What was the worst article, if any?

View of overall articles?

Did it represent issues that face you?

How could it have been improved?

Wasalaam

I would appreciate it if everyone gave their hoinest views on the Q's above

wasalaam

Have you actually got hold of Issue 19?

Yes (a few copies - gave some to friends and kept one at home).

I read it. Then my wife read it. And my Son read it (some of it). Then I'll give it to someone else to read as we're finished with it.

Have you read it online?

Yes. I like the online one better. I like being able to give my response to articles and getting other peoples views too.

Have you read any/most of the articles?

I'd say most.

What did you make of the front cover?

I liked it. You may not believe it, but it's what triggered a whole 2 hour conversation with a friend of mine. (I'll blog the conversation at a later date)

What about the overall artwork?

I don't know too much about these sorts of things, but I know a guy who prints magazines himself and he was really impressed with the quality of artwork and of the magazine in general (layout / quality of paper etc)

What was the best article?

I really like the one about "inventions and discoveries"

Now every time I go past a windmill, for example, I think "The Revival"

Also found the "Coffee" bit of that article interesting. I felt it links in with the "what are the mosques missing" article - maybe mosques need to start serving coffee like the mosque in Madrid, the've got a whole restaurant in the basement (one that does quality food)

I don't know if there was a "worst article" But i was forced to name one, I'll say the Facebook one.

It had such a prominence on the front cover and the article didn't (IMO) match the hype. Other than a few people saying what they thought of it, it was quite a shell of an article. It could have maybe pointed out to people some of the good stuff that can be found on facebook or such like?

I liked them because they were easy to understand. I find long texts a chore to read, but this was in "bite size" paragraphs so 10/10 for that. Although, having said that, some of the material (like with the facebook one as mentioned above) could have had more meat to it.

Facebook and DOABM are the issues I looked most forward to reading when I picked up the magazine.

I like the idea of the txt Q&A service. I'm still to try it, but from what I hear (from people who've tried it) it's really good.

I still think there should have been an interactive section. A competition (best revival cover drawing or such like) also maybe a wordsearch or crossword where people ahve to go to the website to check for winners or answers (this may increase footflow to the website)?

Just a few random suggestions

Smile

First things first: The Revival, in my opinion, is the best magazine, ever!

Have you actually got hold of Issue 19?

Yes, i've saved one for myself, and i'll be keeping it. I've put it safely into a plastic wallet and now into a really nice red folder. Im going to keep it for life, hopefully and make sure it doesn't get creased.

Have you read it online?

Before they were printed, yes but, no, not the PDF versions that were recently uploaded.

Have you read any/most of the articles?

I've read every single part of the magazine. Front, back, 'every' article, 'every' side note, and 'every' advertisement.

What did you make of the front cover?

I think its attractive for the youth because every single person on this planet has heard of facebook. Its just everywhere you go and is a common social networking site! The front cover itself was 'okay', perhaps there were too many faces, but it did attract an audience, because they either know what facebook is, use facebook, or are planning to get facebook any time soon. Plus, the three images at the bottom of the page gave an insight into what else is covered in this magazine.

What about the overall artwork?

Impressed by the artwork. I quite like its uniqueness and creatviity. I like the colours that were used, and all of the articles didn't have the same colour scheme, font size and font type, so it wasn't boring when you read it. It was eye catching. But there were some images, that i felt like i'd seen too many times on google (you know... those faces!). I like seeing new images that i haven't seen before.

What was the best article?

Thats a very hard question. I liked quite a few of them (DOABM and the Facebook one) but i'll say: 'An Outsiders View of the Muslim Community'. Now i know what one person thinks of us, and how he's tried to overcome any misconceptions. Its great to have people who don't stereotype straight away.

I wouldn't really say 'worst' because it wouldn't have made it to the magazine in the first place, but perhaps the 'What is wrong with mosques today?' could have been tweeked slightly. The title definitely, and the use of the word 'most' should have been changed to 'some'.

A good range and variety linking back to the aims of The Revival as a whole, and it did discuss, tackle, and bring to light the issues that face the Muslim youth, in general, in todays time.

Maybe not specifically me, as a person but yes there were everyday topics along with those which i hear of, in the media, and those that are very local/community based.

I've mentioned some ideas, but i'll just highlight a few here: 1) More positivity 2) Add current achievements within a community 3) Topic on spiritual development and improving a part of our character and personality 4) Sports 5) Add poetry and short stories 6) Role models and aspirations.