Qaid Day Bradford (Mehfil e Sima, Nasheeds & more)

[size=15]Minhaj ul Quran Bradford proudly presents the annual event of Celebrating the auspicious occasion of the blessed Qaide Day (the 57th Birthday of Hazoor Sayyidi Shaykh ul Islam, Prof Dr Muhammad Tahir ul Qadri Sahib).

This will be an evening of Mehfil e Sima (qawwalis) & Nasheeds.

Date:
Saturday 23rd February 2008

Venue:
The Venue Function Hall, 197 City Road Bradford, BD8 8JT

Ticket Price:
£10 (includes Buffet Dinner)

Ticket/Information Contact:
Brother Rizwan: 07970061786
Brother Qadeer: 07979073478
Sister: 07528289963
MQI Bradford: 01274 720760

Jazakallahu Khairun.[/size]

Dont scholars frown upon celebrating ones birthday?

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

Some do. No where in the Quran or Ahadith does it say you cannot celebrate your birthday, in fact the origin of birthdays is found in the Quran.

“And send salaam on me the day I was born and the day I died and the day I shall be raised alive” (19:33)

Allah (swt) is commanding us to send salaam on the Prophet Isa (as) and also on the Prophet Yahya (as) in another ayah. So Allah (swt) is singlining out the birthdays.

Well no offence but these translations differ:
Yusuf Ali 33: "So peace is on me the day I was born, the day that I die, and the day that I shall be raised up to life (again)"!

M. Khan 33: "And Salam (peace) be upon me the day I was born, and the day I die, and the day I shall be raised alive!"

Nowhere does it say send salaam on the birthday, well not in these translations it doesnt, also it was Isa alayhi salaam who was talking.

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

'And send salaam upon me the [b]day I was born' [/b]= The day you were born = your birthday, right?

There are two ayat mentioned in Surah Maryam, the first referring to Prophet Yahya (as) and the second to Prophet Isa (as).

“And send salaam on him the day he was born, and the day he dies and the day he wil be raised up to life (again)” (19:15) Prophet Yahya (as)

“And send salaam on me the day I was born and the day I died and the day I shall be raised alive” (19:33) Prophet Isa (as)

"Noor" wrote:
'And send salaam upon me the [b]day I was born' [/b]= The day you were born = your birthday, right?

as Fanzo said, the 'send salam upon me' has also been translated differently which has a different meaning altogether, buts none of us are Arabic scholars so we can't really judge. I think it is a really loose interpretation of the verse if you're using it to say you can celebrate someone's birthday.

Also, 'the day you were born' is different from celebrating your birthday every year, because the Hijri calender is different from the Gregorian calender.

TBH I celebrate birthdays myself, I'm just saying this for argument's sake. If people say it's a bi'dah then I would argue that that only counts in 'matters of faith', and a birthday celebration is NOT a religious celebration. Obviously things like this event and the Prophet's Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) birthday ARE religious celebrations.

Don't just do something! Stand there.

Im not ruling out birthdays im simply saying that somebody of the stature of professor Tahir ul qadri would try avoiding something which might be islamically unlawful.

And what yaqub said about the translations, noor do you mind telling me where you found your translations?

"Irfan.Khan" wrote:
Im not ruling out birthdays im simply saying that somebody of the stature of professor Tahir ul qadri would try avoiding something which might be islamically unlawful.

But islamically it is not unlawful, the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) himself singled out his birthday by fasting on Mondays, the day he was born.

Quote:
And what yaqub said about the translations, noor do you mind telling me where you found your translations?

Tafsir by Shaykh-ul-Islam Dr Muhammad Tahir ul Qadri. The Mujtahid! The shaykh has not only taken that ayah and made tafsir but he has also looked at the other ayat in Quran which relate and the commentary of past scholars.

Yes i know it's long but worth the read

I thought the reason that the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) fasted on Mondays and Thursdays was because that is the days that our actions are judged by Allah (swt) and he wanted to be in a state of purity when he was judged.

"Noor" wrote:
"Irfan.Khan" wrote:

But islamically it is not unlawful, the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) himself singled out his birthday by fasting on Mondays, the day he was born.

Well we can take the prophet peace and blessings upon him as a one off because he was the greatest!
Well maybe not islamically unlawful but it can be lead to immitating the kuffar and such a gateway should be closed full stop. No disrespect to the shaykh but maybe because im naive but i think it would be best not to celebrate it but maybe he just wants to take an oppertunity to bring people together and remember allah azwajal.
Allah knows best.

"Ya'qub" wrote:
I thought the reason that the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) fasted on Mondays and Thursdays was because that is the days that our actions are judged by Allah (swt) and he wanted to be in a state of purity when he was judged.

In a Hadith narrated by Abu Qatada Ansari (Allah be pleased with him), he reports that Allah's Messenger Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) was asked about fasting on Monday, whereupon he said: “It is (the day) when I was born and revelation was sent down to me.” Sahih Muslim, Bk 6, Number 2606.

"Irfan.Khan" wrote:
Well we can take the prophet peace and blessings upon him as a one off because he was the greatest!

And he was sent as an example for mankind! So we follow in his footsteps, his beloved Sunnah! If the Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) didn't want us to follow that Sunnah he would have specifically said so. There is hikmah behind everything.

Quote:
Well maybe not islamically unlawful but it can be lead to immitating the kuffar and such a gateway should be closed full stop.

The Prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam (Peace and Blessings be upon him) celebrated his birthday by fasting; he also did an aqiqah for himself, so this is in fact imitating the Prophet (saw), the Sunnah and not the kuffar! And remember, it is all about your niyyah!

I went to the last Qaid day and it was fantastic, there were Nasheeds, Qawaali and a few talks. It was very spiritual maashaAllah.

"Ghulam e Mustafa" wrote:
[size=15]Minhaj ul Quran Bradford proudly presents the annual event of Celebrating the auspicious occasion of the blessed Qaide Day (the 57th Birthday of Hazoor Sayyidi Shaykh ul Islam, Prof Dr Muhammad Tahir ul Qadri Sahib).

This will be an evening of Mehfil e Sima (qawwalis) & Nasheeds.

Date:
Saturday 23rd February 2008

Venue:
The Venue Function Hall, 197 City Road Bradford, BD8 8JT

Ticket Price:
£10 (includes Buffet Dinner)

Ticket/Information Contact:
Brother Rizwan: 07970061786
Brother Qadeer: 07979073478
Sister: 07528289963
MQI Bradford: 01274 720760

Jazakallahu Khairun.[/size]

Time?

To be beautiful is to expect nothing in return.

"noor" wrote:
"Irfan.Khan" wrote:

Tafsir by Shaykh-ul-Islam Dr Muhammad Tahir ul Qadri. The Mujtahid! The shaykh has not only taken that ayah and made tafsir but he has also looked at the other ayat in Quran which relate and the commentary of past scholars.

Dont you think it would have been better presenting another source?

Why akhee? It provides proofs from Quran, Ahadith and statements from the early scholars. So why go to another source?

Sorry i meant translation, the source was perfectly fine but forget about it.

Lol, no you meant source, khayr.

whats khayr? and akheee ..... oh wait i know what khayr is lol.

Akhee: My brother

Oh jazakallakhairan what language?

Arabic.

Shukran

Afwan.

Im guessing that means your welcome?

to all those who wanna debate about its legitemacy go eslewhere!

Im coming inshallah Biggrin

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

do you no what time it's starting and finishing?

6.30pm start

which translates to MQI time 8pm

MQI finish time....11ish earliest

lol

The Lover is ever drunk with love;
He is free, he is mad,
He dances with ecstasy and delight.

Caught by our own thoughts,
We worry about every little thing,
But once we get drunk on that love,
Whatever will be, will be.

ɐɥɐɥ

Inshallah, the programme will be starting at 6:30 so try to come as soon as possible to get the best seats.

Sag e Aal-e-Rasool, Muhammad Milad Raza Qadri will also be the main Nasheed Artist at the Event

"Sirus" wrote:
to all those who wanna debate about its legitemacy go eslewhere!

Why?

Because this thread isn't about the legality of birthdays! It’s about our beloved Qaid!

"Noor" wrote:
Because this thread isn't about the legality of birthdays! It’s about our beloved Qaid!

So no-one organised him a surprise party then?

Or are you all keeping it a secret and I just gave the game away?

Pages

Topic locked