Post Your Islamic CV's

Salaam

I was playing around with my CV last night…trying to figure out the best way to impress an employer….and how to avoid exaggerating and waffling.

Imagine if we had to write up a CV to impress God….what relevant skills, experiences, and references could we include?

Would our CV be impressive? And, if not how could we improve it?

I know there are a lot of humble people here on the forum…but it be nice to see some “Islamic CV’s” from birth till date…you know, all the relevant things that you have done in your life that you think would impress God (do not exaggerate please)…..OR you can make up an ideal “Islamic CV” and it can be something for us all to aspire to..

What do YOU think would impress God?

“Muhâsabah”…( which literally means reckoning, taking accounts) is a praiseworthy act in itself….the wise are those who regularly, take account and review their actions.

And slightly off the topic…how DO you write a perfect CV? :?

Wasalaam

i need amibition and I need it quick :?

its sumin that u either have or u dont

my CV is sumin I did when I was 16

I would have to send God a blank sheet, and explain why it isnt a mistake with the fax machine

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

CV... i wish i had one Biggrin

oh yeah...got a big mouth, can write a few words here and there... and thats about it , i think... Lol

will God be pleased with it..... thats a different issue altogether... :shock:

I'm hoping that Insha Allah T'ala if we have the right contacts and leave this place with faith, that Allah Subhanahu wa T'ala will not even consider my CV and admit me any way because of those Beautiful contacts.

I don't even want the job, I want to sit around all day doing nothing but being lost in The Awesomeness of The Supreme Employer.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

dunno first thing that sprung to mind was T.J's.........

What great CV would T.J's have ...a simple imitation of the work and life-style of Hadhrat Mohammed [i]Sallalahu alahi wasallam [/i]..

How impressive.....This is the only work today in Islam which is the most successful and the people are getting benifited by it in Huge amount.

I erm dont have much of a CV...I just hope the best i could do for life is to carry on teaching kids Quran etc..

"naj" wrote:

to carry on teaching kids Quran etc..

that in itself is a great act

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Hmmmm Yeah....

Its a killer though.... U have to be SO damn patient, Im thinking of retiring for abit , hopefully get a proper place in mosque...inshALLAH.

how many students you teach

and what age are they?

and at home or at thier houses?

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Well, i wasnt meant to be teaching.....

i took it on from my sister who had had enough lol @ home....

maximum had 22 yea.....chucked some bad ones out, kept decent ones ..

now got like 12..... mixed ages from 4 till 11.

Do my heading big time. But is a safe job.

worth the headache tho

your teaching the future of Islam the basics, and they go from there

you cant do anything without the foundations

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

Salaam

Decent references are a shortcut to pleasing Allah (swt).

Two people who simply befriend and love each other for the sake of Allah (swt) are one of the seven types of people under the shade of Allah (swt) on the day of Judgement.

Also, according to a hadith narrated in Bukhari the people of EHSAN (favours) will be granted the power of intercession on the Day of Judgement…according to that hadith the people of EHSAN will refuse to enter paradise until their Muslim brothers and sisters come with them.

So, guys its worth chasing your references up…

Wasalaam

could i reference you then? Smile

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"naj" wrote:

now got like 12..... mixed ages from 4 till 11.

Do my heading big time. But is a safe job.

tis a good job gal

sadqa jaria work-I help mum every day for an hour with the kids she teaches Arabic to

they are SO annoying

btw a lady at the top of my road teaches 20 kids a day-council shut her class down

according to health and saftey-only 6 kids are allowed at someones house at a time

thats OK for us since mum only teaches 6 a day

but my sister's islamic studies class can get up to 20 girls AND mums too :shock:

beware of sneaky neighbours trying to grass u upto the council :roll:

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:

according to health and saftey-only 6 kids are allowed at someones house at a time

I had not come across that one before...

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
but my sister's islamic studies class can get up to 20 girls AND mums too :shock: :

MashAllah....das good, does your sis and mum teach @ home ?

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
beware of sneaky neighbours trying to grass u upto the council :roll:

I doubt that would happen Yet no signs.....theres SO many kids in my area , and im always getting asked if so and so kid can join....i cant cope so dont take anymore in... but U never know...racism is high here.

mum teaches at home

so does sis-but she's looking to get access to a community centre cos our room is getting tight

i just thought i let u know about the 6 kids in a house at a time rule-since u teach too

my sisters very big on order n adab thats why no one can even tell that 20 girls leave our house

but if people complained-that class could get shut down too

bear classes round here are getting shut down Cray 2

Thats sad U know......

its ok for me we have a spare room.....

whats their problem anyway, nothing bothering them....

i dont think realistically more than 6 kids is a hazard lol

Coz if it was i'd cut down

actually having 20+ crazy kids-loud-naughty and out of control

and shoes all over the door way etc IS a fire hazard

it shud be up to the teacher to control them

the lady who's class got shut down had out of control kids-

IMO if u have ur kids under manners

its no prob

it be easy for us to go thru a fire drill with the kids that come to our house- cos our back room where they sit overlooks the garden and they very well beahved as it is

[u][b]Curriculum Vitae[/b][/u]

[b]Name:[/b] MuslimSisLilSis

[b]Address:[/b] Revival Forums
Earth UK
[b]
Date of Birth:[/b] 6th February 1987

[b]Health:[/b] Excellent

[b]Email:[/b]

[b]Tel (Home):[/b] 0207 999 9999

[b]Nationality:[/b] British

[b][u]Education:[/u][/b]

[b]BA Business Studies[/b]
2005-Present

[b]Uni[/b]
Currently in Year One of Business Studies degree

[b]A-Levels[/b]
2003-2005

[b]Loxford 6th Form[/b]
Attained A-levels in Chemistry (D) Business Studies (C) and English Literature (B).

[b]GCSEs[/b]
1998-2003

[b]Loxford School Of Science And Technology[/b]
1 A*, 10 Bs, 1 C (inc English, Mathematics and Science)

[u][b]Work Experience: [/b][/u]

Pelton Pharmacy
Pharmacist assistance

Health Advocate
General Hospital

[b][u]Other Skills and Interests:[/u][/b]

Talented in Microsoft office, including Word, Excel, FrontPage and Access. Have achieved GNVQ in ICT (grade merit). Good standard of written and spoken Urdu.
[u][b]
References:[/b][/u]

Mrs Smith
Health Advocate
General Hospital
London

Mr Patel
Manager EMBE department
General Hospital
London

My CV.. Whaddya all think?

Some things have been edited to ensure confidentiality

And the margins r all messed up coz i copy pasted from word

Anything else i need 2 add?

you need to correct your gcse dates

how could you be a year younger than me but be 2 years ahead of me at school....and where did you go missing for 3 years inbetween school and college Lol

i may post mine up....

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

dunni if theres any help here....but you may be able to add to yours...

[b]Name: [/b]Fresh Prince

[b]Address:[/b] Uncle Phil's House
Bell Air, Trouble Channel, Sky 607, 4.30pm

[b]Date of Birth:[/b] 8th August 1986
[b]Telephone: [/b] 118 118
[b]Mobile:[/b] 0786786786
[b]Email: [/b]

[b]Career Objective: To add value to an organisation by combining my academic record and theoretical knowledge in conjunction with my practical capabilities gained over respective tenures with various establishments and apply these in a legal setting, in any capacity. [/b]

[b]Education [/b]

2004- Present
Manchester Metropolitan University LLB Law (Hons)
1st year – included Contract; Tort; Constitutional and Administrative Law;
Attained a 2:1
2nd year – Human Rights; E.U.; Immigration; Criminal; Land Law

2002- 2004
OSFC
3 A-Levels: Law (B); Sociology (B); ICT (C)

1997- 2002
The Radclyffe School (Oldham)
10 GCSE's at grades A-C including Maths (A), Sciences (AA), English Lang (B), French (B), Geography (B), History (B), English Lit (C), RE (C)

[b]Employment[/b]

June – September 2005
Manchester Legal Partnership LLP, Manchester (Junior Admin)
Working within a Solicitors firm, I was responsible for Case Management Database, data organisation, liaising with clients and other firms regularly as well as general administrative duties. These duties gave me vital first hand experience of the claims process and its handling.

August 2004 – May 2005
Express Gifts Ltd, Oldham (Customer Services & Sales)
Dealing with a vast range of telephone enquires for a mail order company, inputting data into software system, promoting the company, calling back customers when necessary and supporting other team colleagues, as well as being part of the sales team.

September 2003 – January 2004
Ath- Leisure, Manchester (Sales Assistant)
Working in a retail environment has given me a wide knowledge of standards on textiles, footwear and accessories. I also have customer service experience. Whilst at work, sales targets were set and on a weekly basis I managed to top the sales figures set, mainly from selling footwear.

December 2002 – April 2003
Ath- Leisure, Manchester (Sales Assistant)
Same as above.

[b]Skills Section[/b]

Team Player
Motivated and enthusiastic by the challenge set in group projects on the course. Also disciplined myself in meeting agreed goals whilst being energetic, work under pressure and support members.

Initiative
Often whilst dealing with customer queries in regards to a product, I managed to successfully offer more products, if need be at discounted prices to ensure the customer was satisfied as well as achieving personal sales targets in the process.

Communication
Developed verbal and written skills through dealing with customers, and working in a legal firm required constant, if not daily, liaising with firms. Negotiating with team members in group assignments and carrying out presentations at seminars.

Organisation
Successfully managed to organise and host a whole range of events, from social to educational. Having to write for a popular nation wide magazine also requires a lot of organisation and remaining in contact daily with the editorial team who are also based nation wide.

Flexibility
Developed good time management skills in education and work, by planning ahead and prioritise tasks. University assignments required a lot of planning and organisation of resources towards deadlines. At work would be to reassuring customers to meet their needs.

IT Capabilities
Vastly experienced with computers as well as technology, learnt from personal experience as well as through education. Experienced use in all MS Office Applications, use of Internet searching and e-mailing as well as many database software. I have also mastered client management applications such as CICS, as well as F&I.

[b]Interests [/b]

• Active member of Islamic Society within the university.
• Take part in several tournaments as well as FA-officiated leagues.
• Like exploring cultures and travelling. Enjoyed exploring the United Arab Emirates, the Sub Continent and Europe on several occasions.
• Biggest interest would be in the technology department, as I am awed by its ever expanding nature and endless capabilities.
• A writer for a popular youth magazine and website which reaches out to the whole of the UK, and is ever-expanding.

References:
Craig Foster-Jones (partner)
Manchester Legal Partnership

Ansar Mahmood (Manager)
Express Gifts Ltd

========================================

Thats a few months old, doesnt take into account working in sales, made it before that. needs workin on....but who says im lookin for a job Smile

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Fresh Prince" wrote:

how could you be a year younger than me but be 2 years ahead of me at school....and where did you go missing for 3 years inbetween school and college Lol

i may post mine up....

??

i was born in '87

just turned 19 and I'm in my first year n Uni

how am I two years ahead of u

ur in ur sec year n Uni

my dates are right

btw impressive CV :shock:

wow, u two got some good gcse results :shock:

I only manage 3 C's :oops: but at least got my math and english, i guess the schooling system just wasn't for me. My CV a mix of ur two, not quite as rubbish as lilsis one Wink and not as good as FP

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"Fresh Prince" wrote:

i may post mine up....

??

i was born in '87

just turned 19 and I'm in my first year n Uni

how am I two years ahead of u

ur in ur sec year n Uni

my dates are right

btw impressive CV :shock:

You changed it!! ....[size=7]and im sure u twiddled ur gcse grades [/size]:wink:

and thanx for that Yuit, when u got ur own business, i'll apply for a job Smile

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

The school system is a loada (curses)

The stuff I learnt for my GCSE's are not helping with my Uni, except ofcourse the english language, which i cudve learnt watching day-time TV, or in a pub.

self education is the way to go.

The grades a person acheives at GSCE or A-level etc really dunt matter, ive seen complete idiots get good grades, and smart people get rubbish grades.

_____________- -SupeRazor- -_______________

Some ppl make their goals the stars.
They may live n die n never reach the stars,
but in the darkness of the night, those stars will guide them to their destination.
Becuz they made them in their eyesight

"yuit" wrote:

My CV a mix of ur two, not quite as rubbish as lilsis one Wink and not as good as FP

FYI :evil:

the only thing crap about my CV is the lack of work exp

and anyway

I'm only 19-I still got plenty of time to do sumin impressive to inlcude in my CV

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"yuit" wrote:

My CV a mix of ur two, not quite as rubbish as lilsis one Wink and not as good as FP

FYI :evil:

the only thing crap about my CV is the lack of work exp

and anyway

I'm only 19-I still got plenty of time to do sumin impressive to inlcude in my CV

hey yuit atleast she has a CV...

[size=7]...unlike some of us[/size] :oops:

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

no cv?

dont you have to have one at some point in life?

unless of course your plans lie within the house, or some kind of famliy business

[size=7]girlss.....always get the easy option[/size]

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Fresh Prince" wrote:
no cv?

dont you have to have one at some point in life?

unless of course your plans lie within the house, or some kind of famliy business

[size=7]girlss.....always get the easy option[/size]

lol yea ofcourse i may eventually need one, but alhumdulillah so far the need has not arisen... Wink

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

im gna hav a go at this, watch this space

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

Name: Miss Exquisite

Date Of Birth: 29/04/1989

Address: Exquisite Mansion
Exquisite Avenue
London

Email:

Telephone; who wants to know?

Education:

AS levels
2005-current
Mulberry sixth form for Girls

GCSE’s
2000-2005
Mulberry School for Girls

Religious Studies- A*
Maths- A
Science AA
History- A
ICT- A
English lang- B
English lit- B
French- B
Food- B
PE- B

Work experience:

McMillen Hamilton McCarthy Solicitors

Bank of America

Key skills

Master in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft word, Microsoft PowerPoint and Microsoft Publisher, fluent in English, Bengali and French

Ambition

To become a shareholder of Liverpool FC (best footie club in the world)
Further my knowledge in this blessed Deen

[b][color=DeepPink]O you who believe, If you help (in the cause of) Allah, He will help you, and make your foothold firm[/color][color=DeepSkyBlue] {Surah Muhammad7}[/color][/b]

Pages