Work

46 posts / 0 new
Last post

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

u guys are both Bihari's

Does your aunty come from District Mirpur? cos if she doesnt then she comes from some other Bihari.

I havent had shia kebabs either!

Become obedient to the Chief, Muhammad salallahu alayhi wa sallam, so ALL chiefs become obedient to you.

"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:

a bit surprised with your comments but please do elaborate. why only fields of education and medicine? and why fitnah? and what is necessity? and if you can back it up with Quran, sunnah or ijma that will be great.

wasalaam

This is my view. I do not unfortunately have the inclination to explain. I refer you to Majlis ul Ulama Port Elizabeth South Africa. The stance is made clear by the Majlis website in book section.

Become obedient to the Chief, Muhammad salallahu alayhi wa sallam, so ALL chiefs become obedient to you.

Salaam

Of course kids should never be neglected, however unfortunately despite some mothers being at home all the day some kids are STILL neglected….

So staying at home doesn’t always necessarily mean that kids will be well looked after.

I’m from London, and the house prices here are outrageous…I don’t understand how a husband and wife can make ends meet unless they are both working and have financial help from the family.

Wasalaam

"St George" wrote:

girl at home would have too much time on her hands...prob get bored and start wantin a bit of excitment... Wink

best to keep her occupied...

tis tru

the devil makes work for idle thumbs :twisted:

"yashmaki" wrote:

Furthermore I can understand what Abdus is saying but men create fithna too, your comment implies that women are the main culprits? Muslim men in the west work amongst non muslim women and seem to have no qualms about that. But when their wives want to do the same there's a big wooha. No doubt men need to work to provide but they too should make an effort to find muslim employers who are sympathetic to their segregation needs or seek employment where there will be little contact with the opposite gender. The blame should not be pinned on muslim women alone men too have a responsibility.

I agree strongly with the above paragraph. Muslim men should look for jobs which are in accordance with segregation needs as u put it. I think you exlpained the point sufficiently so will suffice to say that i agee that men also are restricted in work they do.

well said yashmaki, i agree with ur posts on this thread. Smile

at the end of the day, whether or not a married woman [b]needs[/b] to work depends on her hubby's job.

similarly, i feel that whether an unmarried girl works or not depends on the financial situation of her parents; if theyr filthy-rich (mashaAllah :wink:) then she shouldnt really feel the need. if however she feels she's putting a strain on them whenever she asks for some cash, then its understandable.

so there are many things which come into play - i dont think there's a definitive answer to ur question Ed.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

Salaam

I feel that if the girls parents are financially well off and is her husband, I believe that she can work if she wants….as long as others are not inconvenienced as a result.

Islam does not restrict women in their homes. The noble/pious women of the past were not restricted in their homes.

I would hate to live in a society where all men advocated that women should stay at home and not work.

When the wives of such men fell pregnant would they really be OK with her giving birth in front of male doctors?

If God forbid something happened to her, would they really be OK with her being touched and prodded by some male Doctor?

If their daughter started attending public school would they really be OK with her being taught the facts of life by some male teacher?

If they underwent some family crises would they really be OK with their wives opening up to a male counsellor?

Many women wish/need to know how to drive, would the men be OK with their wives spending a significant time alone with some strange male in his car?

On a side note, I know of instances in the Middle East where a wife was in difficult labour however, the husband allowed her to die in labour then to be checked out by a male doctor….

I don't understand the issue with working if internal/external pardah is implemented.

Wasalaam

salaam

i dont know what the big deal is. if a woman wants to work, and the job is halal- whats the problem?

we all emphasise on segregation but how many men out there work in complete segregation- not many, if any?
Every office based environment is one that is mixed....
so its ok for a man to work in a mixed environment but not a woman.....

u see what is intermixing? working in an office with men and women intermixing? speaking to the opposite sex intermixing? scholars have stated intermixing is permissible if its done for dawah, education and work....

if we are to follow Islam literally then to look at a woman, to speak to her, to sit next to her, to work with her will be haram, so we might aswell all leave this country and find employment elsewhere in a Muslim country if there is one anywhere.

you see there are laws in shariah for muslims living in non muslim countries as a minority.

to get back to the point..if a sister goes to work in hijab, work is halal, behaves properly, even if she has to work with men and women there shouldnt be a problem.

wasalaam

salaam

today especially in the West we need:

1. MUSLIM WOMEN MIDWIFES
2. MUSLIM WOMEN NURSES
3. MUSLIM WOMEN DOCTORS
4. MUSLIM WOMEN GAYNOCOLOGISTS
5. MUSLIM WOMEN COUNSELLORS
6. MUSLIM WOMEN PSYCOLOGISTS
7. MUSLIM WOMEN TEACHERS
8. MUSLIM WOMEN DRIVING INSTRUCTORS
9. MUSLIM WOMEN INTERPERATORS/TRANSLATORS
10. MUSLIM WOMEN SCHOLARS
11. MUSLIM WOMEN JOURNALISTS

Muslim women are needed in many differrent field of work. It is a necessity. So dont lock them up in the house please!

wasalaam

I wonder what is the reasoning behind them men who advocate that their women (who are bored and free at home) should stay at home….

I’m not sure if this is based on lack of trust, insecurity or their Islamic understanding…

"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:
Muslim women are needed in many differrent field of work. It is a necessity. So dont lock them up in the house please!

...and dont force them out either! :? the choice should be left to the woman alone.
i dont feel its a 'necessity' either - whats wrong with being taught by a non-Muslim female teacher? or being seen by a non-Muslim female doctor?

Ed, some women may well be qualified doctors/nurses etc, but theyd much rather fulfill their duty to their children than neglect them in order to serve the community.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"Aasiyah" wrote:

Ed, some women may well be qualified doctors/nurses etc, but theyd much rather fulfill their duty to their children than neglect them in order to serve the community.

but many can easily do both

my mum quit nursing about 10 years ago-and that was only cos her eyesight deterioted

there are too many bored, depressed housewives these days

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Aasiyah" wrote:

but many can easily do both

my mum quit nursing about 10 years ago-and that was only cos her eyesight deterioted

ofcourse some can manage both well, that depends on their job.

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
there are too many bored, depressed housewives these days

maybe we get bored too easily Wink

its true that u get two extremes-

some who say that women SHOULD work and others who hold the view that women MUST stay at home

answer lies in the middle-and it should be up to the girl what she decides to do

i get so angry whan dad does my head in to get a job-I' love staying at home

and my sis get so annoyed when dad says to her "cant u ever sit at home"

evry girl is diff

Pages