The Revival Magazine

Couldnt find the appropriate thread, got sore head can't do thorough research, anyway whens the issue due out, my other Q news magazine hasnt come (supposed to in may!!) so i am very anxious to read a magazine!

SO WHEN IS THE NEXT ISSUE COMING OUT????????

Salaam

It should be at printers this week.

So probably next friday.

WS

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

salaam

the hardest thing in the world is getting a magazine out..
ask any editor....

well, of a msulim magazine that is!

In last 10 years or so....which MUSLIM magazine is really really brilliant? which one is really really popular? which one really has an affect on its readers? does anyone really learn anything?what do magazines achieve? does anyone read magazines at all?
[b]IS IT AN AWFUL LOT OF EFFORT FOR NOTHING??????[/b]

neway..thats my moan for the day....
next issue was supposed to have been out in first week of july, but surprise , surprise ..its a wee bit late...

[b]editorial wise[/b], we're trying to fit in the london bomb blast in at the last minute...

[b]advertising[/b]..... so so

[b]front cover[/b]- done

[b]layout[/b]....60% done..shud be finalsied in a couple of days...

shud be [b]sent to printers[/b] on this friday..

and inshallah ready for ditribution on [b]last week of july[/b]....

ur duaas will be appreciated

wasalaam

I've seen it, nah nyanya nyaah nah!

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Admin" wrote:

wel thats no surprise!
but ed did say he'd show those of us who asked to see it... Sad

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"Aasiyah" wrote:
"Admin" wrote:

wel thats no surprise!
but ed did say he'd show those of us who asked to see it... Sad

course you'll see it... when it comes out! Blum 3

Just ask Ed to send you a copy of it.

But are you SURE you want to see it?

"Admin" wrote:
But are you SURE you want to see it?

no, i've only asked like 10 times for the heck of it... Blum 3 Wink

i just mailed ed for it... :roll:

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:
salaam

ask any editor....

In last 10 years or so....which MUSLIM magazine is really really brilliant? which one is really really popular? which one really has an affect on its readers? does anyone really learn anything?what do magazines achieve? does anyone read magazines at all?

Mr Ed stop moaning-be a man

any Tom Di ck and Harry can start a Islamic mag...but being constant and steadfast at it is sumin that ONLY a REAL MAN can do

course people read it-

if out of 10, 000 mags only 5,000 get read-u shud consider ur job well done

another thing-dont give in under pressure

when people moan about the delays tell them that YOUR the boss YOUR doing THEM a favour by publishing a FREE mag so its up to YOU when you choose to get it ready

dont make deadlines for yourself

also get more people to do the donkey work

distribute the work load

I am quiet sure out of the 10,000 prints, atleast 30,000 people read it...

(Do you, your sister, brother, friends all have a copy each? or do some read it whilst around you?)

"TheRevivalEditor" wrote:
salaam

ask any editor....

next issue was supposed to have been out in first week of july, but surprise , surprise ..its a wee bit late...

[b]editorial wise[/b], we're trying to fit in the london bomb blast in at the last minute...

[b]advertising[/b]..... so so

[b]front cover[/b]- done

[b]layout[/b]....60% done..shud be finalsied in a couple of days...

shud be [b]sent to printers[/b] on this friday..

and inshallah ready for ditribution on [b]last week of july[/b]....

ur duaas will be appreciated

wasalaam

Delegate the workload.

So theres not just one person doing everything.

Back in BLACK

"Admin" wrote:
I am quiet sure out of the 10,000 prints, atleast 30,000 people read it...

(Do you, your sister, brother, friends all have a copy each? or do some read it whilst around you?)

families with lots of brothers and sisters dont normally get one each

i think we have two in our house

one is mine and my sisters the other one is my brothers

salaam

ok, revival layout 99% done, advertising almost done.....
new editorial and article on jihad, extremism, suicide bombing added...
also new turkey of the month has been added...
should be sent to printers this week now...

this issue has taken longer than normal, but complete now isnhallah

wasalaam

What areas of the country does The Revival mostly get distributed in?

Well the old 'turkey of month' has now been scrapped in favour of something more current.

The old one was aimed at Revival launching in late June, early july. I may stick that on the site.

Ed remember "if its worth doing, its not worth rushing."

Call that Admin's quote. Blum 3

"Admin" wrote:

Ed remember "if its worth doing, its not worth rushing."

Or as my old English teacher, who has since committed suicide, used to say, 'Perfect Planning Prevents Poor Performance'.

You need to work out a better plan and timetable for each new edition.

There is no such thing as perfect planning.

Do you think if we could have, we should have sent the magazine to the printers the day after the bombings, without any mention? I believe that what was the modified original plan (send it to printers around 8 July, original being first week of july).

"Admin" wrote:
There is no such thing as perfect planning.

Do you think if we could have, we should have sent the magazine to the printers the day after the bombings, without any mention? I believe that what was the modified original plan (send it to printers around 8 July, original being first week of july).

IMO you were right to delay and include the London bombings. But your planning should envisage the need for delay in the event of a big news story.

Heh, that plan is "when its ready, its ready."

I am a firm believer in that plan.

"Admin" wrote:
Heh, that plan is "when its ready, its ready."

It's not like we're all waiting here on tender hooks for the next installment of the Rev'Ed's literary genius.

It's The Revival, it's no Harry Potter. Smile Wink

I think I should add HP to the banned words list. Blum 3

"Admin" wrote:

id agree with that one lol

"Admin" wrote:

Not if anything to say about it I have!

Back in BLACK

"Seraph" wrote:
"Admin" wrote:

Not if anything to say about it I have!

you mean 'not if i have anything to say about it'? lol

Well the next issue will bw with the printers really soon (monday or tuesday).

It just a little late. But thats us.

Just for those who never saw the cover we were going to have, I will put it below, as due to recent event it has been changed much to my protestations. :evil:

Aasiyah I know you wanted to see it.

I'll stick it on in two minutes.

IMAGE REMOVED. The artist may want to use it for other things, but someone may nick concept.

Ed if you don't want this to be shown, (i.e if you change your mid Wink ) just delete the image link.

"Admin" wrote:

Just for those who never saw the cover we were going to have, I will put it below, as due to recent event it has been changed much to my protestations. :evil:

Aasiyah I know you wanted to see it.

I'll stick it on in two minutes.

thanx admin. Smile

that front cover likes sumin out of a horror film

I'm sure addicts eyes dont get THAT red

They do.

I only have to walk up the main road to check.

Pages