Are British Universities Targeting Muslims?

more like infuriating... i must keep calm. there was so much drama abt the UCL thing. some annoying people with only the intention to cause mischief (my vocab restricted by my infuriation (...)) came in and wanted to sit unsegragately. cant remember if it was guys wanting to sit inthe girl's area or the other way round. anyway.

nowhere in this article does it mention how having segragated sitting leads to gender inequality i presume. if it does, let me know please.

someone please post some happy news.. im so angry right now...

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

From that BBC article: Director of the self-styled campus watchdog Raheem Kassam said: "What we have shown in this report is that gender segregation and discrimination on UK university campuses is not simply an increasing trend, but one that is growing despite universities being aware of the incidents.

"This is a deeply disturbing revelation, as campuses across the country are supposed to be committed to ensuring that students are not discriminated against, be it on the grounds of race, religion, sexuality, gender or otherwise".

-

Because i see absolutely NOTHING wrong with segregation i find it extremely annoying too. I'm failing to realise how segregation implies discrimination in the first place. If segregated events aren't for you, just don't go. Simples. It's not like you're being forced to attend anyway. 

Segregation can mean "hey, we have two areas, one for men, another for women" or it can mean "we want segregation, but we cant have two areas, send the women home!"

But groups in universities being monitores I would expect to be normal atleast to some degree.

The problem with student societies etc can be that its young people leading young people, so no life experience and akin to the blind leaving the blind.

Universities are places where many will look into Islam from their own will for the first time and there have been instances where this hasnt been done in the most healthy of ways and extreme voices can often be the loudest and closest, so I can't see a way around some sort of monitoring.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Well segregation in this case is having BOTH genders. Nobody is telling the female university students to go home - That's just very silly.

Am i the only one who thinks that there's nothing wrong in revealing what the Friday Khutbah will cover? What's there to hide anyway? If the people who want this information have a look, won't they realise that there's nothing 'wrong' being taught and nothing extemism-related being said. I know it might seem like they're spying by asking for such information but won't it create some sort of trust and understanding eventually? No?

Hummus wrote:
Am i the only one who thinks that there's nothing wrong in revealing what the Friday Khutbah will cover? What's there to hide anyway? If the people who want this information have a look, won't they realise that there's nothing 'wrong' being taught and nothing extemism-related being said. I know it might seem like they're spying by asking for such information but won't it create some sort of trust and understanding eventually? No?

who's upset abt revealing the khutba content?

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Looking To See wrote:
Hummus wrote:

who's upset abt revealing the khutba content?

Well one of the universities were banned from making a congregation indoors because they didn't want to reveal what they said in their Khutbahs. So now they pray outside. Have you watched the video that i posted?