Driving tips please..!

salaam all

my practical driving test should be coming up soon and if anyones got any tips/advice....because its my 1st test...n im hoping i only need this one chance 2 pass lol

p.s. driving is a sensitive area for me...i just want it over n done with!!!! lol n i know some sisters feel the same......so every little helps!!

LOL-me and my sis have our test booked for the next month or so

I'm stressing too

coupla days diff

but mine is booked in B'ham-my uncle is BSM instructor in B'ham so I'm gonna take lessons from him

sis is doing hers in London

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
coupla days diff

but mine is booked in B'ham-my uncle is BSM instructor in B'ham so I'm gonna take lessons from him

sis is doing hers in London

lucky u..probably get a discount price! lol

have u taken any lessons yet?

iv been taking lessons 4 nearly 2 years now...on and off...thats why its doing my head in now lol...i can drive...just need 2 control my nerves for the big day!

i'm sick of of taking lessons too

cos I'm sick of my stupid driving instuctor who chat crap all thru my lesson-I wish she'd just shut up

I almost run over a cylist in my last lesson-people shud KNOW to steer well clear of learner drivers

its my first test-see how it goes

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
cos I'm sick of my stupid driving instuctor who chat crap all thru my lesson-I wish she'd just shut up

lol true...some instructors are more keen on gossiping rather than actually instructing!

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
I almost run over a cylist in my last lesson-people shud KNOW to steer well clear of learner drivers

what ticks me off is that when other drivers see learners on the road they always overtake....even when your goin at 40/50mph!!!! i mean just because its a learner dont mean you can take advantage!!! :evil:

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
coupla days diff

I started takin lessons from my unc. last week he's an instructor to and now he is on holz!!

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
i'm sick of of taking lessons too

I think i hate drivin lessons more than anyone, i think i am never goin to pass, i saw this story on the newspaper bout sum1 passing their drivin test after 33 yrs and spendin 27 grand, i think thats my fate to!!

I'm not getting anywhere with my lessons.

I must have taken about 30 lessons, and I bet my instructor only keeps teaching me because he knows I'm a guarenteed source of income.

"irfan" wrote:
I'm not getting anywhere with my lessons.

I must have taken about 30 lessons, and I bet my instructor only keeps teaching me because he knows I'm a guarenteed source of income.

why do u think your getin nowhere, is it you or your instructor, i would say its me, seriously my problem is lack of concentration, i end up thinkin bout other things and another thing i get pain on the right side of my waist which distracts me a lot, this pain only occurs when i drive!!

My instructor is a decent teacher, its me with the problem.

I can't concentrate either. It's hard to remember every little thing you have to do.

I've decided to take a break from practicals and revise from a book for a while. But I've not even opened the book yet.

"irfan" wrote:
I've decided to take a break from practicals and revise from a book for a while. But I've not even opened the book yet.

if your instructor is decent then trust me continue with the lessons because it'l begin 2 click sooner or later...theres no way round it, its gotta be done (unfortunately)! and 30 lessons is nothing...iv had sooo many more than that lol so dont give up!!

"angel" wrote:

I think i hate drivin lessons more than anyone, i think i am never goin to pass, i saw this story on the newspaper bout sum1 passing their drivin test after 33 yrs and spendin 27 grand, i think thats my fate to!!

dont give up sis...you can do it!

A crucial factor in my decision to take a break was lack of funds.

Reading from a book is cheaper.

In my practicals things only 'click' after many weeks.

The best advice i can give is to stay calm

and DONT PANICK!!

and most importantly TAKE YOUR TIME!! DONT RUSH IT!! You rush you'll make mistakes and then it will be Cray 2

Check your mirrors when you need to NOT FORGET.

Back in BLACK

"irfan" wrote:

i took so many break, months! lol for me nothin works but mum and dad are so anxious for me to pass that they said they would pay for my lessons when i wsnt workin, they bloody cost so much and i have now been drivin for 2 yrs on and off, i for a fact have taken more than 30 lessons i am not even gna bother countin!

thanks muslim kuri....

thanks for the advice...dont even get me started on mirrors...you have 2 look in them every other second!!! lol

"muslim_kuri" wrote:
thanks for the advice...dont even get me started on mirrors...you have 2 look in them every other second!!! lol

i have nitemares bout drivin (messin it aint that bad) but i need to pass in less than 2 months Sad so gota get my act together!

"angel" wrote:
i took so many break, months! lol for me nothin works but mum and dad are so anxious for me to pass that they said they would pay for my lessons when i wsnt workin, they bloody cost so much and i have now been drivin for 2 yrs on and off, i for a fact have taken more than 30 lessons i am not even gna bother countin!

same here..!

"muslim_kuri" wrote:

To be honest the use of mirrors is over exaggerated, especially once the car is moving at a steady pace. When you've stopped or performing a manoeuvre than its useful. But otherwise its just pants.

But it counts, so do look in your mirrors as they will be looking out for it.

Back in BLACK

"irfan" wrote:

true. The cost of driving lessons just takes the mick...we aint made outta money! lol

"Seraph" wrote:
"muslim_kuri" wrote:

To be honest the use of mirrors is over exaggerated, especially once the car is moving at a steady pace. When you've stopped or performing a manoeuvre than its useful. But otherwise its just pants.

But it counts, so do look in your mirrors as they will be looking out for it.

yeh 2 right it counts...you have 2 check mirrors before setting off, before stopping, before turning right, before turning left..whenever you change speed.....etc etc lol

I failed twice...the first time it's cos the examiner was mean. I only had four minors but she claimed that I brushed the kerb once when parking...not that I noticed....she was just being extra

Second time was serious, the examiner had to brake cos I never saw a car coming, I also kept on stalling I was SO nervous.......

Got my third test coming up...see how it goes.

"MuslimSister" wrote:

third time lucky Insha'Allah

"MuslimSister" wrote:
I failed twice...the first time it's cos the examiner was mean. I only had four minors but she claimed that I brushed the kerb once when parking...not that I noticed....she was just being extra

Second time was serious, the examiner had to brake cos I never saw a car coming, I also kept on stalling I was SO nervous.......

Third time lucky perhaps.

Dont worry about it, ive known people to pass on they're seventh time; hopefully it wont come to that for any of you lot.

Back in BLACK

This is totally ridiculous, I mean, women in general never learn how to drive properly and today they are allowed to teach others !!. Almost 99.9% of women driving today are reckless drivers. Either they think they are too good in speeding, tailgating, overtaking in wrong directions and so on. It is too scary out there the road because of women drivers !!. I have never seen a woman driver who would stay on road when there is traffic and the side of the road is empty. They will immediately use any sides to overtake the traffic, they would overtake the wrong directions, they drive above 160km where there is a sign of 100 or 120km. Now tell me who taught them to do this if it wasn’t from their lady driving instructors.

To prove that no woman is a good driver, find one woman who claims she’s good in driving, let her drive up the hill back-words and see if she could.

I think in order for us to have a safe road driving, we should burn women from to teach driving. Let’s think of safety and ask our self!!. Do we really need women driving instructors?

[img]http//img279.imageshack.us/img279/3331/10293wx.jpg[/img]

I need advice, now that my unc. is givin me lessons i mite be able to convince him to let me go for the test, i have been drivin for 2 yrs now do u think i should just book my test like soon? also i get really really nervous and have messed up big time on my mock-tests..anythin to calm the nerves, advice/suggestions, anythin plz...

okay pray to Allah that u pass.

have a bar of chocolate just before u start ur test, the sugar rush helps u concentrate.. dairy milk or galaxy should be okay.

do a few full body stretches, to ease ur muscles, especially ur ankles.

keep repeating "mirror", "signal", "manouvre" to your self.

make sure u fully understand what the examiner wants you to do, if ur not sure, ask him/her to repeat or explain.

if you think you've made a mistake, dont stress,..

remember that the test isnt over until until ur back at the test centre with the engine switched off.

make good use of ur eyes, and ears.. look ahead, think ahead.

i passed second time., but dat was years back when it was relatively easy.

[b][i]Round and round the Ka'bah,
Like a good Sahabah,
One step, Two step,
All the way to jannah[/i][/b]

"khan" wrote:
okay pray to Allah that u pass.

have a bar of chocolate just before u start ur test, the sugar rush helps u concentrate.. dairy milk or galaxy should be okay.

make sure u fully understand what the examiner wants you to do, if ur not sure, ask him/her to repeat or explain.

remember that the test isnt over until until ur back at the test centre with the engine switched off.

i passed second time., but dat was years back when it was relatively easy.

Thats pretty good advice, ta sicky..now all i gota do is put it into practice..my mum is sure i have fear of drivin but that aint the case i just hate it, i can do everythin fine untill i get nervous..but yeh thanks..

"khan" wrote:

yep good advice...Jazak'Allah

angel sis i think u should just apply 4 your test....u might as well give it a shot before icis...trust Allah Almighty n control your nerves!!! you can do it!!!!!! positive thinking always works for everything!!!