Cheap Shot - Sky News

Ok this happened last year, it was an interview in the Sky Centre between Tim Marshall and that Omar Bakri Mohammed guy (the one they wanted to kick outta the country, I think he left while his family stayed).

Anyway, i can remember Marshall saying all this stuff to Bakri about anti-UK etc etc n why u living here, ur family on benefits etc but then he said "and what about the verse in the Qur'an which says that when the end of the world comes, even a tree will say there is a Jew hiding behind me".

At that time I was halfway thru the Qur'an translation and hadn't read that. Now I have finished reading the entire translation but still can't remember reading that! So, was he lying? Does anyone know if it says that in any of the Hadith? If so I think he prob quoted out of context as ppl usually do. Can't help but thinking it was a cheap shot tho. And, can anybody else remember seeing that interview?

Confusing the Qur'an with the Hadith was something I thought he (Marshall) might have done. Thank you for your post Augustus.

The media, government, tried to blow us, but they can't out the flame, or doubt the name.

"Allahuakbar" wrote:
Confusing the Qur'an with the Hadith was something I thought he (Marshall) might have done. Thank you for your post Augustus.

Yea it happens a lot - and since most people do not understand the importance of the Isnad, it's difficult to explain why some are less important than others.

This of course leads to some... interesting... interpretations of what Islam is.

"Augustus" wrote:
"Allahuakbar" wrote:

Yea it happens a lot - and since most people do not understand the importance of the Isnad, it's difficult to explain why some are less important than others.

The isnad is important and a Hadith is normally said to be "weak" or "strong" due to the people narrating the Hadith. If the person has lied in his/her life once then its considered "weak" or even if that person has a weak memory then Hadith is considered "weak", however the actual Hadith is not weak just the person that is narrating it has some sort of flaw.

The Story of Imam Bhukhari (ra) (one of the most authentic compiler of Ahadith) proves that isnad is vey important. He once heard that someone had a hadith so he travelled very far and he saw the man calling to his horse tryin to lead him back to the stable and was using a tray (that thingy where u put the food) which was empty to get the horse into the stable. Seeing this Imam Bhukhari (ra) left without even speaking to that man as he believed if he can fool the horse then he can even try to fool a human. Hence the man had a flaw and Imam Bhukhari (ra) wasnt willing to take the Hadith from him.

Thought i wud share with you all. Neway back to topic Blum 3

Yeah but do u guys agree that it was a cheap shot and what he said was uncalled for??

The media, government, tried to blow us, but they can't out the flame, or doubt the name.

"Allahuakbar" wrote:
Yeah but do u guys agree that it was a cheap shot and what he said was uncalled for??

Didnt watch it but to say something is in the Quran when its not, is very ignorant and indeed a cheap-shot.....if the interviewer was genuinely confused then thats different but when using Holy Books you gota have the right reference as people are bound to notice.

Plus I think he quoted it out of context. Just jumping on the anti-Islam bandwagon which seems to be the in thing these days.

"Allahuakbar" wrote:
Plus I think he quoted it out of context. Just jumping on the anti-Islam bandwagon which seems to be the in thing these days.

So what does it mean [i]in[/i] context?

dunno wether its out of context, or in context.

And I would not call it a cheap shot. Its not.

Its a legitimate question where the questioner has got its sources crossed.

To me it sounds like a prediction of technology. infra-red, xrays, micro rays being used to detect the presence of life.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Yea I dunno if it's anti-Islam or "Islamophobic" to question an obviously dangerously quote when muslims freely admit it's legit.

That's one of the problems I have with that word, legitimate questions that lead to noncomplimentary conclusions can easily be dashed aside as "Islamophobic"

"Augustus" wrote:
That's one of the problems I have with that word, legitimate questions that lead to noncomplimentary conclusions can easily be dashed aside as "Islamophobic"

kinda like the term 'anti-semitism'...

i guess the way in which that hadith could be taken outta context is by saying it means Muslims are the enemies of Jews, we hate them, we are under obligation to kill them etc etc etc. when ofcourse this is not the case.
the fact is, muslims and jews have fought battles in the past, in the time of the Prophet (s.a.w) even, and that hadith is simply predicting a battle in the future (apparently close to the end of time)...

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

Basically he picked an easy target, he asked a guy who probably had very little knowledge of Islam. Plus what did that question have to do with the interview?

erm maybe you guys are unaware. Sky news has always been against muslims. It's no conspiracy theory, they have it high on their agenda. Almost every single time i've tuned in i've seen them attempt to mock islam and muslims. They remind me of FOX news (btw u guys see documentary on FOx news bias expose?-my bruv recorded it for me, see it wen i'm at my mums. Apparently it's excellent)

Other news programmes like those on the bbc tend to do the same but in a more discreet way, by inviting in guests who have little if no knowledge about islam. Once this brother was on satellite from another studio, whilst in the live studio they had a woman who knew very little about islam, but she had come as a representative for us. she obviously gave misleading information about islam, not intentionally i'm sure. But the brother then attacked the news reporter with incompetance. He said this is what all journalists do, whether it's a muslim topic or not you always invite in ppl who have little knowledge about the subject, just to defend your own agenda. Why did you invite this sister when it's clear she is a complete novice on the subject. You're asking her about the importance of hijab, and what not when she doesn't wear it, and can't understand why she should. Why don't you ever invite in sisters who wear the hijab and niqab. Sisters who are well spoken and have studied their religion, there are plenty on the streets of London itself. Or even Imams who can actually speak English. The presenter couldn't defend himself.

I remember the BBC/ITN invited in Shazia Mirza so called comedien to defend the hijab. she never dressed inappropriately but that day she had on a trouser suit with a low cleavage, and her hair was uncovered. That would have been no problem if she was speaking about anything but the hijab. The reporter even cussed her, if the hijab is obligatory and important for you to defend, why don't you wear it? She simply said sometimes she wears one sometimes she doesn't. But point is she wasn't a good representative for that subject was she, but the newsgroup chose her for some agenda of sorts.

And Bakri is very knowledgable on Islam! :roll:

Quote:
The Story of Imam Bhukhari (ra) (one of the most authentic compiler of Ahadith) proves that isnad is vey important. He once heard that someone had a hadith so he travelled very far and he saw the man calling to his horse tryin to lead him back to the stable and was using a tray (that thingy where u put the food) which was empty to get the horse into the stable. Seeing this Imam Bhukhari (ra) left without even speaking to that man as he believed if he can fool the horse then he can even try to fool a human. Hence the man had a flaw and Imam Bhukhari (ra) wasnt willing to take the Hadith from him.

hmm never heard that story before, sounds good Dirol