Eid Dinner Nasheeds Comedy - Baba Ali, Sahir Mustaqin &

90 posts / 0 new
Last post

"Noor" wrote:
snoops, you no how the people of sheffield are like. if the gks are not attending, you can pretty much predict the turnout, lol. bliss tells me a lot of people were asking after the rest of the gk clan.

yup tis true, they were :shock: only 2 :shock:

To be beautiful is to expect nothing in return.

There is the famous example of hazrat Abu Bakr (RA) when he gave in the community to charity, he did so to encourage others.

Allah knows the intentions

"Asim qureshi" wrote:
Whats Gks?

Wink

btw, how did you hear about the Revival? did u pick up a magazine somewhere? if yes, where? shukran.

"Asim qureshi" wrote:
Whats Gks?

Can't tell u everything now can we.

A rose protects its beauty with thorns..a woman protects hers with a veil

Yes I picked up a copy from Babe Islam, the brother told me that its a good magazine. So I checked out the website and decided to put info about the event on it. Much to my suprise the info had already been put up.

"Asim qureshi" wrote:
Yes I picked up a copy from Babe Islam, the brother told me that its a good magazine. So I checked out the website and decided to put info about the event on it. Much to my suprise the info had already been put up.

are you from firth park endz?

Lol. Yaqub what a grump. Remind me never to ask you to attend a comedy event again!

Regarding the money raising thing they did - they were trying to raise 25K to build a hosp! which is a noble act...yeh, personally I would NEVER donate my money like that in public and recieve a reward...but at the same time, I wouldnt dismiss this act as we are ENCOURAGED to donate in secret AND in public (to encourage others to give).

And I'm pretty sure someone donating a thousand pounds might have encouraged someone else to donate a tenner....I was impressed, I've never donated a thousand pounds to charity....

Bliss/Noor - our event seemed like a success. People laughed a lot. Participated. Donated a couple of grands. The hall was full (over 200 people). And the only criticism was regarding organisations (they started very late). I'm sure everyone enjoyed the event...except for grumpy Yaqub Biggrin

Started Late!!!! Since when has an Islamic ewvent started on time??? I went to Wembley to see Sami Yusuf, even that was delayed half an hour.

What time did it start in the end?

It actually said on the posters that they're looking to start promptly so everyone should be on time! It was due to start at 6.30...didnt actually start till 7.30/45...everyone was lining up outside moaning in the cold.

But in all faireness, it wasnt their fault. It was the fault of the people they booked the hall from...they had booked a wedding before that which had finished late....

Yeh, i guess you cant predict these things. Organising an event must be so difficult. I cant imagine how much work gets put into it. and then you get blamed for things that are not in your control. guess, you can not satisfy every1.

As a youth worker, i organise activities for 15 - 20 youths, even that dosent go to plan.

True say. But to be honest...it not actually a good thing. In the western world, everything starts on time...we manage to get to work, school, uni (most days) etc on time.

But when it comes to Islamic stuff, we're lax about meeting deadlines, starting events on time etc.... it looks SO unproffessional.

Not directed at you personally....but as a whole, Muslims lack commitment and responsiblity on Islamic stuff and its usually a handul of people that lets the team down thats why we're terrible at organising stuff.

I'm usually the sado at an event at 7.am which doesnt actually start until 10pm...

True say sis, from a dawah prospective, it aint good. non muslims must think bad.

r u attending the event at magna?

lookslike its gonna b a good event.

"Asim qureshi" wrote:
r u from firth park?

no im not

muslim sis is from london- doubt shes gna come all the wa yto sheffield- esp when they have millions of events going on in london

"Ya'qub" wrote:
He's a MUSLIM, surely etiquette comes first. There are plenty of BETTER comedians who don't do anything approaching rudeness and making fun of people, and they are a lot funnier too.

I know where Ya'qub is coming from, coz I was [i]really[/i] glad I wasn't sitting @ the front otherwise he might have picked on me.

I also found donating and then clapping abit 'weird', throughout the whole show I don't think I even clapped a single time. Sometimes when charity is being raised no-one comes forward so when one person openly donates, other people start to follow suit. There was a story about this during the time of the Prophet (pbuh) where basically the guy who donated first got the reward of donating AND also the reward of the people who donated after him coz he encouraged them (I think). But obviously as people have said it's the intention. But I must say our table must have been the loudest, and the table which ate the most food!

"Snoopz" wrote:
says the star :roll:

Who got the info from the search engine giant; google.

lol, the Star! haha, the trashy chavy paper, i'm surprised its still around.

Some of these results are surely manipulated by marketing people.

Portsmouth is top for the word "bored" in the last month. Milton Keynes for the phrase "I am bored". These results aren't remotely conclusive, although Milton Keynes probably is the most boring place.

• It can never be satisfied, the mind, never. -- Wallace Stevens

"Joie de Vivre" wrote:
Milton Keynes for the phrase "I am bored". These results aren't remotely conclusive, although Milton Keynes probably is the most boring place.

lol. Someone at work told me they grew up in Milton Keynes and I casually replied: "wasn't it boring?" I she got REALLY angry saying she loved it and she was fed up with people making jokes. When I mentioned the concrete cows she went crazy saying "Yes, there are SOME concrete cows, but there's only a few and there loads of other things other than that, and I wish people wouldn't always focus on it because its not accurate and its not fair!"

Don't just do something! Stand there.

"Ya'qub" wrote:
When I mentioned the concrete cows she went crazy saying "Yes, there are SOME concrete cows, but there's only a few and there loads of other things..."

More roundabouts than people, numbered roads, fields, a coach stop, an area arbitrarily known as the town centre, and Barry McGuigan. She's right but I reckon she should take the concrete cows and be happy, or say she's from Luton where they've got a big airport.

Im right in the middle of those and the place i live i have to almost always refer to luton or mk, mk centre is probably the best place to get clothes because our town centre is rubbish, mk is pretty decent place to live and its only central mk which has a lot of roundabouts, other areas dont follow the trend.

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

Lol Only messing.

Pages