akhwanee in the mosjid dont benefit me...

akhwanee in the mosjid dont benefit me...

most brothers in the mosque dont have time to talk and the ones that do either give me missinformation or bidah.

i find better discussions and advice in coffee shops.

i heard of a hadith that stated one person asked Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) if something was truth and he replied yes. after Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) asked if the person knew who had said that truth to which the person replied no. Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) then said that truth had been told by iblis. 

the point is to take truth from anywhere i think. if it is truth, hak it matters not where it comes from.

i wish i could learn more of the brothers in the mosque...

i get presented with evidence from the quran and hadith when i ask questions in the coffee shops so i get truth from a bad place.

Narrated Abu Huraira: Allah’s Apostle deputed me to keep Sadaqat (al-Fitr) of Ramadan. A comer came and started taking handfuls of the foodstuff (of the Sadaqa) (stealthily). I took hold of him and said, “By Allah, I will take you to Allah’s Apostle .” He said, “I am needy and have many dependents, and I am in great need.” I released him, and in the morning Allah’s Apostle asked me, “What did your prisoner do yesterday?” I said, “O Allah’s Apostle! The person complained of being needy and of having many dependents, so, I pitied him and let him go.” Allah’s Apostle said, “Indeed, he told you a lie and he will be coming again.” I believed that he would show up again as Allah’s Apostle had told me that he would return. So, I waited for him watchfully. When he (showed up and) started stealing handfuls of foodstuff, I caught hold of him again and said, “I will definitely take you to Allah’s Apostle. He said, “Leave me, for I am very needy and have many dependents. I promise I will not come back again.” I pitied him and let him go. In the morning Allah’s Apostle asked me, “What did your prisoner do.” I replied, “O Allah’s Apostle! He complained of his great need and of too many dependents, so I took pity on him and set him free.” Allah’s Apostle said, “Verily, he told you a lie and he will return.” I waited for him attentively for the third time, and when he (came and) started stealing handfuls of the foodstuff, I caught hold of him and said, “I will surely take you to Allah’s Apostle as it is the third time you promise not to return, yet you break your promise and come.” He said, “(Forgive me and) I will teach you some words with which Allah will benefit you.” I asked, “What are they?” He replied, “Whenever you go to bed, recite “Ayat-al-Kursi”– ‘Allahu la ilaha illa huwa-l-Haiy-ul Qaiyum’ till you finish the whole verse. (If you do so), Allah will appoint a guard for you who will stay with you and no satan will come near you till morning. ” So, I released him. In the morning, Allah’s Apostle asked, “What did your prisoner do yesterday?” I replied, “He claimed that he would teach me some words by which Allah will benefit me, so I let him go.” Allah’s Apostle asked, “What are they?” I replied, “He said to me, ‘Whenever you go to bed, recite Ayat-al-Kursi from the beginning to the end —- Allahu la ilaha illa huwa-lHaiy-ul-Qaiyum—-.’ He further said to me, ‘(If you do so), Allah will appoint a guard for you who will stay with you, and no satan will come near you till morning.’ (Abu Huraira or another sub-narrator) added that they (the companions) were very keen to do good deeds. The Prophet said, “He really spoke the truth, although he is an absolute liar. Do you know whom you were talking to, these three nights, O Abu Huraira?” Abu Huraira said, “No.” He said, “It was Satan.” ( Sahih Bukhari – Book #38, Hadith #505t)

sometimes i go to shisha cafes. thats not to good akie...

Have you considered that what you consider bid'ah may not actually be bid'ah?

Maybe they are trying to teach but you are refusing to listen...

afterall if you already know it they wont be teaching it to you so you have to decide whether you want to hear what you have already heard or learn new stuff.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

He is saying that in his mosque there is education and people there.

However he rejects them because they "spread bid'ah" and wished there were other people in the mosque teaching him what he knows to be true (so in essence what he "knows" already but which may not be true.)

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

a problem with learning from the cafes is that there is no one to check that the information is correct,

If they say tht the illuminati are ruling the world, no one will go er... hang on a minute...

You wrote:

afterall if you already know it they wont be teaching it to you so you have to decide whether you want to hear what you have already heard or learn new stuff.

i got asked to go to a mosque in west ham to do a three day pilgramage (sleep and eat in the mosque) and learn about tabliri i believe which i have been told by a salafi mosque that its bidah.

what i mean is in the cafe i discuss things openly and i always ask for evidence but in the mosque they tell me to read the quran from top to bottom as they have no time.

my point is i want to learn the quran as it comes. relating it to my life. not read the whole thing. i can do that on my own.

Golden Darkness wrote:

Aaaah i get it thank you Smile After understanding what 'You' is saying my question to you is why do you not believe what those in the mosque tell you? And if it is contradicting with your beliefs about islam, then how do you know your beliefs are correct? Also where is the prof that those in the cafe's who tell you 'proper' information are right? And are all these things from reliable sources?? o__O

the proof is in the quran and hadith. i always ask for evidence. its just telling me what to read. thy know the quran and tell me where to look for the information im looking for. something related to marrying two sisters they will say nisa 23 then i can learn what to do through the quran. it would take me a week to find out one thing wile in the cafe i find out a years information in one go. i just have to then study at home by my self.

You wrote:

i always ask for evidence from the quran and hadith so yes its bidah. Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) never did any pilgramage like what they do in west ham.

Titanium wrote:
What's tabliri?

you dont want to know. take my word for it its bidah.

i was told by someone in dara sunnah mosjid in shepherds bush they explain it better then me.

Prophet Muhammad (pbuh) didnt do it so neither should we.

Titanium wrote:
That's why I asked... So what is it?

i will tell you what. my friend studies shia to be able to tell them from us so ill find out a bit about it to tell you.

my email is

send me an email and ill send you what i find out.

Titanium wrote:
I would rather you posted it on here. Thanks.

inchalah i have work so it might take me a wile.

im a motorcycle mechanic...

Hamza13 wrote:

I got asked to go to a mosque in west ham to do a three day pilgramage (sleep and eat in the mosque) and learn about tabliri i believe which i have been told by a salafi mosque that its bidah.

This is where you make your choice. either accept one side which thinks it isnt or accept the other which thinks it is.

What you cant do is expect those that think one to do what the people who think the other do.

I think he means tablighi - those doing da'wah.

If he doesnt then apologies and th rest of this post doesnt apply.

The prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) didnt need to go anywhere to learn as he Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) was the centre of knowledge. However the sahabahs came from many many places to him to learn.

So I dont see how that is bid'ah.

You are calling allowed things such as learning, going to the mosque bid'ah because they are packaged into a single convenient program.

Id guess tha you are wrong in this and even your salafi brethren wouldnt agree with you there.

You cant expect your mosque to change their beliefs to then teach you ideas they dont agree with.

I aint to tablighi, but I dont see how you can consider going to the mosque for a few days to learn bid'ah or wrong.

Have you heard of the ashabus suffah? they stayed at the mosque of the prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) at the time of the prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) in order to learn, the first official islamic school.

A good start to understanding things is to make sure everything is in your language and you are not being bamboozled by terminology.

By akhwanee you either mean brothers or the imam or both.

and you talk about tabliri, which I assumed to be tablighi, but it may not be. Jargon doesnt always have meaning.

i ment brothers and yes its bidah they teach from another book besides the quran and hadith.

also one akie said to me that after prostating during surat sad we did because the imam had missed an ayat.

is that correct as well? or is it because surat al sajdah, al alaq and sad require prostation?

look you can get all upset if you like i know what i am saying.

the brothers dont benefit me. its not they fault but it is a fact.

73 sects wont make it to jannah but one will.

in other words its a harsh fact but all this that started in the Prophets (pbuh) mosque and different things your talking about chances are they wont make it to jannah.

Allahu Alam

but from what i see everyone has an opinion and no evidence to back it up. its simple. Quran and Hadith! thats it. no tablighi tabliri shia what ever you bring. i will refut it.

also i want to mention i do smoke shisha and probably wont go to jannah but this doent take away the fact that these people are promoting bidah and missinformation.

You think it's possible to *understand* Islam by reading *only* the Quran and the books of ahadith?

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

look shia is a different deen alltogether. not madrass so i refut that and tablighi or what ever they name is teach from a book writen by an indian guy so it is bidah. there is only Quran and Hadith and even some hadith is weak. one has to be very careful. 

also im a sunni muslim, not a scholar or role model. the only role model for me is Prophet Muhammad (pbuh). im not trying to teach just debating what i see. trust me its bidah and missinformation. i might be new to islam but im an inteligent person. i learn more in the shisha cafe then i do in the mosjid. its just a fact im sorry to say. i cant even read the Quran out loud. the other day in the mosjid one guy started being rude to a muslim reading out loud saying he was trying to pray. on that subject. only god will judge me. i also hate when a muslim frowns on me when im wearing western clothes or smoke shisha. not only should a muslim be nice to all to give dawa but he should specialy be nice to a muslim regardless of hes deeds. that will bring people to the right path not judgement. some brothers make a point to not greet me the same when im in western clothes. its wrong. that is dawa. being a nice muslim. a nice person. not pressuring me to go on a pilgramage. dawa starts with your actions not in a tablighi madrass... sorry but its true.

im not a kid that needs encoragement when he does good and frowning when he does wrong. just say akie you know your doing wrong? i say yes halas. finished. one ummah.

Brother, since you are new you should listen to what everyone says and make your mind up based on the evidence Since you are new, you should accept that you have a lot to learn. Even I have loadssss to learn and I'm a "born Muslim". You don't seem to know much about the tablighi jamaat therefore you can't make a good argument against them. They follow Quran n sunnah too.

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Sahih International

Invite to the way of your Lord with wisdom and good instruction, and argue with them in a way that is best. Indeed, your Lord is most knowing of who has strayed from His way, and He is most knowing of who is [rightly] guided.

TPOS wrote:
You think it's possible to *understand* Islam by reading *only* the Quran and the books of ahadith?

na3am! Allahu alam

TPOS wrote:
Brother, since you are new you should listen to what everyone says and make your mind up based on the evidence Since you are new, you should accept that you have a lot to learn. Even I have loadssss to learn and I'm a "born Muslim". You don't seem to know much about the tablighi jamaat therefore you can't make a good argument against them. They follow Quran n sunnah too.

but they want to teach me from a book writen by the founder. that is surely bidah no?

Golden Darkness wrote:

Just a few points @ Hamza13

• Okaai so ur a sunnni muslim, so am i, i just used the whole shi'a thing as an example.
  • If you are a new muslim then how can you so easily say something is bidah? What is bidah to one person may not be to another. For example (I'm gunna stress on example) for us saying the Ali (RA) the fourth caliph is the friend of Allah at the end of the Shahadah would be considered bi'dah, but for them considered  alright. So it is a matter of belief. Have you cklearly looked at all the sects you know off? Krelvi? Brelvi? Hanafi? Shafi? Ismaili? Shi'ah? Sufi? Salafi? All the ones you know? And just so you know, islam says you can only change your school of thought ONCE...to the best of my knowledge.
  • Who said it was wrong to have more than one role model? Obviously the Prophet should be the utmost one, but there were so many pioneers in islam and science (as in muslims who made the stepping stones of science today). And any muslim who does not have the Prophet as his utmost role model then can he truly call himself a muslim??
  • Your debating? You have a funny way of debating? I dunno how u debate but to me it seems that you are instead hell-bent on refuting anything any of us have to say on the matter.
  • If you are a new muslim, then in many ways you are luckier than us 'born muslims', but also at a more of a disadvantage. Why are you so apt in believing that all masjids are like the one you went to? The mosque, that is literally down my road, is sooo good. They have outreach projects, da'wah project with qualified imaams and people who have ijaaza from the top islamic institutions and they are some of the most apporachable people i know always willing to understand you and answer the abundance of questions i have and trus mee when i say i have ALOT of questions (many have said it will be my downfall =/)
  • Onto the reading Qur'an aloud part. I have been told tat it is better to read the Qur'an aloud in ones own company than in teh company of others. this is because if i am doing something else and i want that person to stop reading it would be considered wrong, because its like i dont wanna hear the Qur'an. This is sinful for me and both for the otehr person for in a sense making em feel that way. Now obviously its allowed in like when an imaam is reading and stuff or when the purpose of reading allowed is clear like when you are actually LEARNING the Qur'an. If you wanna read in the masjid aloud then move away from everybody else or read aloud but a little quieter. Smile
  • I never said that tabligh should be the first way of da'wah...duh, but it is a useful way! Sahabah from All over arabia and further afield woould come to the blessed place taht was Madinaa to learn and follow from teh Prophet...they used to stay in mosques, eat in mosques, learn the Qur'an and were lucky enough to hear the voice of the Prophet. That is what those on taligh did, except they didunt give it the same name, because of some of the differences (such as that tabligh does not always take part in Madina...duh)

PS: Your properley modest -_-  LOl Wink

look shia its more then just saying ali should ahve been khalifa and self mutilation. they make kufr of Allah. they desrespect Aysha etc, etc.

yes i only take Prophet Muhammad as a role model god choose that. Allahu alam. question? who did all muslims ask questions?

im making statements so as to be chalenged. if you prove something with evidence. ill accept it. always ask for evidence from the Quran and hadith.

i personaly dont think there is anything wrong with being enquisitive. Allahu alam. can anyone who told you not to give you evidence?

and ill say it again... the ones in west ham teach from the book writen by the founder. i refut it.

and i believe i am. humbleness is important. knowledge is the key.

note Ilm is the second most mentioned word in the Quran after Allah.

Ilm is the key to ibada.

Hamza13 wrote:

Golden Darkness wrote:

Just a few points @ Hamza13

• Okaai so ur a sunnni muslim, so am i, i just used the whole shi'a thing as an example.
  • If you are a new muslim then how can you so easily say something is bidah? What is bidah to one person may not be to another. For example (I'm gunna stress on example) for us saying the Ali (RA) the fourth caliph is the friend of Allah at the end of the Shahadah would be considered bi'dah, but for them considered  alright. So it is a matter of belief. Have you cklearly looked at all the sects you know off? Krelvi? Brelvi? Hanafi? Shafi? Ismaili? Shi'ah? Sufi? Salafi? All the ones you know? And just so you know, islam says you can only change your school of thought ONCE...to the best of my knowledge.
  • Who said it was wrong to have more than one role model? Obviously the Prophet should be the utmost one, but there were so many pioneers in islam and science (as in muslims who made the stepping stones of science today). And any muslim who does not have the Prophet as his utmost role model then can he truly call himself a muslim??
  • Your debating? You have a funny way of debating? I dunno how u debate but to me it seems that you are instead hell-bent on refuting anything any of us have to say on the matter.
  • If you are a new muslim, then in many ways you are luckier than us 'born muslims', but also at a more of a disadvantage. Why are you so apt in believing that all masjids are like the one you went to? The mosque, that is literally down my road, is sooo good. They have outreach projects, da'wah project with qualified imaams and people who have ijaaza from the top islamic institutions and they are some of the most apporachable people i know always willing to understand you and answer the abundance of questions i have and trus mee when i say i have ALOT of questions (many have said it will be my downfall =/)
  • Onto the reading Qur'an aloud part. I have been told tat it is better to read the Qur'an aloud in ones own company than in teh company of others. this is because if i am doing something else and i want that person to stop reading it would be considered wrong, because its like i dont wanna hear the Qur'an. This is sinful for me and both for the otehr person for in a sense making em feel that way. Now obviously its allowed in like when an imaam is reading and stuff or when the purpose of reading allowed is clear like when you are actually LEARNING the Qur'an. If you wanna read in the masjid aloud then move away from everybody else or read aloud but a little quieter. Smile
  • I never said that tabligh should be the first way of da'wah...duh, but it is a useful way! Sahabah from All over arabia and further afield woould come to the blessed place taht was Madinaa to learn and follow from teh Prophet...they used to stay in mosques, eat in mosques, learn the Qur'an and were lucky enough to hear the voice of the Prophet. That is what those on taligh did, except they didunt give it the same name, because of some of the differences (such as that tabligh does not always take part in Madina...duh)

PS: Your properley modest -_-  LOl Wink

look shia its more then just saying ali should ahve been khalifa and self mutilation. they make kufr of Allah. they desrespect Aysha etc, etc.

yes i only take Prophet Muhammad as a role model god choose that. Allahu alam. question? who did all muslims ask questions?

im making statements so as to be chalenged. if you prove something with evidence. ill accept it. always ask for evidence from the Quran and hadith.

i personaly dont think there is anything wrong with being enquisitive. Allahu alam. can anyone who told you not to give you evidence?

and ill say it again... the ones in west ham teach from the book writen by the founder. i refut it.

and i believe i am. humbleness is important. knowledge is the key.

note Ilm is the second most mentioned word in the Quran after Allah.

Ilm is the key to ibada.

i will never change my madrass. im sunni thats it. for ever. ill pray jummah in heaven or hell. i like to remeber Allah

learning isnt bid'ah. if what is taught i worng though, the problem is with what is taught and not the idea of learning.

Golden Darkness wrote:

But even within the sunni sect there are so many beliefs, like the salafism, shafism, hanafism, maliki and hanbali. so which of these do you belong to and hwy have you chosen one over the other?

Yes i know the basics of shi'ahs, but just as you said their will be 74 sects in silam, by the end of the dunyaa and only one will go through..so choose your words carefully and at the end of the day ALL of them believe in the Oneness of Allah and  MOST of them, believe that the Prophet was the Final Messenger of Allah. 

Hamza13 wrote:

question? who did all muslims ask questions?

What do yo mean? =/

Oh okaii so understand youf orm of debating, now..Lol. And i completley agree with being inquisitive too. Do you mean that can anyone give evidence of what i have said?

I was being sarkyy about the modest part btw....but yes i understand its importance.

And i did not know that ilm was was the second most mentioned word in the Qur;an...whats the first? Smile

Allah!

Allah is the most mentioned word in the Quran.

Allahu Akbar!

You wrote:

learning isnt bid'ah. if what is taught i worng though, the problem is with what is taught and not the idea of learning.

Na3am

i think we shouldnt worr yabt who's doing bidah and who isnt. but worry about yourself. get your knowledge and make sure it relates back to the Quran and Sunnah in one way or another. aka. directly from those sources or from line of scholars that can be linked all the way to those sources.

end of story.

i'll advice checking out this book. "the 3 fundamental principles" one of the primary book one should study abt tawheed.

Is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?

Pages