world cup

327 posts / 0 new
Last post

admin, ur waaay to critical....the football has been excellant

ok...maybe croatia v japan and angola v mexico arent the most of exciting of matches.....but we've had excellent matches with the argies, germans, italians, spanish, fun to watch england, etc

and some surprises.....and some goals :shock: gona be hard picking the goal of tournament!

and not half way yet

if engalnd get germany...they gona lose....they get ecuador - it depends, ecuador look good and england dont, but should still beat them

brazil could get italy or czech, or ghana, or USA - its an open group!!

and brazil havnt been at their best, but have won both matches fairly comfortably without getting out of 1st gear

ronaldo was moving today, but was terrible on the ball....how do you miss hit a chance like that :shock:

you dont have to be at your best yet if your brazil...it'll come...they are experienced in tournaments - they are a tournament team unlike england, who lack experience in negotiating their way through the knockout stages

and even tho the argies have impressed the most so far, it only takes one bad match or bad luck, and they are out....its a tournament, sometimes you dont have to at your best in every match to win...ask liverpool!!!

if not brazil, i hope argentina or holland win. probz argentina....messi, tevez, crespo, riquelme, mascherano, saviola, ayala, aimar....class, pure class.....easily beat england, whatever their record against them is!

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"latifah" wrote:
Lol, well done Admin!

I'll have you all speaking my language before too long. (Not just the swearing :oops: )

[i]Hrvatska[/i] are quite boring too watch so I'm going off them rapidly.

It's England all the way. Or maybe Argentina. Or Spain. Or Holland.

lol every time I see Omrow the word "droog" still pops into mind.

Argentina has been looking really good so far, and England!? Ugh. Sooooo overrated.

overrated is an understatement lol

how bad are france?! :shock:

c'est terrible!

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

Well France scored their first goal in the world cup since 1998 today.

Something to celebrate surely? :twisted:

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Sirus" wrote:
overrated is an understatement lol

how bad are france?! :shock:

c'est terrible!

Did you see those commercials with Henry and other black players politely asking the FRENCH fans not to be racist against french players?!

:shock:

"Admin" wrote:
SO far, no team has totally dominated.

Well I think Argentina has, but I have not watched them.

did anyone see the argentina v. serbia match?! 24 passes which lead to the second goal, that was some amazing footwork!

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"*DUST*" wrote:
that was some amazing footwork!

Staring at the legs ehh....

i dnt liek brazil, there so rough, they just seem so aggressive when theyre on the pitch.

smile and be happy!!!

[color=magenta]any1 watched France n s.koreas match framce are playing rubbish im so disappointed i dont thnk they will be qualifying for the nxt round[/color]

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

"Muslim Bro" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:

ew. :roll: its an expression silly.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"madiha" wrote:
i dnt liek brazil, there so rough, they just seem so aggressive when theyre on the pitch.

That's why they win. You can't be polite and say here you go, you can take the ball. You have to be rough and tough.

"*DUST*" wrote:
"Muslim Bro" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:

ew. :roll: its an expression silly.

I know, I was only kidding.

[color=magenta]u would thnk brazil already won the world cup the way some of their supporters were celebrating yesterday, i thot a carnival was going on u had drumming n dancing outside my house ppl coming from pubs, n so many asian guys have th brazillian shirt on, they shud b supporting england, eve in bdesh they support brazil n argntina[/color]

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

"Exquisite" wrote:
[color=magenta]n so many asian guys have th brazillian shirt on, they shud b supporting england[/color]

Why should they....England will lose anyway

"Muslim Bro" wrote:
"Exquisite" wrote:
[color=magenta]n so many asian guys have th brazillian shirt on, they shud b supporting england[/color]

Why should they....England will lose anyway

lol excly!

Glad brazil won but they gota work harder if they want to win the world cup but hey they won the match, cud have done better though!

"*DUST*" wrote:

did anyone see the argentina v. serbia match?! 24 passes which lead to the second goal, that was some amazing footwork!

That was an excellent goal. Quick, short passing. Argentina look very good, it would be nice if they win. Actually I dont really mind who wins as long as its not England.

"Exquisite" wrote:
n so many asian guys have th brazillian shirt on, they shud b supporting england

Hell no! Lol. If u wanna support em u go for it. Ive got an Italy top myself, had it for a while. I'd never buy an england top, or wear it coz I dont support em anyway and I dont want english ppl to think Im suckin up, jumpin on the bandwagon. Forget that. They not gonna fully accept us anyway. I know its only sport but still. Cant wait till they come up against a decent team, paraguay and trinidad!! Lol. I fancy Germany to beat them if they play england. IF england somehow manage to win the world cup, we wont hear the last of it. They'll rant on about it till WC 7006.

The media, government, tried to blow us, but they can't out the flame, or doubt the name.

[color=magenta]and i will be not let it go as well, come on england, i dont hav no england shirt waste of money but still want them to win, not like saudi or iran gna win, [/color]

Dave knows nothing about football so let's allow him his mockery. As for Sirus I can only presume his favourite spectator sport is synchronised swimming.

Brazil have not won in Europe since 1958. No other South American team has ever won in Europe. Not exactly a scientific assessment of their chances, but grounds for optimism. I suspect Germany will beat Ecuador and that we will at least draw against Sweden and play Ecuador, and from there the rest of my prediction should hold true prediction that we will face Portugal and then Brazil and then Germany and win. Biggrin Hooray!

[size=10]I feel I'm gonna move on back down south
you know where the water tastes like cherry wine[/size]

Boo (to above)! England to bottle it as always and lose in quarters. Yay!

The media, government, tried to blow us, but they can't out the flame, or doubt the name.

[color=magenta]hooray to the Great 100, you're 100% correct he got it spot on come on England[/color]

"Exquisite" wrote:
[color=magenta]hooray to the Great 100, you're 100% correct he got it spot on come on England[/color]

And hooray to England! And Exquisite!

Must say, Cole and Gerard scored wonderful goals but as well as equalising Sweden had loads of chances, too many, and the referee could have given a couple more vital decisions against us. Although we were expecting a tough match and got one, both teams were overstretched and lacklustre and we might face a struggle now given Rooney's form, Owen's injury and Ferdinand limping off. Ecuador should be a cinch and a chance to settle back and show off. We just need to be in top form for the quarter finals and beyond. Come on England!

That match was crazy, england could have done better though, Sweden had many chances but they lost out on them!

lol watching footy with fam is so funny. when you recall the collective sighs of relief or whoops of joy its actually quite sad that one can get so worked up over a [i]game[/i]. Wink although todays goals by gerrard and cole were excellent, i think i'm done supporting england, in fact i might be done watching footy - it's too depressing watching your country lose. i mean come on, england beating germany AND brazil...? Fool it would take nothing less than a miracle for that to happen. Sad

Loser!

England played very badly from what I saw. They should have lost by a clear margin.

However saying that, its probably a good thing for england, as the twelvfth 'man' lady luck seems to be on their side. So they may get pretty far.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
They should have lost by a clear margin.

:roll: England had plenty of chances as well. Since you wrote "from what I saw" this is just another dig.

Here, comment on this and nobody will know you've made it up:

[img]

"The Great 100" wrote:
:roll: England had plenty of chances as well. Since you wrote "from what I saw" this is just another dig.

Its not a dig.

I finished work at 8. Got a lift home, and managed to watch the second half. And England were absolutely abysmal for most of it.

No idea how they were in first half, but a match is 90 minutes.

Currently the teams prospects are too hyped up.

Doesn't warrant the 'lady luck' remark but fair enough. I bet you two notions we're gonna win.

Three notions.

"The Great 100" wrote:
Doesn't warrant the 'lady luck' remark but fair enough. I bet you two notions we're gonna win.

WHy not? to win the tournament you need luck.

So far its been on our side.

As a chemistry teacher used to say during A levels: 'The more you practice, the better you get, the more luck will find you.'

Or something loike that. It was more profound.

"The Great 100" wrote:
Loser!

oy! :shock: atleast i'm not being a traitor and supporting brazil like most! Wink

anyway having said all that in my last post, i probably will end up watching England's games, seeing as how its hard to avoid in my house. lol :roll:

Pages