New Speaker's Corner

Evening of Wednesday 18th January 2006
New Speaker's Corner
Drummond Street (Nr. Euston Station)
Venue/Time tbc

Topic: Multiculturalism and the UK

This is the first meeting of an open discussion forum. Collectively we have no unified belief and do not represent a given opinion. We are so many talking heads. Some of us have an informed agenda. Others are interested to know what others think and say about current affairs. As British society is composed of such a rich variety of people and attitudes this is an opportunity to come together and lay our cards on the table, whether we campaign on local, cultural or global issues, and whether we agree or not. Your information and insights are welcome in this project of building, together, a public understanding of our society. Every fortnight we will come away with a deep and lasting appreciation of each other, just as we will be appreciated for who we are, and better informed to participate as responsible leaders in British society.

All of us want to contribute to public life at some level.

Here is a chance to get involved in a radical new approach to public dialogue and governance no matter what your background or beliefs.

Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

To signal your desire to attend please respond by e-mail, Private Message or in reply to this post.

I am attending this event.

[size=9]Whatever you do, know that I will always love you. Or else.[/size]

I haven't had a response from Revival Members. It may be that the people on this forum do not wish to take part but I would much prefer if anyone comes along to this event. That particular topic is for the first night only, the organisers were considering a discussion on terrorism but I felt it was not a welcome subject for the first meeting. In any event I am determined these discussions will be a powerful occasion warranting the involvement of others, including government and NGOs, who have a commitment to ensuring and hearing a genuine discussion encompassing society at large, immediately less prone to the influence of the media and those protagonists by whom we are always surrounded. Ultimately this discussion model will be repeated around London and the UK. So just as a nudge I extend this invitation again to all Revival members, as an opportunity to understand and impact a much greater proportion of British society.

its got a long time left.

inerested parties will probably start thinking at the end of deember/start of jan...

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

Smile That would be great.