The Road to Guantanamo

[size=18]The Road to Guantanamo[/size]

[b]Tonight
9:00pm - 10:50pm
Channel 4[/b]

In October 2001 - a month after the attack on New York - a small group of young British Muslims left the West Midlands for Pakistan, where they were to attend the wedding of a friend. They found a country in a confused state of political and spiritual turmoil. For reasons which are never satisfyingly made clear (they either acted under the influence of the radical diatribes they heard being preached in the streets of Karachi, or because of youthful exuberance) they group decided to leave Pakistan for neighbouring Afghanistan. Given the political climate at the time, this was not a wise move.

If Pakistan was showing glimpses of occasional extremism, Afghanistan was on another level altogether. With the feared Taliban clinging on to power, the Allied forces were employing everything in their arsenal to bring the regime to its knees. They boys soon realised this: the continual bombing made it hard to ignore. Deciding to leave the country, they cadged lifts from strangers who promised them one thing but delivered another. Soon they were in the middle of a completely alien country and right in the firing line of a massive military onslaught.

This is where their story begins to get really messy: split up by an air strike, the boys are eventually rounded up by American forces and kept prisoner for a number of months in conditions that clearly would test the Geneva convention. Psychological torture and brutal bullying was rife and they all felt the brunt of it. Nevertheless, the treatment in Afghanistan was just the tip of the iceberg. When they were hooded and put on a non-stop flight to Cuba, it seemed that any form of salvation was nigh on impossible. In Camp X-Ray, they spent two years living in cages in atrocious conditions and being treated like animals, from being forbidden to speak to the infamous torture techniques used by the so-called forces of good.

[url= 4[/url]

i cant believe no-one has commented on this program

im sure most of u watched it?

or like me, ur finding it hard to keep the emotions contained?

im glad i watched that, and im downloading it.

May Allah swt ease the suffering of those who are being tortured and oppressed and give the oppressors their just sentence. Ameen

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

I was watching house...So I watched it during the breaks.

Pretty shocking stuff...

So basically they were told they were innocent, but still kept locked up for atleast 3 more months? and thne they were asked to sign guilty statements to be released? (good thing they declined to sign... even though they were threatened with incarceration for an unlimited period of time...)

sounds rather political to me.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

thats not even the worst of it admin

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Fresh Prince" wrote:
i cant believe no-one has commented on this program

im glad i watched that, and im downloading it.

May Allah swt ease the suffering of those who are being tortured and oppressed and give the oppressors their just sentence. Ameen

Please provide the source (download), I didnt manage to watch it

"Fresh Prince" wrote:
thats not even the worst of it admin

Your right, thousands upon thousands of Afghani are dead and many displaced Cray 2

Did the Pakistani soldiers hand them over?

yup it had to be them.

After all it was the Pakistanis who set up guantanamo.

Millions, not 'thousand and thousands' of afghani's have been displaced since 1979.

Oh and that was russia not pakistan... (just incase! :twisted:)

And [url= version is available to download for £4.99 to own[/url].

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

that programme was sooo emotional Cray 2 Cray 2 so disgusting "human beings" out there, n the thng is thats not the worst of it soo much more is going on in their n it wasnt exposed obviously there had to be a restriction on it, make dua for all of our brothers n sisters locked up around the world Guantnamo, belmarsh, afghanistan, uzbekistan n whereva else i missed may Allah SWT ease their suffering n give them sabr, the oppressors wont no wotz gna hit them

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

"Exquisite" wrote:
that programme was sooo emotional Cray 2 Cray 2 so disgusting "human beings" out there, n the thng is thats not the worst of it soo much more is going on in their n it wasnt exposed obviously there had to be a restriction on it, make dua for all of our brothers n sisters locked up around the world Guantnamo, belmarsh, afghanistan, uzbekistan n whereva else i missed may Allah SWT ease their suffering n give them sabr, the oppressors wont no wotz gna hit them

Ameen

i agree, surely thats only the tip of the iceberg

and they say about 750 people hav been to guantanamo....and about 500 still there

im pretty much sure all the UK muslims there have been released, and thats probably why no-one is bothered about the rest :?

sorry folks, i payed the 5 quid to download it, it was worth it

but if any of you use torrents, im sure its gotta be around somewhere

in the case of the lads from Tipton....they werent handed over by pakistan, they were caught in afghanistan

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

[color=indigo]i dont no but is it true that residents of the UK, are still locked up, but as they arent british citizens the government arent willing to help them out? but i fink ur rite as the rest of them are released no1 gives a toss bout the rest of our brothers there.[/color]

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

"Exquisite" wrote:
[color=indigo]i dont no but is it true that residents of the UK, are still locked up, but as they arent british citizens the government arent willing to help them out? but i fink ur rite as the rest of them are released no1 gives a toss bout the rest of our brothers there.[/color]

didnt think of that, but yeah what i meant was all british citizens have been released....i met one on tuesday

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

[color=indigo]yeah all the british citizens hav been released was it Moazzam Begg you met? cuz he being quite active doing interviews etc[/color]

no it wasnt him, it was the one from manchester

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

[color=indigo]yeah i saw that it soo disgraceful, i fink there was one on the bbc website showing a mentally ill brother clarly disturbed banging his head against the prison wall n american guards mocking him.[/color]

yeh thats on it too. this site has all the pictures including latest one which you wouldnt see on bbc / any news [i]obviously[/i] :?

"Admin" wrote:
yup it had to be them.

After all it was the Pakistanis who set up guantanamo.

Millions, not 'thousand and thousands' of afghani's have been displaced since 1979.

Oh and that was russia not pakistan... (just incase! :twisted:)

Sarcasm suits you-

I’m not talking about the cold war (Afghan and Russian war)- however now you’ve mention it, life under the Taliban was better then it is now.

I guess what the say about the Northern Alliance (Northern Pirates) is true.

"wass786" wrote:
found an interesting site. if you are easily offended [i]do not[/i] click on Abu Gharib pictures...
...... [url] ......

That site has been running for 5 years now, the people behind it, regularly appear on Islam Channel, they have campaigned and lobbied hard to get prisoners releases.

Quote:
That site has been running for 5 years now

i didnt say its a new site, i said i found one so i thought i'd just put it up..

Salam

I watched the Channel 4 film about the Tipton three.

I found it very funny. I was rolling on the floor all the way through.

I thought they would be tortured in American custody.

But, infact, these men gave interrogators the hard time.

One guy told an American woman offical who came to ask him some questions to fcuk off !

The boys must have had balls to say that to an American lady while still in Guatanamo torture chamber.

Some very funny lines in that movie.

Its a good thing I recorded it. I will watch it again for a laugh.

Omrow

"Omrow" wrote:
One guy told an American woman offical who came to ask him some questions to fcuk off !

:roll: i dont remember that.

watched this yesterday and it was really moving. Cray 2 especially the bit where it said at the end 'nobody knows what happened to Monir'. Cray 2

the only heartwarming thing was that the boys found their faith as a result of their ordeal. all the wannabe badboys out there who go around doing scams or getting into petty fights should take a lesson from these brothers...

but wot it got me thinking is that, i [i]would[/i] feel this way, i already felt sorry for them before i watched this movie - i want to know what effect it might have had on a non-muslim, or a muslim, who did not empathise with them from the beginning. maybe when dave comes back he can watch it and give us a review.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"*DUST*" wrote:
the only heartwarming thing was that the boys found their faith as a result of their ordeal. all the wannabe badboys out there who go around doing scams or getting into petty fights should take a lesson from these brothers...

another thing that my parents took away from the docudrama was how the British Muslim community has failed its youth. my parents are dead against swearing and they were not happy with the boys' language...

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

Salam

"*DUST*" wrote:
my parents are dead against swearing and they were not happy with the boys' language...

Its ******* natural for ******* boys to ******* swear while ******* trying to ******* express themselves.

They are stars.

Omrow

The guys were badboys wen they went into guantanamo they had the "I dunt give a Fu*k attitude" thas why there was so much swearing, makes it realistic viewing.

_____________- -SupeRazor- -_______________

Some ppl make their goals the stars.
They may live n die n never reach the stars,
but in the darkness of the night, those stars will guide them to their destination.
Becuz they made them in their eyesight