confessions

i confess that i love music. its a sin i know but i cant seem to stop listening to music, its such a bad habit and such a hard one to break...

anyone else have a confession to make...

"*DUST*" wrote:
"(*_Shazan" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:
with regards to privacy and concealment of sins, i thought its worth noting that we are not meant to tell anyone of our misdeeds, nor should they ask - people usually take this to mean 'dont boast about your sins' but its also literally: if someone asks 'did u do XYZ' (in the first place they shouldnt be asking) u can say 'no', even if u did it. and we need not feel obliged to tell anyone of our past sins - a guy or girl is not [b]obliged[/b] to tell his/her spouse of his/her haraam relationships prior to marriage - whats important is that the person has repented for their sins. After that Allah promises to conceal our sins, so who is anyone to ask, and who are we to tell?

Do you have a source (Quranic/Sunnah evidence) for this?

The Prophet (s.a.w) said, "Believers see their sins as if they were sitting at the foot of a mountain and feared that it may fall on them, while the corrupt see their sins as if they were a mere fly that flew by their nose." [Bukhari and Muslim]

The Prophet (s.a.w) said, “From the excellence of a man’s Islam is to leave that which does not concern him.” [transmitted by Tirmidhi and others]

and this opinion is by the consensus of scholars, here's a scholarly opinion:

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

I confess im too easy going. Im tooo tolerant of other people... i think way too much of other peoples wellbeing than i should about myself. Altho as admirable as this may be... its also a royal pain in the a$$ as it sometimes means i have to give up the things i want the most.....

Note to self: Im not running for sainthood ...be more selfish.

hhhmmm i feel better now.

Back in BLACK

"Angel" wrote:
none Dirol

wow you must really be an angel then :?

"Seraphim" wrote:

I confess im too easy going. Im tooo tolerant of other people... i think way too much of other peoples wellbeing than i should about myself. Altho as admirable as this may be... its also a royal pain in the a$$ as it sometimes means i have to give up the things i want the most.....

i thought you were meant to confess sins not confess good deeds , seraph thats not a sin

"nAS786" wrote:
"Angel" wrote:
none Dirol

wow you must really be an angel then :?

I wish! what I meant was none that I would like to share but to be honest i cant realy think of any :?

Salam

"madiha" wrote:
i confess that i love music. its a sin...

It takes a brave soul to admit that you love to sin.

I take my hat off to you madia.

Omrow

"nAS786" wrote:

i thought you were meant to confess sins not confess good deeds , seraph thats not a sin

It might not be a sin.. but its definately a flaw in my character. :x

Back in BLACK

Isn't giving confession a Christian thing, i know my rights my lips are sealed lol.

I'm sure my posts have revealed many of my flaws already.

"Omrow" wrote:
Salam

"madiha" wrote:
i confess that i love music. its a sin...

It takes a brave soul to admit that you love to sin.

I take my hat off to you madia.

Omrow

was that a nice comment from Omrow... see evry1 there's hope afterall :o haha
anyway thanx Omrow but i dnt think its brave i'm just being honest with myself. i suppose the first step to changing your ways is coming to acceptance that u've done wrong. I feel weak when i think of how i cant resist music, its shameful really but what do i do??

smile and be happy!!!

"Seraphim" wrote:

Note to self: Im not running for sainthood ...be more selfish.

hhhmmm i feel better now.

well, i think its really sweet. be proud of it, its not a flaw to have a big heart. if only there were more people like u in the world...

smile and be happy!!!

i confess i hardly ever wake up for fajr salaat. i'm just so dozy!! i dnt think i try hard enough to be honest. i do pray though...jst not always at the right times

smile and be happy!!!

im wid u madiha i cant get up for fajr laziness but i do read all my other namaaz.

go to bed with the dincere feeling that Insha Allah t'ala you are going to be up in a few hours and reading Namaaz.

Other tricks include sleeping in the Masjid and getting the Jamaat to wake you up (five kicks each Biggrin )

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

Confessions?

I can be moody, VERY sensitive, I find it hard to wake up for Fajr, I sometimes boss my sisters around, I'm terrible in keeping contact with people, I'm a rubbish cook and....I have the most cluttered wardrobe in the world.

"MuslimSister" wrote:
Confessions?

I can be moody, VERY sensitive, I find it hard to wake up for Fajr, I sometimes boss my sisters around, I'm terrible in keeping contact with people, I'm a rubbish cook and....I have the most cluttered wardrobe in the world.

i have the most cluttiest wardrobe in the world as well....

smile and be happy!!!

"madiha" wrote:
"MuslimSister" wrote:
Confessions?

i have the most cluttiest wardrobe in the world as well....

That depends... if your wardrobe features a lion a witch a few fauns?

Back in BLACK

"Seraphim" wrote:

I had better check my wardrobe!

Just incase! :shock:

Who is the cat of the Forum? MEZ!
Your damn right!

i confess i love chocolate, cant get enuff of it, jst love it, love it, love it

smile and be happy!!!

"madiha" wrote:
i confess i love chocolate, cant get enuff of it, jst love it, love it, love it

Yeh you are not the only one!! Blum 3

Your damn right!

"Mez" wrote:
"Seraphim" wrote:

lol try moms... i got lost in there when i was a kid.

Back in BLACK

"Seraphim" wrote:
"Mez" wrote:
"Seraphim" wrote:

i got lost in a pile of autumn leaves once. what fun that was?

smile and be happy!!!

"madiha" wrote:
"Seraphim" wrote:
"Mez" wrote:
"Seraphim" wrote:

i got lost in a pile of autumn leaves once. what fun that was?

Lol

Your damn right!

"yashmaki" wrote:
Isn't giving confession a Christian thing, i know my rights my lips are sealed lol.

I'm sure my posts have revealed many of my flaws already.

Yes, confessing sin is part of salvation. Confession is always to God however there are differences in how we interpret that, for Catholics it is to a priest (which i'm still uncomfortable with) who asks God for your forgiveness on behalf of you. For Protestants it's through silent confession and the corporate prayer of confession.

The purpose is repentance, you cannot repent until you take that initial step in recognizing where you have gone astray.

Who doesnt sin? if we were perfect than we wouldnt be human beings instead we'd be robots or machines. There are so many sins we commit each day that we are completely unaware of as well. But God is the most merciful and most forgiving. I agree that confession is only the first step to the right path....but also taking action to right your wrongs is neccessary.

"RoSeAnGeL" wrote:
I agree that confession is only the first step to the right path....

confession to oneself and Allah, not confession to the world.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"*DUST*" wrote:
"RoSeAnGeL" wrote:
I agree that confession is only the first step to the right path....

confession to oneself and Allah, not confession to the world.

so did i do wrong for setting up this topic,
i just thought if we all have a good bond with each other
then is we have somehting to confess or need help and advice from forum memebers on how to repent and prevent sin/sins then we could come on here

smile and be happy!!!

we can talk about how to atone for our sins.

But we should not 'confess' to each other.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.