1001 INVENTIONS - Science Museum Exhibition

1001 Inventions Exhibition, Science Museum, London

DATES: 21 January till 25 April 2010 (temporary closure 25 Feb to 12 March 2010)
TIMES: 10am till 6pm every day. Entrance is FREE of charge.
LOCATION: Science Museum, Exhibition Road, South Kensington, London.

What is the secret behind the way we write numbers?
When did scientists first discover how we see?
Who drew the oldest surviving map showing America?
What is the hidden meaning of the Elephant Clock?

God! i wana know which sad loser came up with maths and BIDMAS and pi and all that rubbish!
Blum 3

"How many people find fault in what they're reading and the fault is in their own understanding" Al Mutanabbi

Can I be not-a-fan of all this looking back?

To me it seems to be people nowadays trying to latch onto the glory of people in the past when we had to influence or impact on their decisions, views or lives.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

this is soo interesting i cant beleieve it was muslims that invented, to name a few, flying, shampoo, cofee beans--its amazing, i reali wna get the book but its a bit pricey for me atm lol.

im glad som1 put smat about it on ere, i wanted to but dint get round to it

here the website for any1 interested:

Muslimah_Traveller wrote:
...i cant believe it was muslims that invented ... cofee beans...

I am quite sure this cannot be attributed to Muslims as an invention... (drinking coffee maybe, but inventing coffee beans? Lets leave that to God).

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

God created coffee beans

Muslims found cofee beans
-it was an accidental discovery as in they thought they were cooking berries (but actually they were cokking coffee beans) they then drank it and realised it kept them awake, they then used it for early mourning prayers)

(btw they mentioned it on the 1001 muslim inventions programme)