someone by that name loool. Does the isle of dogs exist lol? I'd never own up to living on the isle of dogs..woof! You'd get teased :shock:

My mate lives in isle of dogs and it's not a bad area.

Docklands are considered to be in isle of dogs....I think.

Theres a shopping mall in canary wharf (docklands) if you've ever been there.

"Muslim Bro" wrote:
[b]This is an article of our local newpaper:[/b]

Football mad Juel decorates his car with 66 flags
12/06/06

FOOTBALL mad Juel Miah from the Isle of Dogs is showing his support for England by decking his car out with 66 flags – a reference to England’s World Cup win in 1966.

It took 24-year-old Juel and his mates three hours to decorate his Honda Civic.

“The response from the public has been fantastic with fellow motorists flashing their lights, and honking their horns,” Juel told East End Life. “One guy even asked if he could have his photo taken of him in the car.

“I really want England to win and if they come home with the World Cup I am going to sell my car, and the money raised will go to a charity.”

[img]

[color=magenta]
lolz yeah i saw the guy on east end life n even driving pass quite a few times i find the car so hilarious [/color]

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

I think the guy is a....I'm not going to say the word.

In the article he says he will sell the car and give the money to charity if England wins the world cup.

In fact he doesn't want to sell his car and give the money to charity....the reason he's saying this is because England won't win the world cup lol.

[color=magenta]ha ha lets not question his intention, but i fink its quite a good thng he is doing, if england win

OMG Micheal Owen is injured sooooooooooooooooooooooo sad Cray 2 Cray 2 cant believe massive loss to england might end his career[/color]

Even though i dont support england i felt really sorry for owen, shame. Even less chance of england winning now Blum 3

Nas - A lot of asain British people can relate to their own country hence they support england but it's an individuals choice who they support at the end of the day.

"nAS786" wrote:

the thing is british pakistanis cant relate to england, cus we dont feel accepted by them, :

As a British Pakistani, I can not relate to such sentiments.

"MuslimSister" wrote:
"nAS786" wrote:

the thing is british pakistanis cant relate to england, cus we dont feel accepted by them, :

Dirol Wink

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

ok where are we upto on this thread....

couldnt watch the last few days, but i saw how england lost it at the end....they arent goood enough, support em all you want and be optimistic...but mark my words, semi-final at THE MOST

cmon brazil

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"MuslimSister" wrote:
"nAS786" wrote:

im extremely happy for you Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin congratulations Smile Smile Smile

but i was refering to those british pakistanis who do not support the english football team

I agree with the posts by Nas786 and Sirus altho I can see we are split on this one.

It will be good when the flags come down and the excuses come out. Lol.
Face it, they're crap. I bet even ecuador will give em a good game.

"nAS786" wrote:
"MuslimSister" wrote:
"nAS786" wrote:

im extremely happy for you Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin congratulations Smile Smile Smile

but i was refering to those british pakistanis who do not support the english football team

I don't support the England team, only cos I'm not into footie...

If I was into footie, I'd most prob would support England.

I just came to gloat, brazil won 4-1 haha, brazil is back! Biggrin

Must say though japan had great defence...

That match was great, one to watch.... Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin

Why don't you support Scotland?

oh.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

lol cheeky....anyway i dont think you guys have much to gloat bout anyway, england dont look their best this time round and they dont look strong enough to win the world cup so ha ha ha (do u suport england?)

What do you mean?

I support Ghana.

I did mention that I was rating for an outside team to get a chance. It much more interesting this way.

Just as certain they will not win, but no idea when they will fail.

And yeah I 'support' England. Just as much as much I support any other team.

Not into international football. Club football si better.

SO I generally support the underdog in that particular game.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Angel" wrote:
I just came to gloat, brazil won 4-1 haha, brazil is back! Biggrin

Must say though japan had great defence...

That match was great, one to watch.... Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin

Yup

for all the brazil doubters, ronaldo haters.....now open ya gob's! Biggrin

may be fat, but he now shares the record for most goals in the world cups, 1 more and he's ahead....easy.

what style, what class, what passing, what goals.....My Brazil Dirol

and by the way....the whole thing about being british or pakistani or not accepted doesnt have a major part in this, ITS ALL JUS SPORTS. shouldnt be taken out of context....im not a extreme nationalist

i just dont like england footy team, and couldnt imagine myself supporting them

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

[color=magenta]graham poll is a rubbish ref wot the hell was he thnking three yellow cards to one player, lolz glad aussie r thru harry kewell played great,

i actually thot japan were gna win Cray 2 Cray 2 Cray 2 [/color]

Pages