The So Called-"Real Story"

Salaam

I was flicking through the channels and watched the last 20min of this programme.

The men who want to be bombers

As the hunt goes on for those controlling the group, Real Story looks at the motives behind the bombers' actions and talks to other young British Muslims who say they are prepared to die.

What drives them to take such a radical decision? Born in the UK, why do they apparently hate their home country so much that they are prepared to kill themselves - and others, including Muslims, who are in the area when they strike?

What roles do religious fundamentalism, the mosques and the clerics play in their lives?

Fiona Bruce investigates in a Real Story special report.

[url=

It was alleged that martyrdom is “contagious” And is seen as being “romantic”.

Ordinary British Muslims visit Lahore after telling their parents that they are going to study the deen…but instead travel to the Frontier and undergo intensive training in to suicide bombing….

There were these three hooded guys apparently from Manchester who were telling the reporter how much the hate the West-Britain “the enemy”…..

The programme totally focused on the demented view of the minority.

Did anyone watch it?

Wasalaam

Yeh i did it was crazy, did you see those 3 boys, honestly i feel sorry for those ppl who are brainwashed..my mate came up with does islam really say its ok cuz that surah was sayin its ok to attack ppl, i gave her a whole lecture over the fone explainin it, and i am gona show her the full surah not partly like they did on the tele (although i didnt see that part of the programme)..

what did u think of it?

p.s. i only watched like 20-30 mins of it

Salaam

That programme was pure incitement....

The reporter was giving it "Normal British Muslim, who lead normal lives, with no criminal records...who generally enjoyed life can become suicide bombers"

Implying that ANY British Muslim can go down that route.

I can't get over how they merely focused on the demented view of the minority i.e. The Minhajiroon....pointing out that even though the group broke up last year, many Muslims STILL adhere to its beliefs.

Them three boys from Manchester, were so silly...but IF they really did possess such extreme hatred for the "West" why on Earth were they exposing their extreme sentiments to a TV presenter?

Wasalaam

"MuslimSister" wrote:
Salaam

That programme was pure incitement....

The reporter was giving it "Normal British Muslim, who lead normal lives, with no criminal records...who generally enjoyed life can become suicie bombers"

Implying that ANY British Muslim can go down that route.

I can't get over how they merely focused on the demented view of the minority i.e. The Minhajiroon....pointing out that even though the group broke up last year, many Muslims STILL adhere to its beliefs.

Them three boys from Manchester, were so silly...but IF they really did possess such extreme hatred for the "West" why on Earth were they exposing their extreme sentiments to a TV presenter?

Wasalaam

Exactly!! i think those views are what muslims dont need, its bad enough that we have to face the media and then these programmes...those boys looked so silly they were clowns! they just get stupid ppl from somewhere and safely say that islam is this based on the views of these extreme ppl..

that programme was so stupid-

esp them Manachester geezer's stupid enough to expose their secret hatred to the "enemy"

angel did u see the bit when the presenter rigged the talk of the AM lot and listened to it outside

AM are so asking for it when they say such controversial stuff

media loves it-thats why they dedicated an entire porgramme to it

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
watch the programme guys

[url=

click on the right hand side of the page

watch the last 20min and watch the silly manchester guys in hoodies and the presenter who rigged the AM conference

i watched it, but it seems to be about the no. 30 bus...no guys in hoodies, or AM conference... :?:

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

sorry wrong link

that werent the programme I watched :?

i think they changed it

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
that programme was so stupid-

esp them Manachester geezer's stupid enough to expose their secret hatred to the "enemy"

angel did u see the bit when the presenter rigged the talk of the AM lot and listened to it outside

aye, it was a total stupid programme, didnt provide me no insight to the "real-story" and those 3 boys were weird, did you see the way they were dressed and they way they covered themselves up, what a bunch of clowns!

Thank you for your interest in the Real Story programme.

Britain's Suicide Bombers: the Real Story was a film broadcast last year and has been updated following the bomb attacks carried out in London.

In light of what is now known about those who carried out the attacks on London on 7/7, it seemed important and timely for the BBC to revisit the question of why a very small minority of radical, UK muslims share these extremist views, and what might influence someone to become a suicide bomber. We did make clear in the programme that these extremist views are not held by the vast majority of the muslim community, and the programme talked to UK muslims who condemn these views.

Regards

Mike Lewis
Real Story Series Producer

The above is a reply to an email I sent to the producers complaining about how biased the programme was…………which UK Muslim did they speak to who condemned these views?………did we miss that bit?

"MuslimSister" wrote:
Thank you for your interest in the Real Story programme.

Britain's Suicide Bombers: the Real Story was a film broadcast last year and has been updated following the bomb attacks carried out in London.

In light of what is now known about those who carried out the attacks on London on 7/7, it seemed important and timely for the BBC to revisit the question of why a very small minority of radical, UK muslims share these extremist views, and what might influence someone to become a suicide bomber. We did make clear in the programme that these extremist views are not held by the vast majority of the muslim community, and the programme talked to UK muslims who condemn these views.

Regards

Mike Lewis
Real Story Series Producer

The above is a reply to an email I sent to the producers complaining about how biased the programme was…………which UK Muslim did they speak to who condemned these views?………did we miss that bit?

interestin, i only watched 20 mins of it but i only saw the views of those who supported such acts...they just tryin to cover it up unless they showed those who condemned the acts in the 40mins i didnt watch..