What Do YOU Know About The Karbala?

239 posts / 0 new
Last post

Its not clear.

ftr, I did not know that people eat haleem in Muharram.

They can eat it whenever they want for all I care.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"Saadia Khan" wrote:
salaam

does any body know of any good speeches!! in urdu, about the events of the Karabala have searched and iam still searching the Minhaj-ul-Quran website, all seem to be a bit vague, saying that havent lisend to them all in full!! if anybody can please help id be very grateful i have a speech to prepare for the 5th!!

JazakAllah

Wa/salaam

There's two translations of Urdu lectures up at the moment.

One is on the status of Hadrat Fatima (ra)

[url=

And another is on the secrets of Muhurrum

[url=

Good luck with your speech...I'm sure the main sites will have some Muhurrum lectures up very soon.

And regarding Haleem...mum makes it about once a month.Only recently I found out that people usually eat it in Muhurrum.

Its a non issue.

"Saadia Khan" wrote:
salaam

does any body know of any good speeches!! in urdu, about the events of the Karabala have searched and iam still searching the Minhaj-ul-Quran website, all seem to be a bit vague, saying that havent lisend to them all in full!! if anybody can please help id be very grateful i have a speech to prepare for the 5th!!

JazakAllah

Wa/salaam

what are u doin it on, the karbala generally or the significance of Imam Hussain (ra) martyr. The lectures that u can listen to are "the message of karbala" and "events of karbala".

Or u can get this one "The significance of the event of Karbala" from here:
[url=

Also my sis is doin a speech and she said if you need any info you can ask her, she said she's more than happy to help, she's also doin a speech.

"Med" wrote:
Beast bro, the difference is that people have made it a part of religion and have made it an act of virtue and worship.

Thus it is rejected.

The issue is clear, alhamdulillah.

so people worship haleem? and consider it sawaab to munch it?

ur lame assumption is rejected

The issue is COMMON SENSE, alhamdulillah

welcome back lilsis may you prosper

Muharram is the time for quiet and contemplation. for reciting and listening to the story of Karbala for much crying. it is a sad month. a month for deep reflection - well this is how i feel

haleem i eat any time

just thinking about the word Karbala brings tears and a tightening of the chest and shortness of breath

i dont care what any one else thinks Shia or otherwise, i feel my heart bursting at the story of Karbala, well at even the thought, because i never survive through the first few paragraphs of any recital

"seema*" wrote:
Muharram is the time for quiet and contemplation. for reciting and listening to the story of Karbala for much crying. it is a sad month. a month for deep reflection - well this is how i feel

haleem i eat any time

just thinking about the word Karbala brings tears and a tightening of the chest and shortness of breath

i dont care what any one else thinks Shia or otherwise, i feel my heart bursting at the story of Karbala, well at even the thought, because i never survive through the first few paragraphs of any recital

Go Seemo Dirol

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

"seema*" wrote:
...because i never survive through the first few paragraphs of any recital

wots a recital? i mean i know wot a recital is, but in this context what is it, what do u recite...

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"Med" wrote:

Pls bring forth a proof from the Quran and Sunnah for this devilish acts, otherwise fear ALLAH.

First YOU bring proof from quran and sunnah that making haleem in muhurrum and listening to talks on muhurrum in muhurrum is a devilish act

otherwise fear ALLAH

lol.

You obviously are getting confused.

For something to be an act of virtue or ibaadah it must have proof from the Quran and Sunnah.

You cannot provide any evidence for this innovation and there are ahadeeth which make clear the end of innovation: viz hellfire.

Either provide your evidence, or keep your mouth shut please about topics which you dont have a clue what is going on.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Med" wrote:
lol.

You obviously are getting confused.

For something to be an act of virtue or ibaadah it must have proof from the Quran and Sunnah.

You cannot provide any evidence for this innovation and there are ahadeeth which make clear the end of innovation: viz hellfire.

Either provide your evidence, or keep your mouth shut please about topics which you dont have a clue what is going on.

lol

Your obvioulsy losing it

Bollywood tunes have obvioulsy turned ur brains to mush

NO ONE here has said that eating haleem in muhurrum is "an act of virtue or ibaadah"

so stop chatting outta ur backside

btw why the hell u chatting about Muhurrum in the build up to Muhurrum

how typical of u-u break one of ur own lame rules and indulge in double standards :roll:

talking about muhurrum near muhurrum is BIDDAH according to u

so pls keep ur mouth shut

ok.

LilSis, I take it u dont know what the meaning of logic is? cos you obviously just blabbering on.

The celebration of Muharram as a month of mourning is innovation which many people indulge in. I am warning against this.

Continue with your accusations.

k, whatevaa.

Ya ALLAH Madad.
Haq Chaar Yaar

"Med" wrote:

the people of innovation make haleem specifically in this month because they think it is a sunnah;

according to YOUR logic

myself and others here are people of innovation

dont deny it

u banged on about it enough times

and u have said

"Med" wrote:

the people of innovation make haleem specifically in this month because they think it is a sunnah;

I dont consider it sunnah

so keep YOUR accusations to urself

next he's gonna say "oh I wasnt referring to YOU, I was chatting generally" :roll: :roll:

"Med" wrote:
The people of innovation make haleem specifically in this month because they think it is a sunnah.

Define Sunnah.

The difenition is whatever the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) did, said approved of, or did not disapprove of when carried out in his presence.

Next there is a further generalisation, where the same extends to the Sahaabah's actions sayings and approvals.

and please answer the question in the other topic where your words are very close to insulting the Prophet (saw).

While I had no idea about this haleem thing (first I heard of it was here. before then I thought it as siomething cooked when people wanted to mix foods. Something I do not like...), if it was carried out by a sahaabiyah, it is sunnah.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

"*DUST*" wrote:
"seema*" wrote:
...because i never survive through the first few paragraphs of any recital

wots a recital? i mean i know wot a recital is, but in this context what is it, what do u recite...

recital in this case is retelling of the events of Karbala.

and the Shia have a totally different method of reciting as Med well knows.

Dear Med do you not know that i am quite aware of the Shia's way of Muharram,they wear black etc etc in this month and as you know do a whole lot of things which the Brelvi do not do

as a Muslim i feel deeply for the events that took place and think hearing them makes my love for the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) and his blessed family stronger

Med......you knw how to twsit and exxegarate dont you??? :shock:

me aint heard of Haleeem, and with a name like that - i dont think i'll be touching it

and poeple are using this month in a good way, and u wanna tell em that theres no relevance in the events of Karbalah? :?

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Hayder" wrote:
me aint heard of Haleeem, and with a name like that - i dont think i'll be touching it

lol, dunno wot pakistani haleem is like, but the indian one sure is NICE! [size=7](and thats coming from someone who isnt even much of a food person!)[/size] Smile

and guys, Med's point always gets sidelined due to his condescending, harsh tone - i've told him a million times but he just cant seem to drop it. :roll: which is not good coz the few times he actually has a point, noone listens! Lol

in this case, i can kinda see where he's coming from: SOME people consider the eating of haleem in muharram as an act which will give them reward. if they see it this way, it IS bid'ah. if u are eating it just coz it tastes nice and hey, everyone's distributing it nowadays, then good for u. Wink

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

i thikn it would be the latter

coz ive never heard of Muharaam and Haleem connection

i presume hes twisted the truth, n started up the Fatwa engine

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"Hayder" wrote:
i thikn it would be the latter

coz ive never heard of Muharaam and Haleem connection

i presume hes twisted the truth, n started up the Fatwa engine

it can be both. he hasnt twisted the truth, he's just relayed it in his usual messed up way. this sentence:
"*DUST*" wrote:
SOME people consider the eating of haleem in muharram as an act which will give them reward.

was from my own knowledge, not just based on Med's assumptions.

ah ryt, silly people then arent they!

but im yet to see it happen

He is free, he is mad,

ɐɥɐɥ

"*DUST*" wrote:
"Hayder" wrote:

lol, dunno wot pakistani haleem is like, but the indian one sure is NICE! [size=7](and thats coming from someone who isnt even much of a food person!)[/size] Smile

have to AGREE wiv you there....i've only had indian haleem and its wicked.

"seema*" wrote:

recital in this case is retelling of the events of Karbala.

what else take place at these mehfils..? or is that it ^^^

How much do the shias differ...

I was of the impression that any act that is allowed, if done with the right intention is eligible for reward?

If you eat, and you read bismillah, and you intention is for the food to nourish you to be able to carry out Islamic acts, it is rewarded. If you shop, but your intention is religious in some way, you will be rewarded?

Am I wrong?

"Darth V-Hayder" wrote:
and poeple are using this month in a good way, and u wanna tell em that theres no relevance in the events of Karbalah? :?

no doubt the martyrdom of Sayyidna Husain radhiallah anhu is one of the most tragic eposides of history ...but

its like some people attribute the sanctity of 'Ashura' to the martyrdom of sayyidna Hussain rahiallah anhu during the battle...yet we believe the sanctity of ashura cannot be ascribed to this event for the simple reason that the sanctity of ashura was established during the days of the Holy prophet mohammed sallalahu alahi wasallam much earlier than the birth of sayyidna Husain radhiallah anhu.

like med previously said we fast because it was the day Musa alahi salaam crossed the red sea and the firawn was drowned...

people are following the ways of the kaafirs, by taking this month to be a month of mourning and saddness.

erm... I do not think non-muslims care about the martyrdom of Imam Hussain, thus they do not see any sadness.

"Admin" wrote:
erm... I do not think non-muslims care about the martyrdom of Imam Hussain, thus they do not see any sadness.

kaafirs/non-muslims = christians, jews, hindus ,qadiyanis and shi'ites etc... by me.

ok we've had this before end of.

"Admin" wrote:
We have an [url= on this topic on the website. However I may replace/remove it as I am not really happy with it. There are a few things that do not make sense, and there is a possibility it may be of shi'ite origin. I have asked a few people to look into it, but have not had a response...

Med can you have a look at the above mentioned article please.

I am debating wether to keep it in my update of the site...

"SOME" people "SOME" people "SOME" people :roll: :roll:

how pathetic

maybe if people stopped focusing on "SOME" people and actually focused on their own 101 sins they'd actually get somehwere in life

too bad extreme arrogance and self rigtouness stops people from focusing on their own sins :roll:

"Admin" wrote:
I was of the impression that any act that is allowed, if done with the right intention is eligible for reward?

If you eat, and you read bismillah, and you intention is for the food to nourish you to be able to carry out Islamic acts, it is rewarded. If you shop, but your intention is religious in some way, you will be rewarded?

Am I wrong?

ur are right

ANY act done with right intention is rewarded in Islam

the people of biddah phobia would obvioulsy disagree

"MuslimSisLilSis" wrote:
"SOME" people "SOME" people "SOME" people :roll: :roll:

how pathetic

maybe if people stopped focusing on "SOME" people and actually focused on their own 101 sins they'd actually get somehwere in life

too bad extreme arrogance and self rigtouness stops people from focusing on their own sins :roll:

you referring to me HERE ? ^^^

where did your post go med?

Pages