An Evening Of Islam 2008

101 posts / 0 new
Last post

hamza robertson said sheffield had the best crowd and felt very comfortable he preferred our concert than the one at wembley! woo! also, the awakening team, the person whose in charge said they were very impressed with iqra productions work and would like to work with them! which means sami yusuf in sheffield!

Respect to Sheffield, but I'd also like to go on record as saying that Shadows literature and media propagate some of the most hateful and inflammatory falsehoods of our time.

Asim, I hope you don't mind me asking especially as your name is not unusual, are you Asim Qureshi the lawyer, essayist and public speaker?

• It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

Dude are you the ht guy?

"asim qureshi" wrote:
when we see the examples of our brothers and sisters, fighting in Chechnya, Iraq, Palestine, Kashmir, Afghanistan, then we know where the example lies ... we see Hezbollah defeating the armies of Israel, we know what the solution is, and where the victory lies ... we know that it is incumbent upon all of us to support the jihad of our brothers and sisters in these countries when they are facing the oppression of the West. Allahu Akhbar

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

HT??? No!! and that quote is not from me. And I am not a speaker as the other bro mentioned.

Im a youth worker from Sheffield. I Live in Heeley

Thanks, didn't want to confuse you with the other guy, just I thought since you knew the organisers and mentioned the Shadows thing it was possible.

Are you familiar with that Shadows presentation?

[size=11]NB You may not know as you mainly post in this section, but I am Jewish. I am happy for you to call me a brother but you may prefer to call me a cousin.[/size]

Jewish, eh?

That explains a LOT!

Don't just do something! Stand there.

"Ya'qub" wrote:
Jewish, eh?

That explains a LOT!

no it doesnt... Lol

Back in BLACK

From what i have heard, the speaker at the shadows was part of the group that made Shadows 1 and Shadows 2, apparently he does not work with them now, and is independent.

The talk in Sheffield will be about gangs and drugs, not politics!!!

Shadows 1 was very popular, what is wrong with them?

"Asim qureshi" wrote:

Waaaa?

If you desire Allah to be persistent in granting you the things you love,, be persistent in doing the things that he loves - (Imaam Ahmad Ibn Hanbal)

"Asim qureshi" wrote:
From what i have heard, the speaker at the shadows was part of the group that made Shadows 1 and Shadows 2, apparently he does not work with them now, and is independent.

Shadows 1 was very popular, what is wrong with them?

You said it was about Freemasons and the Dajjal.

What was wrong with those materials is they made serious allegations that incidentally have a clear lineage back to libels concocted by a 19th century French priest, and are used to slander - clearly, for anyone like me who has ever known any Freemasons (I am not a Freemason) - a slightly eccentric network of philanthropists and to project on them the Muslim equivalent of an all-conspiring antichrist, requesting listeners in as many words to rise up collectively in battle to defeat this Dajjal. They also had bizarre references to the sanctions against Iraq and an incredible rendering in reverse of Maddona's Like a Virgin, if I remember correctly, supposedly calling on her loyal fans to worship the devil. As if the original wasn't bad enough. It is part of a canon of propaganda that has inspired countless Muslim youths to insane conspiracy theories and support of any jihad going, and I have always been astounded by its popularity. I consider it akin to antisemitic blood-libels and about as sensible as a Friday night's Paki-bashing. It is literally the most mind-numbingly stupid, but highly dangerous, thing I have ever heard. The initial hook was concerning the Iraq sanctions, so I wouldn't be surprised if they have indeed moved on to other subjects.

Pages