Those sayings from the little uns which make you smile.

72 posts / 0 new
Last post

5yr old cousin talkin about baby nephew
"when he grows up, and picks me up from school, who should I say he is?"

(they have to tell the teachers who has come to pick them if the teacher doesnt recognise them, e.g aunty, uncle etc)

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

TPOS wrote:
5yr old cousin talkin about baby nephew "when he grows up, and picks me up from school, who should I say he is?" (they have to tell the teachers who has come to pick them if the teacher doesnt recognise them, e.g aunty, uncle etc)

kids are amazing (Y) mashaaAllah.

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

I dunno if you guys watch masterchef, but we were watching it today 

There's a woman on there who has quite short hair, and when the narrator said 'her' my little sister was like 'that's a HER?!' and I was like yeah obviously, it looks and sounds like a woman. And she was like "fine, whats HER name then?" and I said I didn't know, and she was like 

"I think her name's Cor" 

And I was like ":S thats unusual, where did you get that?" 

She said "because the chef said "Cor, that's a lot of work!" 

Me: "...." 

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

ROFL

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Mum: 'Would you like to go to the loo?'

Brother: 'Err.. No i don't'. Couple of seconds later.. 'Mum, what's a loo?'

Mum: The toilet.

Brother: Stop saying loo then. Say toilet.

what's "cor"?

ur brother Hummus, is fun.

Lilly wrote:
what's "cor"?

No lilly, no. You didn't just ask that, did you? Cor is a way of saying 'Blimey'.

in the 6/7 years ive been here ive never heard "cor". must be an uncool/unlondonlike thing to say Blum 3

One of my 5 year old (boy) students was like:

"Apa (teacher), my dad said that when i grow up im going to be really handsome and im going to have 10 babies" 

Lol'ah!! Embarrasing moment!! ROFL

"That's the thing about pain. It demands to be felt" - Augustus Waters

Nasheedgirl wrote:
One of my 5 year old (boy) students was like:

"Apa (teacher), my dad said that when i grow up im going to be really handsome and im going to have 10 babies" 

Lol'ah!! Embarrasing moment!! ROFL

LOOOOOOOOOOL. they're still babies themselves!!!!

i love my students, they're the cutest, shweetest things on Earth!!!! especially the one who says his "s" slight /sh/ like. so when he's reading seen and sheen you can imagine, its its /sheen/ and /cheen/ LOLL and shchool and shellotape. ah cuteness... i miss them...

My brother-in-law and his three-year-old...

Daddy: Look Sam, Uncle Joie's nearly finished the puzzle, there's just two pieces left. Can you finish it?

Sam: Yes, Daddy! (Throws pieces at me, looks very proud.) Where do these go, Uncle Joie?

• It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

Lol.

I absolutely love my little brother.

I gave him a christmas card yesterday cause I found it and thought I'd just fill it in and pass it to him to see his reaction. So he opens it and starts saying stuff like 'wooww, thankyouu', and then it got slightly damp cause he left on the side of the sink and shows me and starts crying. I just randomly dried it with my sleeve and pass it back and he's happy again!

Since then he's been carrying it around and telling everyone I gave it him. Just buzzing over a card. XD.

The lovely thing about kids is how easily pleased they are. Just so innocent and cute.

*singing away to herself while being totally aware im here* "I wish to ride a poney..and a horse"

and the awesome sister that i am had the awesome answer of....

"inshaaAllah"

im kidding, theeres more.

"inshaaAllah, when its more sunny; it'd be nicer that way dont you think?"

"definitively definitive sounding YES" (and resolute sounding)

----

do you guys know the puffin book club  magazine? its this magazine given by schools and it sells BOOKS. so my sister is looking at it while im drying her hair and everytime she turns a page she goes

"THERE'S SO MANY! IT'S SO HARD TO CHOOOOSE"

I've never really known many little girls who've really liked ponies and horses :S I think it's just one of those things that's sold to them, like through "my little ponies" or whatever's in these days.

My cousin told me she's gna steal my ipod if I don't listen to her, she took it, then i told her she wouldn't be able to use it because it has a passcode. So she started guessing the numbers, then she decided to count from 1-100..then jumped to 121 lol. After that I told her it's 4 digits, but then I realised that'd be too easy for her and told her I can't tell her anything else, cuz it's a secret.

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Looool...I used to be one of them little girls... :o There was this huge phase when I was reeeaaally fascinatedd with them and convinced I was actually ganna get one..I started horse riding lessons and everything...

Ahhh..just realised how fitting my display pic is. Crazy horse girl.

OKAY SO WHAT IN THE WORLD WAS ALL THAT ABOUT. STILL CAN’T EVEN BELIEVE IT.

I HAVE NEVER BELIEVED IN THIS SO MUCH BUT TV, PROGRAMMES, CARTOONS, YES WHATEVER YOU WANT TO CALL IT, AFFECTS CHILDREN.

I HAVE JUST SPENT THE LAST HALF AN HOUR OF MY LIFE LOOK AT MY NEARLY FOUR YEAR OLD BROTHER, SITTING IN MY SISTERS LAP, WATCHING ‘SHREK FOREVER AFTER’ AND HE’S SAT THERE WEEPING AWAY.

I STOPPED MY SISTER FROM ASKING HIM WHY HE WAS CRYING, AND TOLD HER NOT TO SOFTEN HIM UP OR CUDDLE HIM ANYMORE.

I DIDN’T UNDERSTAND AT FIRST, AND I THOUGHT IT WAS JUST SAOMETHING ELSE HE WAS CRYING OVER. THEN HE ERUPTS, LIKE REALLY REALLY ERUPTS SAYING THAT SHREK’S NOT GOING HOME. HE KEPT ON GOING ON AND ON ABOUT SHREK NOT GOING BACK.

SO MY SISETR QUICKLY SKIPPED 10 MINUTES OF IT TO MAKE IT GO TO THE HAPPY PARTS, BUT MY BROTHER WAS TOO CLEVER FOR THAT!

AND IN ALL THAT TIME, HE’D CALLED THE ENTIRE HOUSE INTO THAT ROOM WITH HIS CRYING. DAD SAID SWITCH IT OFF RIGHT NOW, ONE SISTER FINDS IT HILARIOUS AND STARTS RECORDING THE WHOLE DRAMA AND MOTHER’S JUST PUZZLED WITH WHATS GOING ON?! SO MOTHER GETS RID OF HIM BY TELLING HIM THAT HE’S HUNGRY AND ITS LUNCH TIME.

AND MEH, WELL I DON’T KNOW WHAT TO SAY. BUT I MUST SAY, I ACTUALLY LAUGHED LOTS.

Hummus wrote:
OKAY SO WHAT IN THE WORLD WAS ALL THAT ABOUT. STILL CAN’T EVEN BELIEVE IT.

I HAVE NEVER BELIEVED IN THIS SO MUCH BUT TV, PROGRAMMES, CARTOONS, YES WHATEVER YOU WANT TO CALL IT, AFFECTS CHILDREN.

I HAVE JUST SPENT THE LAST HALF AN HOUR OF MY LIFE LOOK AT MY NEARLY FOUR YEAR OLD BROTHER, SITTING IN MY SISTERS LAP, WATCHING ‘SHREK FOREVER AFTER’ AND HE’S SAT THERE WEEPING AWAY.

I STOPPED MY SISTER FROM ASKING HIM WHY HE WAS CRYING, AND TOLD HER NOT TO SOFTEN HIM UP OR CUDDLE HIM ANYMORE.

I DIDN’T UNDERSTAND AT FIRST, AND I THOUGHT IT WAS JUST SAOMETHING ELSE HE WAS CRYING OVER. THEN HE ERUPTS, LIKE REALLY REALLY ERUPTS SAYING THAT SHREK’S NOT GOING HOME. HE KEPT ON GOING ON AND ON ABOUT SHREK NOT GOING BACK.

SO MY SISETR QUICKLY SKIPPED 10 MINUTES OF IT TO MAKE IT GO TO THE HAPPY PARTS, BUT MY BROTHER WAS TOO CLEVER FOR THAT!

AND IN ALL THAT TIME, HE’D CALLED THE ENTIRE HOUSE INTO THAT ROOM WITH HIS CRYING. DAD SAID SWITCH IT OFF RIGHT NOW, ONE SISTER FINDS IT HILARIOUS AND STARTS RECORDING THE WHOLE DRAMA AND MOTHER’S JUST PUZZLED WITH WHATS GOING ON?! SO MOTHER GETS RID OF HIM BY TELLING HIM THAT HE’S HUNGRY AND ITS LUNCH TIME.

AND MEH, WELL I DON’T KNOW WHAT TO SAY. BUT I MUST SAY, I ACTUALLY LAUGHED LOTS.

Loooool! that is actually hilarious! Thumbs up to your brother!! Blum 3

Valkyrie wrote:
Looool...I used to be one of them little girls... :o There was this huge phase when I was reeeaaally fascinatedd with them and convinced I was actually ganna get one..I started horse riding lessons and everything...

Ahhh..just realised how fitting my display pic is. Crazy horse girl.

Lol, yeah same. I dont know but they're just nice animals (i confess i still love horses!)...then again i like lions too, so maybe im just odd. Lol.

the last shrek has so many things wrong (islamic beleif wise and otherwise) in it, we watched it and i was cringing throughout. and i will never watch it again.

4/5 years old are crazy lil un. my sis is 5. she's upstairs SINGING!. yes at this time. #something somethin gAWAY WE GO AWAY WE GO something something blah blah blah#

how did your bro pick up on the time warp/changed fate/shrek not going home?!?! thats actually a pretty complicated thing...

Lilly wrote:
the last shrek has so many things wrong (islamic beleif wise and otherwise) in it, we watched it and i was cringing throughout. and i will never watch it again.

... that sounds like a bit of an overreaction ?

#Before you look at the thorns of the rose , look at it's beauty. Before you complain about the heat of the sun , enjoy it's light. Before you complain about the blackness of the night, think of it's peace and quiet... #

RI_RS wrote:
Lilly wrote:

most probably is. it IS Lilly who wrote that? (this is the second comment i write today that sounds like this... im not having split personality of disociation syndrome...)

i didnt like it.

and i shld have said i'll never watch it again inshaaAllah. who knows? i cld end up not muslim and converting to Shrekism which involved watching all of it at least every 2 weeks?? may Allah protect me. that is one scary thought.

Lilly wrote:
RI_RS wrote:
Lilly wrote:

most probably is. it IS Lilly who wrote that? (this is the second comment i write today that sounds like this... im not having split personality of disociation syndrome...)

i didnt like it.

and i shld have said i'll never watch it again inshaaAllah. who knows? i cld end up not muslim and converting to Shrekism which involved watching all of it at least every 2 weeks?? may Allah protect me. that is one scary thought.

Ok... 

Mum: C'mon its cold, lets put your gloves on.

Brother: But then how will i touch the things in the shop.

My niece was wearing her shoes banana's, so I was laughing at her,

she crossed her legs and said, "There it's right now".

This didn't make me smile, it made me laugh so much. Funny thing is I never realized until I heard a thud and seen her coming towards me with a red face, bless her.

So my little sister trips up and comes into the kitchen muttering to herself;

"I'm going to pay you for this"

I clicked on and said to her: "Don't you mean I'm going to make the carpet pay?'' 

She says: "yes i will!"

Ah man.. hilarious moment..

so yesterday i think it was. my sister sneezes and says "alhamdoulillah"

sister: "ALHAMdoulillah"

mum: "yarhamukillah"

sister: "mummy, all the time i say alhamdoulillah and no one says yarhamukillah then i say alhamdoulillah again then someone says yarhamukillah..."

wait for the killer line...

"it makes me tired *slight sigh*"

mother: "alright, im sorry"

You can't put the sabaq on the floor. Its Muslim's.

So the other day we were playing a namaz boarg game and the question that my 7 year old was supposed to answer was:

"On the Night Journey, The Prophet Muhammad SAW went from Makkah to which city?"

I thought I'll make it easier for her little soul by giving her multi-choice as answers.

I asked her if it's "Jerusalem, London or Islamabad"

After thinking for a few seconds, she said, sure as the sun will rise tomorrow, "It's Islamabad"

A day later I asked her why she thought that and she said "Islamabad has the word Islam in it."

Aawwwh! Such a cute thing to say. 

I suppose its expected from children!

I should tell you guys something that made me laugh so much, because it was just so innocent and cute! Worth sharing anyway, whether its read or not.  

It was late afternoon, and I had to babysit my little brother, because I enjoy his company. So I was working on the sofa opposite to where he was playing.

Then he started to talk to himself whilst playing with his toys, as kids do, and me (not realizing Talking Tom was still  on the iphone on the kitchen table), he got a reply from the cat.

I was just sat there watching him to see what he would do, until he walked in the kitchen and said 'Who's there'. The cat repeated what he said and scared the poor guy. He thought it was someone else, and called out my little sister's name thinking she was trying to scare him- whilst the silly cat was repeating the same thing. 

THEN, he came across the phone, looked down at it and said to Talking Tom; 'Oh, its you! Hello!'

Since then he's become really fond of Talking Tom :L ... but I swear that moment is just one to remember. 

N'awwwh. <3 That's so adorable lol.

This morning my sister decided to get my brother changed.

Me: Why have you put a t-shirt and shorts on him?

Her: Err- 'cause its sunny outside. 

Me: Well he's going to get burnt so get the suncream.

*Sister applies suncream*

Bro: Look, now my skin has gone all white.

Her: Just wait..

Bro: But you haven't done this bit. Make it white aswell.

*A few seconds later* Hmm.. I don't like brown people. I only like white people.

Her: So you don't like brown people?

Bro: Yeah when i'm walking, i always see lots of white people and i like them.

Her: But you're brown and mum and dad are brown, so don't you like them?

Bro: But they're not brown. Their faces are white.

Me: *Dies of laughter*
-
In his world, White = All the Asians.

Pages