Too Sexy for her Fat

Quote:
Doha: An increasing number of Qatari women are going in for plastic surgery primarily for breast lifts and belly reduction, reports Al Sharq.

There is a mad rush among Qatari women for looking young and beautiful and they are having plastic surgery for tightening their cheeks, breasts and belly.

"We are doing some six to seven operations a day," Dr Habib Al Basti, plastic surgery consultant at the Rumailah Hospital, said.

Plastic surgery is itself undergoing a sea change in Qatar due to the rising number of operations on demand, he said.

"I think it's all linked to the overall development taking place in the country," said the doctor. "There is a long waiting list at our clinic," he added.

A growing number of well-educated, British-born Asian women in their 20s are combining annual visits to relatives in Pakistan with cut-price, nip-and-tuck operations, surgeons say.

Hundreds of Pakistani Britons are booking cheap plastic surgery in their ancestral homeland, three times the number just four years ago. Nose jobs, tummy tucks, liposuction and breast enlargements are the favoured treatments for many who feel "pressure to have Western features" but who want to pay only a fraction of what they would be charged in Britain.

Why the sudden rush to conform to western favoured features?

Why mostly women? Are people generally that unpleased with their physical appearance they are willing to have plastic surgery done?

So what god made is no longer beautiful anymore?

Isnt this all too superficial?

If you feel beautiful on the inside then you feel bautiful on the outside, so is getting lastic surgery gonna change the way you feel inside?

Hav we really sunk soo low that we do judge people by their personal appearance?

subhanAllah, thats quite sad actually. I think Plastic surgery for superficial reasons is wrong. Yeah, so they may wanna look younger and more "beautiful" - but they are going to die one day, and their age is still gonna be the same as the one on thier birth certificate and passport :roll:

Changing what Allah has given them is wrong, and it looks quite obvious when a woman has had a facelift like joan rivers >>>

' Nay, verily! With me is my Lord, He will guide me ' {2662}

"Alisha" wrote:

Holy Crap! IT BURNS IT BURNS!!!

She looks terrible.

why cant people be happy with that they've got? Always looking for the short cuts or the quick fix.... hello people inner beauty... ever heard of it.

If you feel beautiful on the inside it shows on the outside. If you think you look ugly then your prob ugly on the inside... Or is that going too far?

Back in BLACK

lolz@it burns!! Lol

I blame society, they place such enourmous pressure on women to look a certain way.

If these women wanna look different why not go gym, get a haircut or try some different makeup :? its better than surgery and anyway, what if the surgery goes wrong... I doubt they'll wanna end up lookin like pete burns! Yuk!!

check this out. SICK!

"Alisha" wrote:
check this out. SICK!

isnt that the disgusting perverted guy from big b ^^^^

people seriously need help who consider plastic surgery for looking beautiful.... its pure sick and one thing i'd never ever do.

Its mostly influenced by the celebs i'd say...and why women? maybe because more ladies suffer from low-self esteem and want to look good.

Its sad to see muslims dont realise the body is amanah...or they do and remain ignorent of the fact that utilising the human body is HARAAM.

"Seraphim" wrote:
If you think you look ugly then your prob ugly on the inside... Or is that going too far?

yes ^^^^ is going abit far and is not true. I know people who say they are ugly well say not good looking and they have got the most beautiful charachters. People who consider beauty everything seriously need help.

some people need plastic surgery

cos they are born with some defect or sumin

some people just have low self esteem

good diet, decent hair cut, good clothes and right attitude can make anyone look good

Yeah @ naj, its him. :x

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
some people need plastic surgery

cos they are born with some defect or sumin

I believe in that case it is permitted.

Q) Is Cosmetic Surgery Allowed?

A) In the name of Allah, Most Compassionate, Most Merciful,
Mutilation of one’s body has been clearly prohibited in Islam. Allah Almighty mentions in Surah al-Nisa the words of Shaytan, when he said: “I will mislead them and I will order them to slit the ears of cattle, and to deface the (fair) natural creation of Allah.” (4: 119)

To deface the fair nature created by Allah, both physically and spiritually is what Shaytan likes and orders to practise.

Sayyiduna Abd Allah ibn Mas’ud (Allah be pleased with him) said: “Allah’s curse is on those women who practise tattooing and get themselves tattooed, and those who remove hair from their faces, and those who make space between their teeth artificially to beautify themselves. They are such that they change the nature and features created by Allah. Allah’s Messenger also cursed such women.” (Recorded by Imam al-Bukhari and Imam Muslim in their respective Sahih collections)

In view of the above, the jurists (fuqaha) have declared all types of mutilation to one’s body to be unlawful (haram) unless when Shariah permits to do so, such as: circumcision, trimming the hair of the body, cutting the nails, etc… or that which is considered an adornment for the body, such as: piercing the ears or the nose, etc.

Cosmetic Surgery

Cosmetic surgery for the purpose of beautifying oneself is also (in light of the above explanation) impermissible. The body given to us by our creator is a trust (amanah), thus it is unlawful to tamper with it in any way. If one does so, one will be committing the sin of “changing the nature created by Allah” (taghyir khalq Allah).

However, if there is a genuine need, for example, a particular organ of the body is severely deformed, the nose is damaged or a child is born with six fingers, etc…, then to perform cosmetic surgery will become permissible.

Imam Abu Dawud, Imam Nasa’i and Imam Tirmidhi (Allah have mercy on them) relate in their respective Sunan collections, that a Companion (sahabi) by the name of Arfajah ibn Aswad (Allah be pleased with him) had his nose damaged in the battle of kulab. He replaced it first with silver, and then with a nose made of gold, with the order and consent of the Messenger of Allah (Allah bless him & give him peace).

It is stated in al-Fatawa al-Hindiyya:
“If one intends to cut off an extra finger, it will be permissible as long as there is no fear of perishing.” (4/114)

It should be also remarked here that, if cosmetic surgery was carried out due to a genuine reason, then the ablution (wudu) and obligatory bath (ghusl) will be valid by letting the water flow on the surgical area, even though the water does not reach the actual body. (See: Raddal-Muhtar, 1/104)

In conclusion, cosmetic and plastic surgery for the purpose of beautifying and adornment is impermissible. However, if there is a genuine need due to something being abnormal or deformed, then there is a dispensation of permissibility.

And Allah Knows Best

Muhammad ibn Adam
Darul Iftaa
Leicester , UK

Gossip is the most destructive thing in the universe...

Did u pinch that from somewhere?

Back in BLACK

SIMPLY NOT ALLOWED.. for the purpose of vanity..

Impancipation of the body..NO NO NO..

Did U know that "shaving your beard, falls within the ambit of this law"..

Also Ladies... wanna look... well eat well and exercise..

Simple training and diet will get rid of those fatty loose aging bits... and keep ur hubby happy.

Where there is a will there is a way..

"*DUST*" wrote:
"Seraphim" wrote:
Did u pinch that from somewhere?

lol should hav guessed that, it does say it at the bottom of his post.

must be getting old... im beginning to miss the obvious. :oops:

Back in BLACK

What some people wont do for a little attention.

And why would you wanna look alike?

Back in BLACK

How weird... :?

What would they do if they broke up?

This is just as silly as getting the name of you other half tattooed on your body.

break each others noses?

i'd imagine that would happen anyway when they split

so its all good

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

My mum said that a person is not allowed to change her body because it shows ungratefulness to God.

Is this another timeless old desi saying :roll: Because threading, waxing, cutting and dying hair, body piercing and make up which every girl does would come under this category.

I don't [u]think[/u] so.

Gentleness and kindness were never a part of anything except that it made it beautiful, and harshness was never a part of anything except that it made it ugly.

Through cheating, stealing, and lying, one may get required results but finally one becomes

"Ramz" wrote:
My mum said that a person is not allowed to change her body because it shows ungratefulness to God.

Is this another timeless old desi saying :roll: Because threading, waxing, cutting and dying hair, body piercing and make up which every girl does would come under this category.

What people would go through just to look good, I blame the media and Commercials.

Dame those commercials!!!!!! :evil:

Who is the cat of the Forum? MEZ!
Your damn right!

Every girl to a certain extent changes her looks. Mez have you never cut you hair ever?

"Ramz" wrote:
Every girl to a certain extent changes her looks. Mez have you never cut you hair ever?

Yeh, but only a trim from the bottom of my hair but never been to any hair dressers at all. :oops:

Your damn right!

Threading, waxing, straightened your hair, applied make up?

Every girl does something to herself.

"Ramz" wrote:
Because threading, waxing, cutting and dying hair, body piercing and make up which every girl does would come under this category.

ur mom is right - Islamically, any [b]permanent[/b] changes (tattooing, plastic surgery etc.) made to one's body show ungratefulness to Allah and are forbidden.

the things u mentioned above are all temporary and enhance one's God-given beauty, as opposed to changing it altogether, and they are allowed.

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"Ramz" wrote:
Threading, waxing, straightened your hair, applied make up?

Every girl does something to herself.

Yeh true, but first of all I have not got a straightener but only my cousin sister did my hair, on one of my cousins wedding but never after that. Never wear any make up at all, but I did get threading done from my cousin as well once never after that. :roll:

Your damn right!

My mum never mentioned permanent changes. She was mainly talking about threading and piercings.

I would never consider plastic surgery or tattoo's.

"Ramz" wrote:

I would never consider plastic surgery or tattoo's.

So true! I would never do that in a million years!!

Your damn right!

"Ramz" wrote:
My mum never mentioned permanent changes. She was mainly talking about threading and piercings.

oh ok. well if she was referring to threading of the eyebrows, and piercings on the lip/tongue or disgusting places like that, she'd still be right. other than that, most temporary changes are allowed... Wink

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

Every religious woman I've asked about the eyebrows says something different. Some say you can only do the middle and some say you cant do them at all.

I wouldnt ever pierce anything other than my ear and nose.

"Ramz" wrote:
Every religious woman I've asked about the eyebrows says something different. Some say you can only do the middle and some say you cant do them at all.
there's no such thing as 'religious women' really coz its between the person and Allah. Wink
majority of the scholars say that if someone has a monobrow, they can seperate it by taking out the hair in the middle, above the nose. and that the only other exception is when a woman has eyebrows which are so dense/bushy, they resembles mens', in which case she can take out some to reduce the bushiness, but not to change the overall shape.

"Ramz" wrote:
I wouldnt ever pierce anything other than my ear and nose.
not even a belly button piercing? Wink - we were discussing this on the girls thread a while back...

Pages