Mashal Radio

Salaam

Mashal Radio will inshallah start broadcasting for Ramadan in oldham on 106.7 fm and around the world on the interweb from the 2nd of September 2008.

You can see the current (almost barebones) website at and more information will be added with time.

You can also subscribe for updates regarding to mashal Radio by entering your email in the "updates" box on the right of the page.

Wait a second...
Do I present or do you present this?

Don't just do something! Stand there.

If you want to present a show...

Call it "the Ya'qub show" or something... but you'll have to make it to Oldham to present it.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

You present this radio??

can i ask you, why is it called 'mashal' radio?
oh yeah, and does it only cum on in Ramadan?
coz we av one called Ramadan Radio (its really good!)

'Allah gives and forgives
Man gets and forgets' Baba Ali

I think the title is misleading... I am presenting the website... here. for people to see.

I am not a presenter for Mashal Radio and nor will I be one.

Guess I better change the title to boring old "Mashal Radio" or something.

"For too long, we have been a passively tolerant society, saying to our citizens 'as long as you obey the law, we will leave you alone'" - David Cameron, UK Prime Minister. 13 May 2015.

^^^ oh right. Where i read the title i thought you were actually gonna be presenting the show. If you have the opportunity you should. Would be interesting to listen to Smile

No not the gum drop buttons! – Gingy

That would imply me doing things... and that is sooo not me.

Lol typical You

All you have to do is sit there and talk. How hard can it be?

Talking is not my thing. I am a contemplative kind of person. Ecept when I am haing a go at someone. (There does not need to be a reason - Just a test of how people react. Not many people can handle criticism.)

Besides I have a better excuse. Have I mentioned that I recently dislocated my jaw?

You wrote:

Besides I have a better excuse. Have I mentioned that I recently dislocated my jaw

its all that evil laughing

Those who danced were thought to be quite insane, by those who couldn't hear the music...

Did you know you can't swallow without closing your mouth? and that you can't close your mouth with a dislocated jaw. no Maxillo facial (had to look that up), just A & E (eventually) who reset it into its place.

It was funny. And painful. All I could say was "Aaaw", or if I really tried, "aaaaw". And it was the middle of the night(4am). After thinking about what to do for about 40-50 minutes I woke someone up by test message and got him to take me to A & E.

For over a week afterwards, while my glands were producing more saliva than usual, my teeth were dry and sticking to the sides, so I had to keep licking them just like how The Joker does in The Dark Knight. Cool.

(the underside of the tongue was also bloodshot and painful as it had dried with me having my mouth open for so long).

I think I have mentioned before that I hate yawning.

(this was a day or so before the site became inaccessible to VM users, so all the phonecalls to get such things sorted were not fun...)

You've not actually told us how you managed to dislocate your jaw in the first place??

Back in BLACK

Read the line before the bit in brackets.

Nurse: I take it that grin is not because you're pleased to see me.

You wrote:

After thinking about what to do for about 40-50 minutes I woke someone up by test message and got him to take me to A & E.

Im intrigued to know, apart from A&E, what were the other options that were going through your head at 4.00am in the morning?

Im guessing a dislocated jaw is when the mouth locks. Did they inject you with something to relax the mouth muscles?

Just went to the doctor and he said it's fine. I'll take his word for it.

It is funny. I was laughing and howling at the same time when in Hospital.

Would have been funnier if it was during the day and I had had my quote of sleep.

As for the issue, no idea. Was told a few years ago that my jaw is not where it should be and the solution for that is to have it operated on. I sorta ignored that. Sometimes when yawning/opening mouth wide, the jaw cracks/clicks (which is painful), but the simple solution to that is to not open the mouth wide, and be careful when I do.

btw, just flunked my driving test. That means that a Chemical Engineering job I was finally supposed to get tomorrow will also be lost.

Bummer.

Dole is no where near enough to live off - my bills are about twice the amount of dole, forget getting clothes/food!

Naz wrote:
You wrote:

After thinking about what to do for about 40-50 minutes I woke someone up by test message and got him to take me to A & E.

Im intrigued to know, apart from A&E, what were the other options that were going through your head at 4.00am in the morning?

Im guessing a dislocated jaw is when the mouth locks. Did they inject you with something to relax the mouth muscles?

I tried to pull it back in its place. (done that previously, but this time the jaw was locked from both sides)

Another option was to just try and sleep on it, but not being able to swallow/dribbling sort of put that out of the picture.

No injections - the doctor that the nurse called just pulled it back, pushed it down and slotted it into place. After getting that a confirmation that I was not gonna bite his thumbs off.

(This is supposed to be the mashal radio topic.)

You wrote:

(This is supposed to be the mashal radio topic.)

yes, but this is far more interesting.

atleast until the show actually starts.

Back in BLACK

Just remember - being wide is only a single minor, so if in doubt, stay wide. Blum 3

Also, if you are getting such things wrong/finddng them tricky, your left mirror is set up wrong and probably needs to aim lower.

Did plain Chem Eng at uni a few years ago (2003) and got poor results (BEng Hons 3rd. Couldn't be bothered to query it, or redo the final year), but have more or less forgotten the lot. I actually applied for the job on a whim, to see how far I would get in the process. Got asked loads of questions on nationality/affiliations, terror links etc etc, not many about CHemical Engineering, which was fine by me.

love to live but living to die wrote:
So who's presenting?

I dont understand how ppl can stay up after taraweeh to listen to the radio. Im always shattered, its straight to bed for me. Dont you ppl have like have work, school, college, uni the next day?

Radio is not supposed to be something you make time for - it is supposed to run in the background. I think.

I am not an audiophile, so radio is really not for me, but most people I guess do not put the same amount of concentration into it as when watching TV and are more likely to be doing other tasks at the same time.

But then again, that is my view of how it should work.

Disclaimer: I rarely listen to the radio. Even if it is on, I forget and "stop listening".

I only ever listened to the radio in the car to and from work.

Any other time and i cant be bothered.

Back in BLACK

If your listening to music then yeah it is something thats suppose to be in the background, but a talk show requires attention. I listen to the radio when doing the chores and when i use to drive (ive offically retired). Back in the days i use to listen to the James Stnaich show on key 103 (did anyone else listen to it). He use to rip the chavs tha would ring in to give him abuse lol. He ended up getting the sack for some reason. So the James Stanich show was no more Cray 2