"The Terrorist Hijabi Experiment" - What Would You Do?

">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XPjQrQs3JY]

I would just walk by.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Live and let live innit. 

walking by is "let die"

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

This reminds me of a situation a few years back.

One morning when i had gotten onto the bus to go to work (yes we're talking that many years ago, I now loathe taking the bus). The bus was packed with the regular commutors, mostly people going to work. And i was busy reading the paper as the bus pulled into a bus stop.

Although i wasnt paying too much attention, it became clear after a moment that there was some sort of rukuss at the front of the bus. Peeking over the paper i spied a muslim sister trying to get onto the bus. The problem ofcourse was that she was using her bus pass which no doubt had her mug shot, but she now sported the vail. The bus driver ofcourse refused to let on because he couldnt match the bus pass with the person in front of him. The sister tried to explain her beliefs to him, and why she could not show her face. And to no ones surprise her arguement fell on deaf ears.

I noticed a eerie silence had falled on the bus as everyone eagerly watched this specticle. The sister continued to argue her point of view and the bus driver continued to insist he could not allow her on board. I dont remember if it was because I had felt bad for her or because I was becoming impatient at how long this arguement would go on for. Whilst I felt the sister had every right to wear a veil if she pleased, I was also sympathetic to the bus driver who was simply following company procedure/policy. 

In the end I took the perverbial middle road: I just walked up to the front and bought the sister a day-ticket. The sister wasnt therefore required to show her face and the bus driver didnt break any company rules.... and i could get back to my paper.

Back in BLACK

I'm sure you can show your face in these kind of situations. 

The ending of that was awesome! You saved the day. 

_Me_ wrote:
I'm sure you can show your face in these kind of situations. 

The ending of that was awesome! You saved the day. 

Not sure about saving the day, but it seemed like the whole thing got turned into a specticle where everyone just sat there watching. No one did a thing to help.

Back in BLACK

(and now that leads neatly onto where I was hoping the topic would go...)

Some people have done experiments where something bad or wrong happens infront of an audience.

The results are generally that if the audience numbered in say a single individual who could make a difference - so if a person fell onto train tracks or was getting beat up or mugged and a single person came into contact with the situation, he would act and make a difference.

However if the same incident happened and there was a crowd, maybe hundreds of people where any one person could make a difference, people would often fail to act. Quite interesting.

I guess people just dont want to get involved. People dont see it as their problem. They dont want the hassle or the trouble. As for me... well ive always been a bit weird lol

Back in BLACK

People are crazy

thats why maths can be good.

1+1 is not influenced by what side of the bed you woke up on.

Admin's referring to the bystander effect, which seems surprisingly common.

I've seen niqabis get on the bus using a pass, without any fuss. I was surprised at first, I wondered how it worked though - the driver can't tell of she is the person in the pic lol.

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Topic locked