Number of unmarried women increases every year

56 posts / 0 new
Last post

i dont know about village mentality but i do know about jaheelat ie jahil ple and their mentality.

illiteracy is no criteria for this indeed many illiterate ple from the villages are wise and receptive to good ideas & ways of living islamically

However Jahil ple are a whole special breed to them their ancestral laws and traditions are written in stone and never to be messed with - they dont care if practices are islamic or not

"Admin" wrote:

and what's wrong with village mentality? I may as well get details.

I'm generalising

but from what I've seen illiterate villagers are more likely to hold the view that forced marraiges are OK, unmarried girls are a burden, believe in the caste system and would favour girls over boys

of course some educated people are like that too

but overall illiterate villagers would be MORE likely to hold such views cos thats what they've been taught

a handful of girls I know from my place were forced into marrige to guys from back home-and maried of at a very young age, were seen as being a "burden" and in all cases their parents were illiterate

illiteracy is not akin to stupidity illiterate ple can be very knowledgeable

i think i'll stick to the jahil view these ple can be well educated but still hold the same suffocationg views of their elders

however it would appear that most jahil ple do appear to be illiterate as well what a bummer

"almas" wrote:
Seraph stop quoting Dr Zakir Naik women becoming public property... I've heard that talk as well. I've said before that mans entertaining but he gets basic islamic things so wrong how can anyone trust him.

huh? wots so bad about Dr. Zakir Naik?

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"Aasiyah" wrote:
"almas" wrote:
Seraph stop quoting Dr Zakir Naik women becoming public property... I've heard that talk as well. I've said before that mans entertaining but he gets basic islamic things so wrong how can anyone trust him.

if the guy has referred to women being "public property" then there's a LOT of things wrong with him

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Aasiyah" wrote:
"almas" wrote:

if the guy has referred to women being "public property" then there's a LOT of things wrong with him

"IF" being the main word in tht^ sentence... Wink

still waiting for seema's answer tho.... :?:

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

As a divorcee who should be completely jaded by the idea of marriage, I just don't get people who never want to get spliced.

I know I'm making little sense, but I need food right now. Will maybe return after my brain is sugarred up Blum 3

~Judgements prevent us from seeing the good that lies beyond appearances.~

"God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind that I will never die" ~ Bill Watterson

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Aasiyah" wrote:
"almas" wrote:

As opposed to nothing being wrong with un-married girls walking around... they may aswell have a target painted on their heads to be harrassed.

But if you think girls can take it.

Be my guest, i wont loose no sleep over it.

Back in BLACK

"Seraph" wrote:

As opposed to nothing being wrong with un-married girls walking around... they may aswell have a target painted on their heads to be harrassed.

So unmarried women are more likely to be harrassed then married women?

How can one tell the difference? Since when did a Muslim married woman look any different to an unmarried woman?

Only Hindu women have that necklace round their neck to show that their married...

"MuslimSister" wrote:
"Seraph" wrote:

So unmarried women are more likely to be harrassed then married women?

How can one tell the difference? Since when did a Muslim married woman look any different to an unmarried woman?

Only Hindu women have that necklace round their neck to show that their married...

Guys can tell....

We have our ways.

Back in BLACK

"Seraph" wrote:

Guys can tell....

We have our ways.

Identify some of the differences.

Personally I can't tell the difference.

"MuslimSister" wrote:
"Seraph" wrote:

Guys can tell....

We have our ways.

Identify some of the differences.

Personally I can't tell the difference.

Let me break it down for you:

A guy talks to a girl in passing she tells him shes married etc guy nolonger thinks asian girl he thinks sister and will avoid thinking in any other terms.

A guy talks to a girl in passing shes tells him shes not married yet guy thinks he's in with a chance.

Ofcourse the above is a bit of a generalisation and will be tru of a majority of people (u always get some weirdos).

Hav i made my point?

Back in BLACK

"Seraph" wrote:

Let me break it down for you:

A guy talks to a girl in passing she tells him shes married etc guy nolonger thinks asian girl he thinks sister and will avoid thinking in any other terms.

A guy talks to a girl in passing shes tells him shes not married yet guy thinks he's in with a chance.

Ofcourse the above is a bit of a generalisation and will be tru of a majority of people (u always get some weirdos).

Hav i made my point?

Nope.

Cos most girls that I know would ignore such a question.

Most girls have no inclination to discuss their marital status with strange guys...

Guy only thinks that he's "in with a chance" if the girl allows him to think that or if he's a shamless guy.

"Aphrodite" wrote:
As a divorcee who should be completely jaded by the idea of marriage, I just don't get people who never want to get spliced.

I know I'm making little sense, but I need food right now. Will maybe return after my brain is sugarred up Blum 3

Some friends of mine recently got out of nightmare marriages which has made them “anti-marriage”…its totally understandable.

Other's have re-married...it all depends on the individual.

Personally, I have nothing against marriage overall, however I have a serious issue with the way two people get together in our culture.

girls who are unmarried are more likely to get harrassed then married women?

TYPICAL backwards thinking :roll: :roll:

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

So you'd rather the married ones were more harrassed?

Both are bad, but unfortunately its reality.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

Did I say that? :roll:

NEITHER should be harrased

but never have I come across or even heard someone say that unmarried girls are more likely to be harrassed

most girls DONT discuss their marital status with guys

and other unmarraied girls if they know that the guy is dodgy just tell the guy that they're already married-even if they're not

"MuslimSister" wrote:
"Aphrodite" wrote:

Some friends of mine recently got out of nightmare marriages which has made them “anti-marriage”…its totally understandable.

Other's have re-married...it all depends on the individual.

Personally, I have nothing against marriage overall, however I have a serious issue with the way two people get together in our culture.

I'm not anti-marriage. I'm anti a bloke sharing my space Blum 3 I'll happily marry him if he's willing to live across the street Lol

"God put me on this earth to accomplish a certain number of things. Right now I am so far behind that I will never die" ~ Bill Watterson

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Admin" wrote:
"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

Did I say that? :roll:

NEITHER should be harrased

but never have I come across or even heard someone say that unmarried girls are more likely to be harrassed

most girls DONT discuss their marital status with guys

and other unmarraied girls if they know that the guy is dodgy just tell the guy that they're already married-even if they're not

But with your last statement, you've just proved Eeyore and Admin's point sis - by stating they're married, even if they're not, they KNOW they're more likely to fend off the dodgy blokes as no guy is going to try and muscle in on a married woman. It's not right, no women should get hassled like that, but it's the way it is at the moment.

Salaam

Personally, I think that if a guy has no shame…it wouldn’t matter to him if the girl was married or not.

A girl’s marital status shouldn’t be anyone’s business. It should not be up for discussion.

Such a topic should be avoided completely cos its way too personal. In real life, I totally avoid such questions.

One would think that being “married” is a big deterrence for others…but this is not always the case….for some it’s even more appealing. (i.e. Forbidden love, being taboo, the secrecy, linking up undercover etc etc)…all this adds to the excitement, which is why there are plenty of extra marital affairs going on.

Wasalaam

if guys never tried it on with married women there'd be no such thing as "affairs"

whether a guy tries it on with a girl or not depends on two things

1-if the girl flirts back

2-how shamless the guy is

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
if guys never tried it on with married women there'd be no such thing as "affairs"

whether a guy tries it on with a girl or not depends on two things

1-if the girl flirts back

2-how shamless the guy is

I know married women who initiate the flirting sometimes, because they think it's 'cute' and then are horrified when guys respond likewise :roll:

"Aphrodite" wrote:

I know married women who initiate the flirting sometimes, because they think it's 'cute' and then are horrified when guys respond likewise :roll:

so guys DO respond

being married is not a deterrence for many people

so its wrong to claim that unmarried women are MORE likely to be hit on

esp since we live in a time when people dont care about these things

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Aphrodite" wrote:

so guys DO respond

being married is not a deterrence for many people

so its wrong to claim that unmarried women are MORE likely to be hit on

esp since we live in a time when people dont care about these things

Responding to advances is a length away to initiating them. Who is more at fault? The married girl doing the flirting, or the unmarried guy acknowledging the attention?

both are to blame

married people shouldnt flirt in the first place

others shouldnt respond to their advances

Pages