Rejection/Failure

How do u deal with failure?

I just failed my first driving test a few weeks ago and I was - Cray 2 - all evening long.

Other then that-I havent really failed anything in life

How do u lot deal with rejection or failure?

Are u so used to it that it's no big deal to you anymore? :twisted:

Or are u one of them who bottles up your emotions when you've been rejected or failed something and act like everythings all good?

or are u one of them sad ppl who has got rejected/failed once in life became all depressed and never pursued anything ever again?

State your biggest/worst rejection/failure

Rejection n failure bother me not...It seems the part of the brain which worries, is absent in me, got exams in a few weeks n im here on the forum, posting of lilsis's threads, shows how much i care :twisted:

Or, maybe education jus duznt bother me, i never revised for any exams or tests properly, is it cuz im lazy, i dno, dnt think im lazy, ill do sumthin if i want to. Learnin to drive for instance, i started, n had to stop, now i can start agen, but i jus dunt want to yet, Simple, i jus wunt until i feel like it.

People take life too seriously, relax, u failed one test, so wat, you can take it agen cant you? ofcourse, u always can. Nothin gets me down. Every bad thing which happens, happens for a reason, jus think back to every bad thing which has happened, every failure n every rejection, n look for somthin good which came out of it. Guaranteed therz always a greater good from each bad.

_____________- -SupeRazor- -_______________

Some ppl make their goals the stars.
They may live n die n never reach the stars,
but in the darkness of the night, those stars will guide them to their destination.
Becuz they made them in their eyesight

so razor

u experienced a lot of rejection or failure in life?

I too am a couldnt-give-a-crap-about-anything-in-life kinda girl

except for driving -I'm DYING to get my license

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
so razor

u experienced a lot of rejection or failure in life?

I too am a couldnt-give-a-crap-about-anything-in-life kinda girl

except for driving -I'm DYING to get my license

put it this way....hes still doin 1st year Lol

i dont think you should be couldnt-give-a-crap, but i too tend not to worry or stress about things

every1 else is more worried about me driving than myself :roll:

only exams and uni ive started stressing lately, but thats coz theres a lot of expectation on me, and i feel slightly burdened.....and given what im up against - it is gona be hard............so i do stress a lil about exams, but only do summat about it 2 days before the exams lol

but on the issue of dealing with rejection or failure.............Alhamdulillah i dont think ive been in such a position, and nor do i hope to be!!

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"Sirus" wrote:

but on the issue of dealing with [b]rejection or failure[/b].............Alhamdulillah i dont think ive been in such a position, and nor do i hope to be!!

That reminded me of summin, u kno wat..., i dno y but i still find it funny, LOL

I wudnt say im a dunt-giv-a-crap kinda person..jus in studies so far, lets say im not filfilled, i need an aim, and i dnt hav it yet.

but in the darkness of the night, those stars will guide them to their destination.

"razor" wrote:
"Sirus" wrote:

but on the issue of dealing with [b]rejection or failure[/b].............Alhamdulillah i dont think ive been in such a position, and nor do i hope to be!!

That reminded me of summin, u kno wat..., i dno y but i still find it funny, LOL

wats that then

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Sirus" wrote:
"razor" wrote:
"Sirus" wrote:

wats that then

Its more relevent to failure in umm..u know that person Lol

Forget wudnt wna c u get emotional Cray 2

Rejection and failure is a part and parcel of life. Just as acceptance and success are. No human being is perfect. We can't always be the winners in life-accept that without depressing yourself. If all of us were winners all of the time what kind of a world would this be? Competition in every field would cease to exist. Competition to a certain extent can be healthy for us. It motivates us, and drives us to be better people.

If you have never really experienced rejection or failure don't expect to be immune from it all your life, you will have to deal with it at some point, so be prepared.

Lilsis I know this is no consolation but most people don't pass their driving test first time round. That doesn't mean you're a failure as such. See it as a positive thing. Wouldn't you rather be on the road when you are totally confident with your abilities. Driving may be deemed as a sport to a lot of the male species, but it can kill. So better to aim for perfection before you hit the road again. I'm sure you'll achieve it very soon, don't let it dishearten you. See it as a learning experience.

Besides many men tend to brag they passed their test first time, when in actual fact it took them more than a dozen before they could cruise like bad boys with loud music
Wink

failure and rejection is hard and i dont think its possible for anyone to get used to it. cry

However everyone has there own ways of dealing with it, but mainly it depends on the rejection and failure ,i think we should learn to accept the failure ? , However giving up is not an option roll , learn from it so that it should make as more motivated x and determined to strive for success. P

"razor" wrote:

People take life too seriously, relax, u failed one test, so wat, you can take it agen cant you? ofcourse, u always can. Nothin gets me down. Every bad thing which happens, happens for a reason, jus think back to every bad thing which has happened, every failure n every rejection, n look for somthin good which came out of it. Guaranteed therz always a greater good from each bad.

I wish I was like that.

Whenever I want something, I REALLY want it....I can not do anything in life half heartedly.

I think I have a serious inability to deal with failure...other then three failed driving tests, I havent really experienced failure...and I cried my eyes out each time I failed...this is partly cos I work so hard at things that failing is not even an option....

I've always set high standards and goals for myself in life...I don't know what I'd do if I couldnt meet them.

Rejection doesnt bother me at all...I havent got certain jobs that I've applied for in the past...but I know and accept that they prob werent good for me.

Hadrat Ali (ra) said "I knew my lord when my determination was broken"...in other words its only when we want something so badly and despite all our best efforts it doesnt go ahead, do we fully realise the might and power of Almighty Allah and accept that NOTHING happens without His permission.

I know I need to chill.

"MuslimSister" wrote:

I know I need to chill.

Ahaan!

theres a reason people fail/get rejected - to test their bounce-back-ability...test of character

you sit thier and cry and think ifs and buts? or you get up and do something about it?

you didnt get a job? the interviewer wasnt racist, it wasnt because your tie was naff....simply coz u werent good enough! what do you do? go back and do it right!!!

failure and rejection is part of life, what would be the point if we were all successful?

you get more of a sense of achievment when you know you had to work extra double-hard to get something

mind you i still cant think of a time when ive been rejected or failed! and i havnt started driving yet lol

p.s. razor....i knw who u on about now Lol Lol

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Sirus" wrote:

Ahaan!

theres a reason people fail/get rejected - to test their bounce-back-ability...test of character

you sit thier and cry and think ifs and buts? or you get up and do something about it?

Def. I'm not the sort to give up stuff...heck I was learning how to drive for four long years before I passed.

And yeah, your right..its does build character.

Ah, the driving test lol. I also can remember failing and yeah sure it gets u down for a bit and u look outta the window looking at the drivers in the cars thinking when will I become one of the millions & millions lol.

U just gotta pick urself up and keep going. Taking driving tests r good, even if u fail. Its good practice, you'll get used to the conditions. U will pass. Inshallah.

The media, government, tried to blow us, but they can't out the flame, or doubt the name.

the easiset way to avoid failure is not to put yourself in such a position. forget driving!

saying that I think I need to start lessons.

Its about time I think. But I have no motivation to drive... and have been putting the thing of for years...

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
the easiset way to avoid failure is not to put yourself in such a position. forget driving!

saying that I think I need to start lessons.

Its about time I think. But I have no motivation to drive... and have been putting the thing of for years...

:roll: advice on how to become like u?

i think not!

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
How do u deal with failure?

I just failed my first driving test a few weeks ago and I was - Cray 2 - all evening long.

Other then that-I havent really failed anything in life

How do u lot deal with rejection or failure?

Are u so used to it that it's no big deal to you anymore? :twisted:

Or are u one of them who bottles up your emotions when you've been rejected or failed something and act like everythings all good?

or are u one of them sad ppl who has got rejected/failed once in life became all depressed and never pursued anything ever again?

State your biggest/worst rejection/failure

I failed ma GCSE's I only got one n a half hehe I waas angry at first but now I jus laught at it seeing the reason why I failed....
I cudn stay in one school cuz I messed about too much hhhm miz those days...

Oh another failure is not being able to satisfy dad in what he wants as his perfect daughter oh well his got oda daughters suits me,
i aint gotta wori Smile

Learn To Love The People Who Are Willing To Love You At Present. Forget The People In The Past & Thank Them For Hurting You, Which Lead You To Love The People You Have Right Now..

Failure happens to us all, but you can't let it defeat you. Be optimistic, there's always something worse that could happen. Don't be discouraged or dismayed and definitly DONT GIVE UP. If everyone who was faced with failure always gave up then there would be no inventions or prosperity. So let your failtures motivate you to work harder towards your goals and dreams.

yeh giving up is what differentiates the losers frm the Go Getters

u get some who failed sumin in life once and as a result never worked towards anything ever again

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

u get some who failed sumin in life once and as a result never worked towards anything ever again

Aye, sum1 once said "U never know how close you are to success, when you give up" -Razor Dirol

Im not a giver-upper personally, if its summin i wanna do, ill go at it agen n agen, for example, I intend to make ma own ice cream this summer, ima called it the RazoFlavouR. Ima try, try n try agen, until ma mum stops me n makes me clean up the mess, then ima wake up in the mornin n try sum more, until i get that X-factor, which defines me, u c, i is the Razorous one, u na'mean innit

Ya DiggdyRazorFlavouRizzle? Lol

salaam
one should never give up. everyone knows its hard to carry on fighting,if you have fought for something, when u have reached ur goal you will achieve greater personal satisfaction but by taking the easy way out i.e giving up....u will never achieve that goal. easy is not always the best!!!!! Biggrin

"liberty4women" wrote:
salaam
one should never give up. everyone knows its hard to carry on fighting,if you have fought for something, when u have reached ur goal you will achieve greater personal satisfaction but by taking the easy way out i.e giving up....u will never achieve that goal. easy is not always the best!!!!! Biggrin

GIRL-POWER

Smile

Ya dIGg Dirol

"razor" wrote:
"liberty4women" wrote:
salaam

GIRL-POWER

Smile

Ya dIGg Dirol

lol Biggrin

For all those experiencing failure take the advice of Shaikh Yoda:

[i]"Do, or do not. There is no try."[/i] :mrgreen:

"Eid is the day when I leave this world with my Iman intact."

Shaikh Abd al-Qadir Jilani, Sultan al Awliya

"Admin" wrote:
the easiset way to avoid failure is not to put yourself in such a position.

thats the fighting spirit admin ,

dont try and you wont fail :roll:

i wont go for my driving test cus then i wont fail it :roll:

i mean what will you tell your kids, dont go school kids cuz then you wont have to take exams and you can avoid the possibility of failing them
:roll:

dont aim to be a doctor or run your own business cuz you will fail, jus work in a factory

Quote:
rose girl
If everyone who was faced with failure always gave up then there would be no inventions or prosperity. So let your failtures motivate you to work harder towards your goals and dreams.

great people and great things have stemmed from failure, did the prophet (pbuh) succeed in his message straight away, no the first muslims suffered many hardships until they succeeded,did Salahuddin take back jerusalem straight away, no he and the muslim ummah suffered many defeats until they took back the holylands, the wright brothers failed manytimes until they invented the aeroplane,

muslim inventors failed many times until they revolutionalised the world with astromical,medical,navigationional, mathematical inventions.

Quote:
MuslimSisLilSis

be a go getter not a loser

with exams you can just cheat! no point avoiding them...

:twisted:

But the point is always pick your fight. If you gonna lose, why bother? if you are 100% sure you cannot possibly pass your test on a certain day, why take it then? wait til you are ready.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
with exams you can just cheat! no point avoiding them...

:twisted:

But the point is always pick your fight. If you gonna lose, why bother? if you are 100% sure you cannot possibly pass your test on a certain day, why take it then? wait til you are ready.

Thas borin,wen ya not ready, ya get this edgy, nervy feeling, keeps u sharp, keeps u on ya toes, dodgeing the punches, keepin ya guard up, n wen ya opponent lets his guard down *BOOM* EXPLOSION, with a razor-sharp right hook, hav that suckeron the floor cryin like a lil be-y*tch

Im talkin bout sparrin with ma cuzns, but it applies to evryfin, cuz if u got the skill n technique, the rest will all fit in with the adrenaline

Ya Digg Dirol

No I do not digg.

I am way too realistic for all that malarky.

Either I can pass or not. If I can pass, I can also mess it up, so care is needed. But if I cannot, its just a lost cause.

emotions really only come into it when you put too much pressure on yourself, or are not sure which category you fit in.

"Admin" wrote:
No I do not digg.

Better get a shovel n start practising.

"Admin" wrote:

I am way too realistic for all that malarky.

Either I can pass or not. If I can pass, I can also mess it up, so care is needed. But if I cannot, its just a lost cause.

emotions really only come into it when you put too much pressure on yourself, or are not sure which category you fit in.

lets take a previous example. Driving test. Some people fail 5 before passing. some pass 1st time round. when its ya 1st test, wat do u do? think, oh forget it, im not gonna pass... b fatalistic? If so, then u cant get nowher in life.

Wen u go for a job interview, either u get the job, oru do not, 50/50. What do u do? take the chance at failing? or keep signing on at jobcentre+

It used to b jobcentre, they made it jobcentre plus, to make people feel better or summin.

When its time u feel u wanna get married. Ur parents kno of a nice girl in another town. U think, if i go there, i mite like her, but i mite not, she mitelike me, or she mite not. Wat do u do? hmmmm......

Seems its time to get rid of the fail-o-phobia. So wat u fail, u gotta fail in life a few times before u pass. n how u gonna pass if or fail, if u jus do not try?

Again, back to sparrin with ma cuzns. I aint practised Martial arts in a few years, but evrytime me n ma cuzns get together we end up sparrin neway. Now, they stay in practise, im out of practise. Wat do i do?Chicken out? I might get beaten up, lets not even try!!! Hell NAW. Ima still get in there, let the adrenaline take control, n go with the flow. Forget this fatalitic attitude, its the reason so many asians r so uneducated n ignorant.

V born here most of us asian youngsters. V think, oh forget it, wat point getin an education, im asian, no-one likes asians, they not gonna gimme a job, why go thru bother of becomin educated. So what do they do? Some work, at take-aways, factories, sell drugs. Most they'll do is open an off-license (which is haram, but they dnt care, they uneducated, ghetto folk, they apparantly got no choice).

V wanna coast thru life, thinking its all hunky-dory, v dnt need to do nethin, no1 expects me to do nethin, my mates arent doin nething. Whats point, im jus gonna fail.

Is that what the 300 man army of muslims said when 1000's of kuffar came to attack them?

Is that wat the 200 or so hafiz-ul-quran said when they fought off the army of Musaylimah in the time of Abu Bakr r.a.'s Caliphate? 200 or so men, who had the quran upon their hearts, that educated with them, they fought off thousands of enemies, followers of musaylimah the false prophet.

V need to look bck to our past, we say we are proud to be muslim, without understanding waht the muslims of the past were like. Some fools who drive around all day, no job nuffin, smokin weed, say, "im proud to b paki" they hav no idea what struggles people went thru to create pakistan. How hard Alama Iqbal r.a. , Quaid - e-Azam r.a. etc worked, how they sacrificed their whole lives, trying to achieve an aim, which was considered impossible, did they say "iqbal, what if we fail?, lets giv up without trying i dunt want to fail". NO, they had a goal, thru hard work, patience, n faith, they went thru with it, n created a country, a nation.

Am i saying education is for everyone? no, wat im sayin is that every should educate themselves upto a certain extent in secular education, then in religious education. Then work towards an aim. There should be no thought of "forget it, im realistic, im gonna fail, so lets not try".

Lets realise a life long goal, n work hard at achieving it, n pray for guidance. Lets stop fatalistic attitudism. Lets action plan our lives. Let us all encourage one another, rather than put one another down. lets not become road-block for other people, lets become transport for others, lets help others, by helping ourselves 1st.

Wow…what a post Razor.

Very impressive.

Of course one should try, even if the prospect of success looks bleak….like you pointed out yourself, citing the example of the battle of Badr.

One ALWAYS gets whatever it is that they want…but only to the extent that they pursue it.

And...if we do fail, this gives us an insight into the might and power of Allah (swt). After all nothing happens without His permission.

Buts it’s wrong to take a totally fatalistic or defeatist attitude to life.

The official term for what Admin has (fear of failing) is Atychiphobia.

But Admin, Razor right. Aslong as theres the smallest of chances that you may succeed that should be enough for you to keep on trying. Otherwise you always gonna hav regrets as to what would have happened if you had taken that chance?

You're focusing too much on failing you need to focus on the positive. Winning/loosing is not as important as Trying. Bcoz if you try then atleast you have no regrets as to what might have been. I passed my driving test on my second go, the first time i failed (wont go into why) i felt like giving up, like throwing in the towel and forgetting about it. But i didnt, i went back a couple of weeks later and drove the sh** out of that test.

As long as the lantern of hope is still alight, salvation is just beyond the horizon... its yours [b]TAKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/b]

Back in BLACK

see admin take some advice from your members and conquer your fear of failure, to conquer the fear of failure is not to pass but to know that when you failed you are not a failure and turn that fail into motivation and then into success

Pages