Mental Fatigue

Salaam

Normally if you are unfit, you can exercise.

But how do you exercise the brain?

I have noticed my memory recently go extremely shoddy.

But today was a new thing. At work I mentally challenged a few customers. It was beautiful. A game of chess that I controlled. Ofcourse I sold. to people who would not normally buy off me.

But in under two hours I was knackered. Still am feeling it.

And I always feel entally tired. Is that laziness? lack of activation? and how do I rectify such things? have a good breakfast?

I think it is time I gave my brain a rest.

It has been far too active recently.

Interpersonal politics is a tough issue, and can be very taxing for a person who has the subtlety of a sledgehammer.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:
Salaam

Normally if you are unfit, you can exercise.

I have noticed my memory recently go extremely shoddy.

But today was a new thing. At work I mentally challenged a few customers. It was beautiful. A game of chess that I controlled. Ofcourse I sold. to people who would not normally buy off me.

But in under two hours I was knackered. Still am feeling it.

And I always feel entally tired. Is that laziness? lack of activation? and how do I rectify such things? have a good breakfast?

Salaam Admin,

Unfortunately the older you become, the more your brain density decreases i.e. you have fewer neurones (the building blocks of the brain) to use. This is why it becomes harder to learn and remember new things as we get older...

However, it's not all doom and gloom.
The rate at which the atrophy of the brain occurs can be reduced by taking a few simple steps:
-Eating more fruit, vegetables, seeds and nuts: Contain all the vitamins the brain needs to function.
-Eating more fish (especially oil fish) or try taking extra strength cod liver oil capsules (just make sure the capsules are not made out of gelatine, Holland&Barratt do a range of vegetarian cod liver oil capsules): The brain is mainly composed of the type of fat you find in Omega-3 fish oils.
-Drink milk: The calcium is good for nerve transmissions.
-Exercise: helps to increase blood flow to the brain.
-Do puzzles: effectivley they exercise the brain and help re-establish 'lost' neurone connections.

Incorporating the above steps, into your daily routine, should put your brian into better shape and stop you from feeling so tired...

I'll aim to visit this forum on alternate nights so just let me know then if you need anything else.

May peace be blessed upon you.

Docendo Discimus

If it is not a job you are passionate about, it will be annoying to be knackered. That is what I dislike about sales, it is a waste and in fact a criminal abuse of hard won credibility. Whereas I think if you were working for a health centre or, say, for Shelter, it would be a pleasure to find yourself mentally fatigued by the people thing.

I think exhausting yourself on people is a sign of growth - but I just don't think a salesman grows right.

I don't have enough work and have been thinking of applying for an English Heritage vacancy, showing people around stately homes and the like. Nobody's going to tell me that if I stick it out for a week I'll be team leader and if the team does well I'll be rich, but if that was ever true I didn't see it.

[size=9]Whatever you do, know that I will always love you. Or else.[/size]

"100man" wrote:
If it is not a job you are passionate about, it will be annoying to be knackered."
"Whereas I think if you were working for a health centre or, say, for Shelter, it would be a pleasure to find yourself mentally fatigued by the people thing."

Salaam,

From my own experience I'd back up what 100man wrote...
We spend so much time at work, we should at least find it satisfying...

Also, 100man, is that the Ark of the Covenant (aron habrit) as your Avatar Smile
(I knew watching Indiana Jones would come in useful one day....).

May peace be blessed upon you.

Docendo Discimus

Yes it is! The Aron Kodesh!

Shalom, shalom!

[size=9]Whatever you do, know that I will always love you. Or else.[/size]

Salaam

It depends what kind of mental fatigue you’re talking about…

I feel mentally drained out atm…

But I can fix that by spending the next two days by only reading/watching and speaking about shallow and non intellectually stimulating stuff.

Reading of course, stimulates the brain…and so does trying to figure out a solution to a problem.

And lack of action of course, makes the brain dull and dead.

But I didn’t really think a brain could get tired..?

Wasalaam

yes muslim sister a brain can get tired, knackered and slow. i think only sleep can refresh it and lots of de-stressing

I usually get very depressed when my mind is not active.

But sleep is great to refresh the mind...but I've noticed that if you have a lot of stress and you go to sleep you have nightmares all night long.

"MuslimSister" wrote:
I usually get very depressed when my mind is not active.

But sleep is great to refresh the mind...but I've noticed that if you have a lot of stress and you go to sleep you have nightmares all night long.

thats true

Salam

"Admin" wrote:

Think honestly.

Omrow

i like that Omrow i like that very much - think honestly not only does it exercise the mind but it also get rid of stress and clarifies it

Salam

Thinking in full honesty has power to transform everything in one's life.

Omrow

true, take any one virtue such as honesty or patience etc any one and live by even just that one we can be transformed

Try this .

Mentally drain ya brain all day long.

- Go to sleep bout 10.

- Wake up 7 hours later, at 5 in the morning, and read Salat-ul-Tahajjud.

- Drink water, bout 2 glasses.

- Read Quran, atleast bout 5 pages or so

- Pray Fajr.

- Set off on your daily wat'd'ya'callit, and see the difference.

Oh and fit breakfast in there sumwher too.

_____________- -SupeRazor- -_______________

Some ppl make their goals the stars.
They may live n die n never reach the stars,
but in the darkness of the night, those stars will guide them to their destination.
Becuz they made them in their eyesight