Dr. Zakir Naik - good or what?

221 posts / 0 new
Last post

"Augustus" wrote:
I get the feeling that Deedat and Zakir themselves aren't exactly scholarly, which Dust certainly confirmed in the case of Zakir.

they are not 'scholars' in terms of Islamic scholars, but they are experts in comparative religion... albeit self-taught (dunno bout deedat) but experts all the same.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

Quote:
They never really knew what Christianity was to begin with.

[b]what was it? enlighten me. or reply to some of the stuff they say....... which you 'think' are wrong[/b]

"*DUST*" wrote:
"Augustus" wrote:
I get the feeling that Deedat and Zakir themselves aren't exactly scholarly, which Dust certainly confirmed in the case of Zakir.

they are not 'scholars' in terms of Islamic scholars, but they are experts in comparative religion... albeit self-taught (dunno bout deedat) but experts all the same.

lol what's the difference between self-taught and self-declared?

Comparative religious is a doctoral program beyond seminary, it's not something you just "pick up" as time goes by.

"Augustus" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:
"Augustus" wrote:

lol what's the difference between self-taught and self-declared?

Comparative religious is a doctoral program beyond seminary, it's not something you just "pick up" as time goes by.

if they were simply 'self-declared' and hadnt bothered doing their homework, do u think they'd be in a position to debate (and usually win)?

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

Quote:
do u think they'd be in a position to debate (and usually win)?
usually? they always have :roll: mahsaAllah Smile

"wass786" wrote:
Quote:
do u think they'd be in a position to debate (and usually win)?
usually? they always have :roll: mahsaAllah Smile

maybe, but i cant say that with such certainty as i have not seen them as often as u seem to have done.

Quote:
maybe, but i cant say that with certainty as i have not seen them as often as u seem to have done.

ive watched over 10 upto yet. i can give you the site of his vids and you can see for yourself Smile

No one listen to the Shaykh Nuh talks?

"wass786" wrote:
Quote:
They never really knew what Christianity was to begin with.

[b]what was it? enlighten me. or reply to some of the stuff they say....... which you 'think' are wrong[/b]

Not where they are wrong - where they depart from the majority of Christianity.

Two major departures from Christian Doctrine are their belief in the "literal bible" and their belief in the "faith alone" doctrine.

While they share the idea of "faith alone" with Protestants they do not share the literal bible with Protestants.

[b]Augustus, they use All the religious scripts not just one. they mainly use the revised version where they threw many books out (not translated) like they always say. [/b]

[b]whos fault is it if the Bible (these days) keeps changing[/b]

"wass786" wrote:
Quote:
No one listen to the Shaykh Nuh talks?

sorry never heard :?

It was on the previous page of this thread.

"*DUST*" wrote:
if they were simply 'self-declared' and hadnt bothered doing their homework, do u think they'd be in a position to debate (and usually win)?

Demonstrating what about their knowledge of comparative religion?

The problem lies especially with the evangelical belief in a literal bible - it aligns to Islamic understandings of the Qur'an and is familiar terrain to them. The fact is there is no support for such an interpretation, and it doesn't conform to the faith and confessions of the major established churchs.

Thus when people ask questions like "How do you explain humanity from two people" or "why isn't there evidence of a great flood elsewhere in the world" or "How come the Pharoah's son has his skull bashed in when he supposedly died with all the first borns" it naturally collapses.

It doesn't take a doctorate to do that. Nor does it mean they are debating points of Christian theology - rather they are debating points of evangelical theology.

This stuff is for the most part debate i've already read from the good old Moody-Lipscomb days but continues into the present world in the flurry of paperwork generated by Timothy Tow and James R. White over the King James only debate.

The only difference is now these guys go out claiming to speak for Christianity, to debate other religions with flawed unrepresentative views.

It's not a reflection of the knowledge of Zakir, but the ignorance of men like Campbell.

"wass786" wrote:
[b]Augustus, they use All the religious scripts not just one. they mainly use the revised version where they threw many books out (not translated) like they always say. [/b]

[b]whos fault is it if the Bible (these days) keeps changing[/b]

Less bold.

I don't think you understand. It's not a matter of "which translation" or which religious script to use, nor a matter of Canon (which I think is what you are talking about) it's a matter of how those scriptures are interpreted and have been interpreted for the last 1,800 years.

The classical strain of Christian thought is that the Bible is inerrant as the word of God but not infallible in fact. A resent resurgence of the literal understanding of the bible - that is infallible in fact and lacking in parabolic depth, is in the new Evanglist movement.

This movement is 150 years old - that's it. While they are the fastest growing movement in Christianity, they are not its largest or its oldest. And their audacity in claiming to represent "Christianity" astounds the rest of us.

I wouldn't go so far as to say they aren't Christian, but they do not represent Christianity.

Quote:
why isn't there evidence of a great flood elsewhere in the world

science Proves that the flood could not of possibly been around the full of the earth, which the Bible today says.
like it describes the earth as flat or a circle
and the moon as light of its own like the sun

all these things are clear that its not the scripture that was sent to Jesus (p.b.u.h) but some men have edited it all

More bold

i'd love to see you asking a muslim scholar a question. obviously i dont know as well as them but im sure they have all the answers. even then you probably would never agree :roll:

August i get what you're saying it would be like a renowned Christian speaker mashing up a fringe Muslim speaker. the fringer of course would not have mainstream views and thus not have the full spectrum of answers

"wass786" wrote:
Quote:
why isn't there evidence of a great flood elsewhere in the world

science Proves that the flood could not of possibly been around the full of the earth, which the Bible today says.
like it describes the earth as flat or a circle
and the moon as light of its own like the sun

all these things are clear that its not the scripture that was sent to Jesus (p.b.u.h) but some men have edited it all

Either you completely misread everything I wrote or you are not reading it at all.

The Bible is not a science book. That is precisely my point - inaccuracies about a gigantic flood over the entire world, two people living in a garden populating all of man kind, and gigantic towers that stretch up to heaven are not shocking, nor do they demonstrate anything new to mainstream Christians.

[i]Evangelists[/i] might have a problem with this since they apparently have an aversion to science. But neither the fathers of the Church, nor the dominant thinkers in Christian history see this as a problem.

"seema*" wrote:
August i get what you're saying it would be like a renowned Christian speaker mashing up a fringe Muslim speaker. the fringer of course would not have mainstream views and thus not have the full spectrum of answers

That's it! - lol you condensed it into 2 lines, thank you Seema

"wass786" wrote:
More bold

i'd love to see you asking a muslim scholar a question. obviously i dont know as well as them but im sure they have all the answers. even then you probably would never agree :roll:

I assure you, you probably wouldn't have the foggiest idea what I would ask if I met a notable scholar.

Its notan argument.

Its a discussion.

Calm down wasss

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

To me The Adam and Eve AS story from the Islamic perspective makes perfect sense.

Hadhrat Adam AS was 60 cubic feet tall, the earlier people live for hundreds and thousands of years.

People are now smaller, manifold, and rarely live longer than one hundred years.

To me this says a very broad and magnificent gene pool eventually began to become too similar in people and so people got smaller, and live shorter lives.

Only a theory though. Biggrin

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

"wass786" wrote:
why dont you try to prove me wrong then? what are you hiding.... lets hear it

Okay, if you would care to debate me on the theological groundings of evangelism as an opportunity to substantiate Zakir's victories over "Christianity" I will be happy to educate you - create a thread. But I assure you, you are ill prepared to substantiate a religious movement that's barely existed for two centuries against somebody a little more grounded in Christian Doctrine and history than Dr. Campbell.

I know the history, I know the important names, I know the doctrines, I know when why and how they were formed and on what textual basis they reside.

I will confuse you with names like "St. Augustine" and "Pope Clement I." I'll take for granted that you know who these people are or why these facts are important, knowing full well I am speaking in a language so technical you wouldn't have the foggiest idea what I am saying. I'll talk about important figures you can't google like Mark Strauss, or the Reverend Moody. I'll do things like differenciate between fundamentalism and evangelism - which you probably didn't even know were seperate. I'll probably even bring up various councils like Trent and Vatican I you've never heard of and will only demonstrate i've got far too much time on my hands. There will be so much latin involved you won't even be sure what language to respond in.

Not that you'll have enough time to look up "sola christus"

That's what you would be debating - only to try to legitimate a movement you, a muslim, [b]think[/b] has a place in Christian doctrine and Canon you know nothing about; just because in the end you think it will help a self declared expert disprove a religion that's existed for 2,000 years.

But apparently my word on the matter isn't good enough and you seem to think you know more than the Christian - so go ahead and make the thread, I live on this stuff.

Quote:
To me The Adam and Eve AS story from the Islamic perspective makes perfect sense.

Hadhrat Adam AS was 60 cubic feet tall, the earlier people live for hundreds and thousands of years.

People are now smaller, manifold, and rarely live longer than one hundred years.

BoLd.,.,.,.,,.

bro every story makes perfect sense but only if you want to see it. if you look at the stories knowing your not going to believe in it then obviously you wont will you?

all the stories make perfect sense the more deep you read them

Is the size etc not from pure conjecture?

I thought it was.

And about how the Fire Prophet Ibrahim (as) was thrown in being what? this liong, this wide and this hot... its all conjecture unless it is directly quoted from the Quran or hadith.

storytellers try to diffuse the stories by ading more narrative.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Dawud" wrote:

To me this says a very broad and magnificent gene pool eventually began to become too similar in people and so people got smaller, and live shorter lives.

Only a theory though. Biggrin

Admin mentioned in the other thread that the Islamic story of Adam and Eve does not disagree with evolution, so this would be the second time i've come across this reasoning.

I can't seem to wrap my head around the Qur'an's account - it seems to be something you have to string together from various different places in the Qur'an, rather than any one particular spot... making it difficult for me to read.

Precisely were - if anywhere, does Darwinism run afoul in Islam?

Quote:
I can't seem to wrap my head around the Qur'an's account - it seems to be something you have to string together from various different places in the Qur'an

thats the point. its about different prophets but with the same message. and stories about what happend when they delieverd the message and how the disbelievers keep disbelieving (no offense aye) Biggrin

It says in the Quran that Prophet Adam (as) was sent down from heaven.

Now this either means it goes against darwinism, or it means that the sould was placed in the body...

And saying we are from monkeys is seen as an insult...

...so its taking a few things and running with it.

At the end of the day, Allah (swt) knows everything, and we do not.

[EDIT]

Wass you are answering the wrong question...

Pages