1971 Pakistani Massacre Of Bengalis

197 posts / 0 new
Last post

"khan" wrote:
But just wanna come in with a small point. The argument that It was a local problem.. 'bangladeshi's' killing 'bangladeshi's' is wrong.

The issue was racial,- those who spoke Urdu 'Pakistani's' (really shudn't generalise, and don't mean to cause offence).. thought they we're superior to those who spoke Bengali.

I'm just quoting from stories told to me by people who experienced it first hand. Unfortuantly, I don't have the energy to find sources on the net tonight.

I say look up 21st February. Its International Mother Language Day..

are u saying that bengalis never wanted to seperate? my bengali friend thinks its dum.b that bangladesh was created jus coz they spoke a different language... Fool

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"*DUST*" wrote:

are u saying that bengalis never wanted to seperate? my bengali friend thinks its dum.b that bangladesh was created jus coz they spoke a different language... Fool

Language wasn’t the only reason why Bengalis wanted independence from the west.

And I don’t think Muslim in the Indian Subcontinent would be in this dyer situation if they had remained in India- in my opinion. Had Pakistani really been a homeland for the Muslim then the situation would have been different- I would be fluent in Urdu, one benefit !

"(*_Shazan" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:

And I don’t think Muslim in the Indian Subcontinent would be in this dyer situation if they had remained in India- in my opinion. Had Pakistani really been a homeland for the Muslim then the situation would have been different- I would be fluent in Urdu, one benefit !

in my opinion Muslims in the Indian Subcontinent would all have been better off if Pakistan was never created. and no i'm not being biased... Blum 3

[size=9]I NEVER WORE IT BECAUSE OF THE TALIBAN, MOTHER. I LIKE THE [b]MODESTY[/b] AND [b]PROTECTION[/b] IT AFFORDS ME FROM THE EYES OF MEN.[/size] [url=, X-Men[/url]

"*DUST*" wrote:
in my opinion Muslims in the Indian Subcontinent would all have been better off if Pakistan was never created. and no i'm not being biased... Blum 3

Nothing biased about – some brothers forget that the majority of Muslim in the Indian Subcontinent are not from Pakistan.

I still have family in India. Smile

"(*_Shazan" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:

Nothing biased about – some brothers forget that the majority of Muslim in the Indian Subcontinent are not from Pakistan.

...and i have family in Pakistan. Smile

"*DUST*" wrote:
"(*_Shazan" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:

...and i have family in Pakistan. Smile

I would have been married to a Pakistani!

what happened?

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

I think Fareed Zakaria is from India...

Is there anything in Islam that really prevented the two states from being one? I got the feeling if there was no Jinnah there wouldn't have been a partition.

"Augustus" wrote:
Is there anything in Islam that really prevented the two states from being one? I got the feeling if there was no Jinnah there wouldn't have been a partition.

yes i got that feeling too. Wink the partition was not 'necessary' according to Islam - its not as if it was something mentioned in the Quran or Ahadith. it hasn't got anything to with the religion, more to do with the followers of the religion.

"*DUST*" wrote:
yes i got that feeling too. Wink the partition was not 'necessary' according to Islam - its not as if it was something mentioned in the Quran or Ahadith. it hasn't got anything to with the religion, more to do with the followers of the religion.

Perhaps you can explain this to me... pakistanis talk about Jinnah like hes on the same moral level as ghandi, i've never understood why.

I've read about the guy but he doesn't seem all that different to me than any number of seperatists anywhere else in the world... it's Pakistan centered.

"Augustus" wrote:

Perhaps you can explain this to me... pakistanis talk about Jinnah like hes on the same moral level as ghandi, i've never understood why.

That's the million-dollar question. Your guess is as good as mine

Do you know what happens if you criticised him outside a Mosque (where the Jinnah-fanatics congregated )?

"Augustus" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:

I've read about the guy but he doesn't seem all that different to me than any number of seperatists anywhere else in the world... it's Pakistan centered.

its true - and i would not know this if it wasnt for my Pakistani friend who is a historian. She did her dissertation on India and Pakistan, and she was shocked by her research. She said as a child, Jinnah was made out to be this great figure and she had utmost respect for him, all Pakistanis do apparently. but she said through her research, she realised he was actually a secular muslim and not at all what her elders made him out to be. incidentally her research also lead her to believe that Gandhi is not as great as he is made out to be either...

"*DUST*" wrote:

its true - and i would not know this if it wasnt for my Pakistani friend who is a historian. She did her dissertation on India and Pakistan, and she was shocked by her research. ...

He also enjoyed alcohol. :roll:

"(*_Shazan" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:

its true - and i would not know this if it wasnt for my Pakistani friend who is a historian. She did her dissertation on India and Pakistan, and she was shocked by her research. ...

He also enjoyed alcohol. :roll:

hence the label of 'secular muslim'...

"*DUST*" wrote:
"(*_Shazan" wrote:
"*DUST*" wrote:

Nah i don't think you the only one to think like this, i personally also think that the creation of Pakistan cause to much divisions in its time and never serve the purpose it was meant to and never had a leader that led the people, that why there is very little islam evident there for when i went there. Which IMO made it pointless ever being created. My mate doing the creation of Pakistan as well and he said the same thing about both Ghandi and Jinnah, that both were not who they made out too be.

"A true Muslim is thankful to Allah in prosperity, and resigned to His will in adversity."

[url=http//

He was not whither than white.

He was originally in favour of a one state solution.

His mind was changed later, when Congress (the one state solution party that he was a member of, aswell as ghandi...) became politicised as a hindu party.

No idea if it was needed, but I can't really say either way.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Pages