How do you truly argue something with conviction?

Say for example someone says to you,

'So, around the time when the Muhammed Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) had the revelation of the Qu'ran sent to him, how do you truly know that it is the word of Allah (swt) and not because ideas of those certain facts mentioned in Qu'ran (that are always shown to be correct against the science now) are not ideas that people had at the time?'

That was very wordy. I apologise. But my eyes are tired.

If it was generally accepted ideas of the time, why were they only recorded in one place (The Quran)?

There was a documentary that was on Channel 4 recently that tried to "expose" Islam and its routes.

One of its central arguments was that Islam was so alien to where it was revealed/founded, it could not possibly be from there as there was nothing to influence and form those ideas.

If you look at the same thing from an Islamic angle, it indicates validity of revelation.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

The bit I struggle with is...

when someone says something about your religion and you feel a bit hurt by it

so you want to say something back to make them see what you see

but what you see has the foundation of complete faith that the Qu'ran is the word of God (swt)

But to explain that to someone who raises their eyebrow at you is difficult